Vernon Hargreaves III--CB FL

BadaBing, if you are referring to a network, connections, opportunities, etc., then I will buy what you are saying. However, if you are talking about being *educated* when one is finished at these institutions, then I have to side with Classic. Places like OSU and at least half of the SEC just aren't going to get it done in that respect.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously football plays a huge role in all this, in their decisions. As it should. But there are plenty of outstanding universities out there that can marry your football dreams with your adcademic aspirations.

Look, if a kid is serious about school and takes cares of business where ever he goes his degree from Notre Dame, USC, UCLA, Michigan Ohio State etc...etc will serve them well post career.

And look, if a bright kid wants to play major college football and give the NFL a go but wants to live in Los Angeles/Southern California whenever his football career ends, a degree from UCLA and USC will absolutely serve him well.

The same can be said for any of the fine universities in the country and the regions they reside in.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree then. If I had a son or daughter who was offered a free ride to Stanford and Ohio State, I know where I would want him/her to go. There wouldn't be any question about it.

However, if you are talking about being *educated* when one is finished at these institutions, then I have to side with Classic. Places like OSU and at least half of the SEC just aren't going to get it done in that respect.

Even for the kids who are really serious about getting an education while they are playing football?

Even for the kids who are really serious about getting an education while they are playing football?

Now you are talking about a very small sample size. The kids are are "serious about getting an education while they are playing football" tend to gravitate toward the institutions that demonstrate they can even provide it. I know it's not an absolute rule (there are very few of those anyway), but kids like you describe have to be considered outliers if they consciously chose to play at Auburn, Ohio State, Ole Miss, etc.

Vernon Hargreaves‏@VHargreaves24

Top 5 ) 1.Florida 2.Clemson 3.Vanderbilt 4.Miami 5.Notre Dame , USF is not in my top 5 but still considering !

Retweeted by Irish Sports Daily

I am floored to not see USC.

I am floored to not see USC.

I'm not. I'm thinking that was more joking when he said that, based on some of the reaction it got from other ND recruits.

I wonder if ND stands a little better than we think. He tweeted that his dad loved it, his dads school isn't in his top 5. ND was the only school I saw him say would for sure get an official after his visit. ND is top 5 after a three hour visit etc. this one may play out better than we think.

I'm not. I'm thinking that was more joking when he said that, based on some of the reaction it got from other ND recruits.

I wonder if ND stands a little better than we think. He tweeted that his dad loved it, his dads school isn't in his top 5. ND was the only school I saw him say would for sure get an official after his visit. ND is top 5 after a three hour visit etc. this one may play out better than we think.

Let's hope so....

Either way. With Tee coming back he is more a luxury at this point.

:llama:

Tee is coming back? I had heard he is trying, but that really means nothing at all. Especially with no further developments beyond his tweet.

Tee is coming back? I had heard he is trying, but that really means nothing at all. Especially with no further developments beyond his tweet.

I thought the llama implied sarcasm/flaming? Am I off on the emoticons?

I don't think Tee is coming back as of now, but you were fired up about it, so I wanted some return friendly fire.

I thought the llama implied sarcasm/flaming? Am I off on the emoticons?

I don't think Tee is coming back as of now, but you were fired up about it, so I wanted some return friendly fire.

Lol, sorry the gaydeer didnt show up on my mobile version of DD...

Sapp on 247 has repeatedly said that even if this was true (him trying to come back), it would be lonnngg way back. I dont think he's anywhere close to being academically eligible.

On the Hargreaves front; USC might make a comeback if they "lose" a commit. Otherwise they cant wait on Hargreaves and potentially lose a guy like Priest Willis.

ND is #5. Florida, Clemson, Vandy, Miami, ND. Supposedly in order.

That's ok. He spent 5 minutes here with USF coach/dad and we're #5.

Wait until his official, a whole weekend with mom, a victory, Jalen, Anzalone and the rest of the IrishMob here and I think we'll move up like a shot!