David Pollack is a meanie face

He's the most immature of any of the announcers. It's like, dude, you're not in college, anymore. You're a professional commentator. Put your biases aside...

I know. I can't believe I used to like him when he played college ball. He's turned into a real doucher.

I know. I can't believe I used to like him when he played college ball. He's turned into a real doucher.

I love Palmer and Herbie and was hoping Pollack would be a third addition to that duo in a similar mold. Unfortunately, he's a lot like Trev Alberts, if anybody remembers that castaway.

Not to mention, his fellow Dawg in Jarvis Jones remained seated thanks to Te'o.

Dude, it's your job to celebrate the accomplishments of student athletes rather than succumb to petty biases and the jaded thinking our era promotes in sports. It really is a lot easier to be happy for someone else than try to tear everyone around you down on an AWARDS NIGHT.

I'm not saying I like Pollack, that he is the best or smartest analyst, or that he isn't an SEC Homer, but he doesn't hate ND, just like ESPN doesn't hate ND. He absolutely gushes about ND's front 7 anytime he talks about them, but isn't shy about pointing out that the secondary is weak point of the defense. This same topic coming up over and over gets a little old. He says pretty much the same stuff that every other person, that isn't an ND fan, says and has said all year, but he isn't like Desmond, who just picks against ND for spite.

I just think when someone hears anyone talking on TV hating on ND, it resonates much more. It's almost subjective listening.

They could spend 55 minutes of a 1-hour program hating on something else, but five minutes of poor comments about ND and OH :censored:, IT'S ON!!

And...... What's your point? Lol

I wasn't the least bit offended. ESPN basically put on a Notre Dame extravaganza. They didn't have to invite Holtz and Parsegian. We won so many awards I was almost embarrassed. Almost.

Oklahoma Irish is spot on. I did have the feeling of, "man, I bet all the ND haters now are like, ESPN LOVES NOTRE DAME, this is a two-hour Notre Dame love fest.

And what do us Irish fans do? Talk about how we think Pollack is a "meanie face."

The rest of the show was a ND love fest, I will not deny that, but doesnt negate Pollack's unprofessional comments and that is what this thread is about. Yes, he is a ND hater, if you watch the college shows, you will come to that conclusion.

His comment weren't unprofessional. too many here are sensitive to what he says. So they were taken as a cheap shot. We'll just have to agree to disagree.