Chase Hounshell - Out For The Year (Rumor)

Torn labrum is the apparent story--forgive my ignorance but what is that?

I guess we better wait till spetember before we count too many more chickens--last year was the year of the turnover , hopefully this one won't be the year of the injury--:(

Lets hope this is the last news like this at least until kick-off

aloha's

Torn labrum is the apparent story--forgive my ignorance but what is that?

I guess we better wait till spetember before we count too many more chickens--last year was the year of the turnover , hopefully this one won't be the year of the injury--:(

Lets hope this is the last news like this at least until kick-off

aloha's

I believe it is the same injury that has knocked out Collinsworth.

Expecting him to be a major player this year. Hopefully this is a false rumor. I hate the way these things get started, but nowdays they can get squashed pretty quickly.

I'm with you Oklahoma - expecting Hounshell to be a guy that makes a major leap in 2012. Somebody HAS to fill that 3rd down rush role vacated by #19 and I'm not sure in KLM/Tuitt/Ishaq are that guy for that specific need. If it's not at DE, he might play DT or the 3 technique on pass downs.

Hoping his tweet was true and holds true.

Where do rumors like this get started?

You mean having a thread on a Notre Dame website titled "Chase Hounsell Out for the year" with some cuss words and no link isn't enough?

Now I am sure Rocket31 saw it somewhere else first and is just reporting it, but that is exactly how such things get started.

Where do rumors like this get started?

You mean having a thread on a Notre Dame website titled "Chase Hounsell Out for the year" with some cuss words and no link isn't enough?

Now I am sure Rocket31 saw it somewhere else first and is just reporting it, but that is exactly how such things get started.

See post #11, this thread ;)

So in a moment of panic, I checked out our depth chart and active roster. I realize they are walk-ons, but at the very least they have size ?!.

No. 67: Kevin Carr, DE | 6-7, 325 | junior (Nashville, Tenn./Montgomery Bell Academy)

- By all appearances a massive frame, but struggles to move...

No. 63: Grant Patton, DE | 6-6, 256 | senior (Louisville, Ky./Saint Xavier)

-Mystery man, can't find him on film anywhere...

No. 94: Dominic Romeo, DE | 6-6, 245 | junior (Turlock, Calif./Pitman)

- He has only been shown with improper allignment and lacking explosion

Below is the only clip I can find with these guys even making an appearance and it appears Romeo was unsure on how to line up with his hand on the ground and Kevin Carr was moved back a line in the stretching 'groups'...

[ame]

[/ame]

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue...

well he is still working out....

Chase Hounshell ‏@chasehounshell

Great lift. getting bigger, stronger, faster everyday.

i am not confirming or denying this rumor (as some people seem to have their panties in a wad)

however, you can still work out with a torn labum, youre only restricted with certain lift movements. even then, you can still lift through the pain (some ppl never get their shoulders repaired)

well he is still working out....

Chase Hounshell ‏@chasehounshell

Great lift. getting bigger, stronger, faster everyday.

Just reading this it is obvious to me that Chase is going to play and is really getting after it. He feels it is his time. No worries here.

..... however, you can still work out with a torn labum, youre only restricted with certain lift movements. even then, you can still lift through the pain (some ppl never get their shoulders repaired)

Do you really think that if he was suddenly seriously injured and was going to be out for the entire year

1) he'd be giving a tweet that was so obviously positive

2) that he wouldn't be at least inferring how his life has suddenly changed

Ok, let's do an experiment here. If I was a football player, I would look at all the boards that mention me just to see what they are saying sooo,,,,,

Hey Chase! I'm not asking you to post here or anything, but could you please Tweet that you are not injured so these guys can relax please? :grin:

i am not confirming or denying this rumor (as some people seem to have their panties in a wad)

however, you can still work out with a torn labum, youre only restricted with certain lift movements. even then, you can still lift through the pain (some ppl never get their shoulders repaired)

He's not lifting with a freshly-torn labrum. Unless he was doing a leg workout or has had a labrum injury for months, this rumor can be put to bed.