Ty Isaac, still boggles my mind,,,

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so this on mgoblog, so tifwiw

Per Sam Webb on the Recruiting Round-up on WTKA (use iHeartRadio), and didn't see any update in the Isaac thread from last night. Webb says absolutely Isaac is interested in Michigan. He gained his release to 17 schools, one of which is Michigan (and includes several other unnamed B1G schools), and none of which are Notre Dame or Ohio State

so this on mgoblog, so tifwiw

Per Sam Webb on the Recruiting Round-up on WTKA (use iHeartRadio), and didn't see any update in the Isaac thread from last night. Webb says absolutely Isaac is interested in Michigan. He gained his release to 17 schools, one of which is Michigan (and includes several other unnamed B1G schools), and none of which are Notre Dame or Ohio State

I would not be shocked if he landed at NW or U of M. I doubt USC will release him to ND.

Considering the potential to play immediately and the lack of production at the RB position at U of M, I think that is a likely possibility.

I would not be shocked if he landed at NW or U of M. I doubt USC will release him to ND.

Considering the potential to play immediately and the lack of production at the RB position at U of M, I think that is a likely possibility.

I wonder if he give Wisconsin a real look.

I wonder if he give Wisconsin a real look.

Looking at his tape, I think he'd be a good fit there. High school ran a power run game. Love to have an athlete of his calibre at ND, but I wouldn't blame him if he caught on at Wisconsin.

One drawback is that the NFL scouts are starting to discount UW backs as products of a system. I read the NFL Draft report of the one who went last week (forget the name), and the scouting report mentioned that the Wisconsin system inflated his production. It's a thin reed for ND to hang its hat on, but hey, whatever works.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ICYMI, I spoke w/ Ty Isaac's mom who said USC missed a deadline on their release, which might mean he can go to any school he likes.</p>— Tom VanHaaren (@TomVH) <a href="

">May 16, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is an update from earlier where it was said that he was allowed to go to any school except ND, OSU, and a few others.

Remember this post? ;)

I'm saying this on both Isaac threads: mods, any chance of combining? There's good stuff on both and we are toggling not only between threads, but between forums. Thanks!

Yea, I thought about that yesterday but got busy. Will do.

That would seem to imply he wants to come to ND, but only if the date mishap by USC gives him the chance.

Exactly. Ty wants to transfer closer to home. Basically that includes Illinois, NW, Michigan, ND and Northern Illinois. The only one out of those he cannot talk to currently is ND. If he and his mom didn't at least want to talk to ND, no one would care and this discussion of a full release would not be happening.

• 3 weeks later...