When is the last time?

Welp, nice attempt at a depressing thread..

Haha! Shut down!

I think next year is going to be the best Notre Dame team in quite some time, but man that schedule is going to be tough. Barkely and Landry Jones returning for their senior years certainly didn't help things.

The good news is if Notre Dame wins the will shoot up the polls quicker.

Sigh....I am tired of the troll posts....I was asking a question and have been following nd longer than some of the posters with 10,000 posts or whatever. As I stated before I have lurked on this board since hawaii actually liked weis....just wanted some info!

The problem with the post is that it is depressing! Sure you could get an answer from someone here, but we have this thing called the internet that gives us all the answers we need. Next time, find that information out and then maybe roll it into a thread that people can turn into a reasonable conversation.

No harm, just maybe do a little background research before you put something out there that makes us all feel bad about the state of the program.

As a pollster just said, next year will be our best team in quite awhile. If Golson is good as a lot of us think, we will lose to OK and USC and play in a BCS game.

We had a pretty good team this year and would have been Very Good if we had a QB and aother DB that could cover. I thing next years schedule will help us more than it will hurt.

AlabamaDuck

If we finish next year ranked i will be very surprised and happily impressed with BK.

We need to or BK might be on the hot seat! I am all for what he has started to build but we did not finish strong this year and the recruiting class is still a hung jury. Only time will tell. The success of this team truly lies in the hands of a couple, up and coming players.

I submit that it matters not that ND is "ranked", but rather "ranked in the Top 10". Seriously, who gives a crap if we end up #23 in the country? Not sure what the cut-off is, but once your team gets a ranking in the teens, it's just a sign of being an "also-ran".

Gotta be in the Top 10 to really mean anything!

And, just as important, it's gotta be sustained from year to year.

I submit that it matters not that ND is "ranked", but rather "ranked in the Top 10". Seriously, who gives a crap if we end up #23 in the country? Not sure what the cut-off is, but once your team gets a ranking in the teens, it's just a sign of being an "also-ran".

Gotta be in the Top 10 to really mean anything!

And, just as important, it's gotta be sustained from year to year.

I'd gladly take anything higher than 20 at this point and time. Means progress...

We need to or BK might be on the hot seat! I am all for what he has started to build but we did not finish strong this year and the recruiting class is still a hung jury. Only time will tell. The success of this team truly lies in the hands of a couple, up and coming players.

Are you kidding with the hot seat comment? Come on. Sure, the fans will be complaining a lot, but not even close to a hot seat by the administration.

ya, he just got a 2 year extension on his contract. Dont think he will be on the hot seat any time soon. I think they believe Kelly is the right man and want to stick with one coach for awhile... and to show the recruits that the program is stable for a while.

Are you kidding with the hot seat comment? Come on. Sure, the fans will be complaining a lot, but not even close to a hot seat by the administration.

I probably should have clarified that a little more, I meant with the fans. I believe that he has a master plan and just needs more time to get his players in place. If we have a better QB this year, our season could have been very different, hopefully some of this new talent will help push the bar higher.

Sigh....I am tired of the troll posts....I was asking a question and have been following nd longer than some of the posters with 10,000 posts or whatever. As I stated before I have lurked on this board since hawaii actually liked weis....just wanted some info!

Dude. Let me get this straight. You've followed ND football longer than some of our posters with 10,000 + posts, yet you couldn't answer this question for yourself with basic memory of recent seasons or looking this up on google?

Cheers

Dude....I said I thought the last time they were ranked was after the sugar bowl....but it was actually after the bowl win vs miami last year. Not that 25th was that impressive. My point was that its been too long since a Decent ranking. I guess that point was lost on you.

Cheers

I don't think a 25 ranking was that great for a school like nd... so I did not remember the team being ranked at the end of last year. I originally thought they had a decent ranking after the sugar bowl but I wasn't sure how high. Sure i could have googled it, but I thought it would be more interesting to put it on here. Right now I'm just glad keil may have flipped over to nd:-)