Notre Dame and Red China

That's where WE come in. Notre Dame may also playing Slippery Rock in Calcutta; odds of a sellout?

Well, I've been to all of the Shamrock Series games so far and not a single one has been anywhere close to being sold out either. China is a long ways away. If you are going to go that far why not go somewhere cool like Sydney or Christchurch. I mean, how can Notre Dame NOT play in a place named Christchurch for cryin' out loud. ;)

Well, I've been to all of the Shamrock Series games so far and not a single one has been anywhere close to being sold out either. China is a long ways away. If you are going to go that far why not go somewhere cool like Sydney or Christchurch. I mean, how can Notre Dame NOT play in a place named Christchurch for cryin' out loud. ;)

Unfortunately Christchurch CBD and main stadium has been condemned but NZ is one of the more beautiful countries to visit if you ever get a chance.

I live in Shanghai so I would love to have the opportunity to watch ND in China. Beijing at the end of November is not a very appealing proposition though for fans or players alike.

Notre Dame won't accept any goods made in China, but would fly it's football team on a 20+ hour flight to play there where nobody understands the game? (Was at the last game in Ireland and the folks there were more interested in the cheerleader/mascot antics then the slow moving 'football' game)

Unless they are trying to 'convert the heathens' - don't see the point in this game...

Notre Dame won't accept any goods made in China, but would fly it's football team on a 20+ hour flight to play there where nobody understands the game? (Was at the last game in Ireland and the folks there were more interested in the cheerleader/mascot antics then the slow moving 'football' game)

Unless they are trying to 'convert the heathens' - don't see the point in this game...

You know Ireland is hard-up when the people are interested in OUR cheerleaders.

I just don't see it. I mean I understand the Irish playing in Ireland, it's symbolic. I guess maybe we could say it is symbolic with the "red army" signal callers on the sidelines and being in China.

I think it is a lose / lose for us. Very expensive to get all the team and equipment there, recruiting may get some interest at the prospect of travel but that will be minimal IMO, no merchandising and the flight will be tough on the players.

I like the idea of letting the players have some experiences but hopefully a BCS championship game will be our bigger concern by that time.

I found the Navy game in Ireland and now possibly this one to China, as a HUGE advantage for recruiting. "Hey son, come to ND, see the world."

These were my thoughts exactly!

Should be a huge recruit advantage: Playing in NFL stadiums, over seas. I think that would be awesome with huge exposure!