Redfield is Irish ......

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not quite as good as I hoped.. It means Oregon has the last word, Maybe Chip get an NFL offer by then I hope. We still have a good shot but the ducks have Location advantage and last word so don't count them out.

I guess so but I think ND is still the clear leader and Ore will really have to knock his socks off...

The Oregon visit is a good thing for us. We don't want another Lynch. We can now be picky enough to only take players who have no doubts that ND is THE place for them.

thats true, Max deserves to see all his options. I just mighta saved my in-home visit for after the Oregon Visit.

I like ND to have the last word, just my opinion. But you make a VERY good point. Thanks!

thats true, Max deserves to see all his options. I just mighta saved my in-home visit for after the Oregon Visit.

I like ND to have the last word, just my opinion. But you make a VERY good point. Thanks!

Bring in Diaco at the 11th hour, he'll wrap it up no problem. He's got all the charisma and coaches the best defense in the country. How could Redfield turn him down?

Just saw this article in the OC Register:

http://ocvarsity.freedomblogging.com/2012/11/27/mvs-redfield-gets-an-irish-visit/269847/

It looks like BK's visit was at the gym before MR's BB game. I would have preferred an in-home talk. Article also indicates that OR and WA are still under consideration.

Nothing in that article says he wasn't at an in home talk. As a matter of fact, it says nothing about his parents being at the gym or BK talking to the parents there, i.e. I very well suspect there was an in home before the bb game.

Also, the mention of Ore and Wash is stated as nothing more than upcoming Redfield schedule info. There is absolutely nothing that implies competition one way or the other regarding ND.

In short, this article seems pretty meaningless. Just some local hs news notes.

PS: 91-33 ????????????????

,,,,,,,,,:spider:,,,,,,,,,,

not quite as good as I hoped.. It means Oregon has the last word, Maybe Chip get an NFL offer by then I hope. We still have a good shot but the ducks have Location advantage and last word so don't count them out.

Isn't Oregon under investigation by the NCAA? If so, when will the results get released?

if kelly's visit with parents and redfield was at his school, does that count as an in-home visit? in other words, could kelly return for a home visit or does the head coach only get one visit with the recruit in the home city whether it's school, home, or other?

I believe he had an inhome visit prior to going to the basketball game.

Even if there hadn't been an in-home prior to the game, I'm guessing the NCAA counts any head coach's meeting with player & parents (away from ND) as the in-home regardless. If they didn't, how many SEC and tOSU coaches would be reserving hotel rooms and private restaurant sections on a monthly basis?

You know what this really boils down to? This is a kid who wants to see how the rest of the season plays out before he makes a move. He seems like a smart kid who wants his decision to be final and not pull the trigger too early.

There are a ton of questions surrounding ND, more than if we had had a bad season. I think this guy wants to see what happens with the NC game, though I don't know that win or lose is going to sway him. But more importantly I think he would like to see who our assistants are going to be. I want to see this too.

I want success for Diaco, but I would hate to lose him. Or Cooks. Or Alford.

We will see.

You know what this really boils down to? This is a kid who wants to see how the rest of the season plays out before he makes a move. He seems like a smart kid who wants his decision to be final and not pull the trigger too early.

There are a ton of questions surrounding ND, more than if we had had a bad season. I think this guy wants to see what happens with the NC game, though I don't know that win or lose is going to sway him. But more importantly I think he would like to see who our assistants are going to be. I want to see this too.

We will see.

I HIGHLY doubt we lose any assistant coaches. This concern is overblown.

We will see.

Assistants tend to leave when you have a good year but don't reach the NC game. The NC game tends to lock them into their schools since other universities would want them to start right away.

I think Redfield would have popped Irish if he hadn't already decommitted from another school. This kid does NOT want to be a traveling circus, and will make for darn sure that he's taken in as much information as he can before committing - for good.

I'm fine with him taking his time. A lot of hand ringing at this juncture, but this one should not be something that makes us terribly nervous.

I HIGHLY doubt we lose any assistant coaches. This concern is overblown.

well, call me pessimistic, but I am a little concerned... especially with Diaco, he is already being mentioned as one of the top head coaching candidates around college football. I think/hope Diaco waits for a better offer after he leads a top 10 defense for mulitple years in a row.