Will Fuller '13 WR IS IRISH!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rivals has this kid listed at 6'1, 160.

And his offer list is abysmal....I just don't get why we would offer a kid whose most notable offers are from PSU and BC....

Guess our coaches aren't too optimistic about pulling in some of the elite offers we have out there...

Come on echo--he's got offers from UMASS--Towson & Toledo--so be fair--;)

Seriously, you would think we would just sit tight & hope good QB play & a productive offense during the season will open some eyes---long way till february to settle for a reciever like this IMHO!

Now scout does give him 4 stars & rank him the # 39 WR but that is the only service so generous--perhaps the coaches see soemthing others don't but nonetheless i don't get the urgency with robinson and ONAWALU (SP) thats an odd name---already in the fold---and with Neal/Brown & Fergusen looking good already for this class---

I would wait and look to poach or generate interest from a better player with a strong start to the season---just my opinion though.

aloha's

yeah he's thinner then I thought 163, rated 73 by ESPN, 4.53 40(electronic), good hands and catches well in traffic. Would be our lowest rated commitment. I do like the vert and the 40 33.9 vertical. Not necessarily my first choice but if he could put on 30 pounds he could be a real player for his university.

And his offer list is abysmal....I just don't get why we would offer a kid whose most notable offers are from PSU and BC....

Guess our coaches aren't too optimistic about pulling in some of the elite offers we have out there...

Just looking at some of these lists, can't say I would disagree with their potential pessimism. Looks like one reach after another. That said, not sure I would be in a hurry to just fill a spot. Not sure there is a numbers issue there, as much as elite talent issue.

Projecting him at CB would totally change my opinion on this recruit---i would take him in a minute as a CB prospect--

JC Shurburtt--- thinks he can play CB---

He has the length---he has the speed---add some bulk we might get a very good corner here---

He jumps very well--

He ran a 4.4 at Penn state on june 2nd to get his PSU offer

CB project i say absolutely yes

As our 3rd WR recruit i say absolutely no

I believe his offer is conditional right now ( perhaps grades)---he had HIGH interest in ND before the commit to PSU---

aloha's

Just committed to Notre Dame I believe, its all over twitter.

Steve Wiltfong ‏@SWiltfong247

Philadelphia Roman Catholic WR Will Fuller commits to Notre Dame. http://notredame.247sports.com/Article/Will-Fuller-flips-his-comitment-from-Penn-State-to-Notre-Dame-83791 via @247Sports

I just wonder what this does to Hunter Jr. or if a top WR wants to join later down the road. Very similar to Bennett Jackson in terms of measureables and play, could be a CB in the future. It says WR, but I wonder if the staff told him he could play either way (WR or CB).

Edited by NDhoosier

I knew a new thread would be started for this... ill just repost the tweet and my thoughts here.

Steve Wiltfong ‏@SWiltfong247

Philadelphia Roman Catholic WR Will Fuller commits to Notre Dame. http://notredame.247sports.com/Artic...tre-Dame-83791 via @247Sports

I just wonder what this does to Hunter Jr. or if a top WR wants to join later down the road. Very similar to Bennett Jackson in terms of measureables and play, could be a CB in the future. It says WR, but I wonder if the staff told him he could play either way (WR or CB).

Fuller could complete the Irish’s 2013 receiver haul, but Notre Dame may still look at taking a fourth wideout or an athlete who could play on either side of the ball.

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/7411-fuller-makes-switch

Edited by NDhoosier