Love this tweet from Rick Reilly (@ReillyRick)...

SanDiegoIrish

"As mea culpa for being so wrong about Notre Dame's team this year, I'll RT the best 5 clean rips of me. Unburden yourself, Domers."

Gotta give the guy credit for admitting his error and giving fans a chance to rip into him a little bit. Don't think we'll ever see that from Mark May...

His tweets (including that one) were still double-dipped in smugness, however.

Even if they win it all' date=' Notre Dame shouldn't be the only school w/ a seat at the BCS table. Still, congrats on a stunning season so far.[/quote']

Like that one.

cory is spot on. Reilly wrote that preseason column not because he has this overriding belief that Notre Dame is irrelevant. He wrote it because he knew it would ignite a fan base. Everyone would be talking about a column written by HIM. Wasn't overly great writing. Just said a bunch of things on a big network's website that a bunch of people would read.

Biggest point: If you are a Notre Dame supporter. A believer in the team and school, win or lose, ignore the people who don't get it. Winning feels so, so good. But we love watching ND. Every game, every season. We will watch no matter what.

If you know Notre Dame, no explanation is necessary. If you don't, none will suffice.

GO IRISH!!

cory is spot on. Reilly wrote that preseason column not because he has this overriding belief that Notre Dame is irrelevant. He wrote it because he knew it would ignite a fan base. Everyone would be talking about a column written by HIM. Wasn't overly great writing. Just said a bunch of things on a big network's website that a bunch of people would read.

Biggest point: If you are a Notre Dame supporter. A believer in the team and school, win or lose, ignore the people who don't get it. Winning feels so, so good. But we love watching ND. Every game, every season. We will watch no matter what.

If you know Notre Dame, no explanation is necessary. If you don't, none will suffice.

GO IRISH!!

That's def a legit way to look at it.

Me, I say play the game. By that, I mean the whole Holtz-May- Reilly-homer-hater game. ND thrives on it. Other folks benefit from it too. It is why ND is always relevant, even when we are losing. It is why the campus is so beautiful, why the sky is so blue, and why our time on the telly is so abundant. It is why our independence is worth the price of a higher BCS ranking. Nowhere but Notre Dame.