^^ THIS

I think the past Heisman winners will do themselves a disservice if we win out at USC, on the strength of our D, and Manti does not win.

If that happens... and Johnny F or whoever wins... then the Heisman winners of the past just voted the award out of relevance for me... forever.

You might as well call the award the Offensive MVP award...

And to add -- The Offensive MVP Only Based On Stats Award

Is this a year of destiny?? Could we actually face Alabama in a game of the centuries?? If God is orchestrating all of this then Teo will win the Heisman. If this all actually happens and we win the National title we need to give some serious thanks and gratitude. It's all still there for the taking. Unbelievable.

"If a guy like Manti Te'o is not going to win the Heisman, they should just make it an offensive award. Just give it to the offensive player every year and let's just cut to the chase. He is the backbone of a 12-0 football team that has proven itself each and every week. And showed it again tonight with a another key interception and a great play in the end zone against Marqise Lee to save another touchdown. If the Heisman Trophy is what it is, I don't know how Manti Te'o is left out of that conversation," Kelly said.

Great article, I am glad to see the national media is getting on board. ND spent all season focused on winning, now their massive media influence needs to roll.