I expect to hear this name pretty soon. Allen is a Junior at Urbandale High School in Des Moines. Allen Plays both ways as a WR on offense and a CB or Safety on defense.

Allen scored 2-3 touchdowns last week and had an all around amazing game. He returned a punt, took a short pass for about a 60 yard touchdown. Maybe some of you can find some more info on him? He is from Urbandale, which is where my youngsters go, so if I get more info, I will post it.

In the menatime, here is a link on 247.

http://247sports.com/Player/Allen-Lazard-21011

I forgot to mention that his dad is the defensive backs coach for Urbandale High School as well, I think he could be a great catch if anyone takes the time to look.

Edited by The Four Horsemen

I found a sight that seems to have a lot of video footage butI do not have Silverlight? Can anyone help loading the video?

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/475375/#allen-lazard

Here is another video link page.

http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.aspx#!videoid=679e72e8-3acf-4616-087b-a829ed8e1033

He is number 5, in either the white or navy blue uniforms

Edited by The Four Horsemen
Well the ND staff seems to have a connection with Dowling in Des Moines. I'll bet they have an idea about this kid already. No harm in making sure.

I would bet they know who he is. I have been doing a little more looking and it turns out he has been offered by Iowa, Iowa State and Nebraska. He is still being recruited by Wisconsin, Michigan and LSU had him there for camp this past summer.

• 2 months later...

It sounds like Allen has committed to Iowa State.

Here are some updates

Jake Brown @Jake_Brown

2014 #Rivals 250 WR @AllenLazard tweets he has committed to #IowaState. Huge get. #Cyclones

Jake Brown @Jake_Brown

#Notre Dame assistant Bob Elliott checked on Lazard last week. Irish had been expressing increased interest.

Mike Farrell @rivalsmike

And #IowaState got a potential five star WR for 2014.

we will see if that sticks... lol, a potential 5* WR going to Iowa State is highly unlikely...

but Deontay Greenbury shocked us all by going to Houston, so I guess it technically could happen.

What Hoosier said.

This is the same Iowa State that honestly thought it would land Harrison Barnes a few years ago. If this kid keeps improving and showing his stuff at camps, the Clones may want to look for a backup plan.

This kid is a great player and is really starting to get some serious interest after his Junior season. He was dominant in the CIML.

I am more leaning that this sticks. His did attended Iowa State and it is close to home. His dad is a defensive backs coach at Urbandale, where he attends H.S.

Would really like to see him get some more attention from Elliott and the rest of the coaches.

This kid is a great player and is really starting to get some serious interest after his Junior season. He was dominant in the CIML.

I am more leaning that this sticks. His did attended Iowa State and it is close to home. His dad is a defensive backs coach at Urbandale, where he attends H.S.

Would really like to see him get some more attention from Elliott and the rest of the coaches.

We will see what happens when all the big time offers start coming in. From everything I have seen, this kid could be a very highly ranked WR and that means top tier teams will start to take notice. No disrespect to Iowa State, but they are not a top tier football program... not even close.

• 5 months later...
lol Rivals has him as the #1 WR and 24th overall?? That has to be a mistake. He is listed as the 33rd WR on ESPN...15th on Scout....

28th on 24/7, just to complete the picture, and they don't rate him nationally. Sounds like a few camps this summer will clear up the picture. BUT BK and his boys have an eye for this stuff and if they like him, this could be a done deal June 11. As far as my own rating system, I personally witnessed him tear the (locally) mighty Dowling to pieces last fall -- and wondered whether he'd get some attention.

I will tell you all, this kid has amazing ball skills and excellent body control. He plays for Urbandale, where my son will be a freshman next year. We have watched him in football and basketball. This is going to be a tough pull from ISU. His brother goes there and his dad went there. He has been on campus almost every weekend.

My only knock on this kid seems to be a little bit of a lack of work ethic. He seemed pretty lazy on some plays that werent designed for him and he rarely gave 100% on the basketball court. Now maybe everything comes so easy for him that it looks effortless but I think once a college level coach get their hands on him, he has an even bigger upside.

Tough pull but could be a huge get if we can get him interested.