• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helmet seems very Chicago Bears-ish...kinda fitting no?

I think you're on to something here.... I hate it slightly less now. Either way it's for the recruits. I'm a traditionalist, but once a year it's nice to see us try something different. Certainly better than pulling out green jerseys whenever we want to lose a big game (Sorry, the truth hurts. I was a student at the USC game in '05. Maybe I'm just scarred from that still).

While we're on the topic of helmets, something that Manti on SI reminded me of is how great the normal helmets are now, compared to the flat gold they were a few years ago. Now to get rid of those mustard pants.

I don't see why everyone is worked up. I like the new uniforms. BK was on ESPN and even he said, it is only for 1 game a year, and they have no intention to go away from the traditional uni. BK knows this draws recruits in. It is not that big of a deal. It could look worse, it could look better. Should we go to it permanently? No. Do I support anything that gives ND a leg up in the recruiting process and gets our name out there more? Yes.

Question for you: Would you accept this uni if you found out that because of it, and solely because of it, we signed to 5 star CB's to the 2013 class?

I don't see why everyone is worked up. I like the new uniforms. BK was on ESPN and even he said, it is only for 1 game a year, and they have no intention to go away from the traditional uni. BK knows this draws recruits in. It is not that big of a deal. It could look worse, it could look better. Should we go to it permanently? No. Do I support anything that gives ND a leg up in the recruiting process and gets our name out there more? Yes.

Question for you: Would you accept this uni if you found out that because of it, and solely because of it, we signed to 5 star CB's to the 2013 class?

Goes both ways, what if we lost one or more cause it's "whack"?

Just sayin...

I know not everyone likes the helmets and uniforms, but I found this link that is pretty cool... It talks about Troy Lee Designs that hand painted each helmet. Thought some of you might like to check it out.

http://www.troyleedesigns.com/news/article.php?news_id=2665

and this is the link from last season

http://www.troyleedesigns.com/news/article.php?news_id=2153

both the links have videos that show how they painted the helmets. I guess since I used to race motocross (quads) and I always wanted Troy Lee to paint a helmet for me. That is why I think that this is a pretty cool thing that we do.

What evidence is there that any of this uniform stuff "draws the recruits in"?

Serious question.

I happen to like the change of pace once a year, but I believe it is ONLY motivated by Adidas wanting to make money.

I would agree that the uniforms themselves probably have very little to do with actual recruiting, but you can't say it has zero.

To me, winning cures all of this. The reason why everyone hates the green jerseys now? ND had lost a bunch in a row with them until last year.

The reason everyone thinks the new gold helmets and night game vs. USC last year were too much hype? ND lost.

I saw a few people make the point about needing to do alternate jerseys, after all, Alabama doesn't see the need for it. Really? They did a ProCombat jersey a few years back also. It was still pretty traditional, but it was a "new" jersey for them. The reason no one talks about it? Alabama won the title that year, there was other stuff to talk about.

If ND wins a national title this year, do you think anyone is going to care or hardly remember that they wore some crazy uniforms for one game? No. It's a story because there isn't much else to talk about.

It's really two pronged. The kids love the new uniform for their home/away game and recruits talk about this kind of stuff. Why? Because they're kids! Lol I'm glad BTK spoke up and told the Alumni to shut the hell up!

Yep, it is a good thing for the program. It's just too bad gimmick uni's are always such a jinx for ND lately.

What evidence is there that any of this uniform stuff "draws the recruits in"?

Serious question.

I happen to like the change of pace once a year, but I believe it is ONLY motivated by Adidas wanting to make money.

Go look at the twitterverse and what the recruits are saying. Oregon started this with haveing 8,000 different unis. Now, the recruits want something to call their own. Most of them want swag or gear and this fits into that. Not all recruits can be like Jaylon Smith and not let stuff like this affect them.

I know not everyone likes the helmets and uniforms, but I found this link that is pretty cool... It talks about Troy Lee Designs that hand painted each helmet. Thought some of you might like to check it out.

http://www.troyleedesigns.com/news/article.php?news_id=2665

and this is the link from last season

http://www.troyleedesigns.com/news/article.php?news_id=2153

both the links have videos that show how they painted the helmets. I guess since I used to race motocross (quads) and I always wanted Troy Lee to paint a helmet for me. That is why I think that this is a pretty cool thing that we do.

The video is a techno remix of the Game of Thrones theme song. Pretty badass

[ame]

[/ame]