Updated USC Visit List

some calling best set of recruits ever to visit ND in one weekend...

http://irish.nbcsports.com/2011/10/20/irish-brace-for-biggest-recruiting-weekend-ever/related/

OFFICIAL VISITORS

Ishmael Adams, CB: The Oaks Christian CB is getting his first look at Notre Dame.

Arik Armstead, DL/OT: No longer a Trojan commit, Armstead will visit Notre Dame. A huge priority recruit.

Zach Banner, OT: Another national target, the jumbo-sized left tackle prospect has his pick of schools.

Justin Ferguson, WR: Already committed to the Irish, Ferguson will be taking his official visit to Notre Dame.

Deontay Greenberry, WR: The Irish commit is working as another recruiter for the prospects visiting.

Donaldven Manning, CB: The V-Tech commit is being recruited by Tony Alford. (Enough said.)

Keith Marshall, RB: Fresh off a visit from Brian Kelly, he’s one of the highest priority’s on the Irish wish-list.

Byron Marshall, RB: Another explosive back, Byron might be closer to picking ND than Keith.

Ifeadi Odenigbo, OLB: An Ohio product with a Buckeyes offer, Odenigbo is one of Ohio’s top players.

Jordan Payton, WR: The former Trojan commit would add athleticism to WR depth chart.

Brian Poole, CB: The Florida commit will bring mom and dad to South Bend. Elite offer list.

KeiVarae Russell, RB: A dual-threat RB, Russell has his pick of the Pac-12 to go along with an Irish offer.

Tee Shepard, CB: Committed to the Irish, Shepard announced he’ll enroll early at Notre Dame this January.

John Theus, OT: The Georgia commit is among the nation’s top players. Huge chance for the Irish.

Shaq Thompson, WR/DB: Wherever he lines up, Thompson will make an immediate impact.

Bryce Treggs, WR: Committed to Cal, Treggs has the Irish No. 2 on his impressive list of suitors.

Will Redmond, DB: A Mississippi State commitment, Tim Hinton is working hard to get this visit.

Also heard Redmond will not be coming.

I think we lock up Odenigbo (sp?) and Byron Marshall. I wonder if the staff would slow play B. Marshall if it meant holding out for K. Marshall...

I think if we can get those two, plus maybe a third (Armstead?), the weekend would be an amazing success. Obviously, flipping some guys would be great (Treggs, I'm looking at you), but I don't see it happening, and despite the visit, I don't think Thompson has the Irish any where near his top 2.

All that being said, I'd LOVE to get Payton. I think he's a Kenny Stills-type player, and I don't want to see him at Michigan. If he can be that fifth guy at WR, I think ND is set at that position and can target slot guys next year.

Also heard Redmond will not be coming.

I think we lock up Odenigbo (sp?) and Byron Marshall. I wonder if the staff would slow play B. Marshall if it meant holding out for K. Marshall...

I think if we can get those two, plus maybe a third (Armstead?), the weekend would be an amazing success. Obviously, flipping some guys would be great (Treggs, I'm looking at you), but I don't see it happening, and despite the visit, I don't think Thompson has the Irish any where near his top 2.

All that being said, I'd LOVE to get Payton. I think he's a Kenny Stills-type player, and I don't want to see him at Michigan. If he can be that fifth guy at WR, I think ND is set at that position and can target slot guys next year.

Its a good question to bring up - I don't see that happening. Way I view it is, ND has one more spot for a RB, and at least one more "best available" spot. If Byron wanted in, simply shift Keith into the latter category; take all 3 RBs, and let 'em have at it. If for some reason Keith wanted to commit before Byron, that may end our pursuit of Byron, but thats pretty improbable.

It hasn't had much discussion lately, but Byron's style of play has gotten some mention as a potential fit for the slot receiver spot in college as well. Most of that talk was pretty early in his recruitment, but it probably remains in the back of our staff's minds to this day. Worst case scenario, Byron Marshall follows the path of Theo Riddick if we have too many guys to share the football in the backfield. I like Byron lots - really hoping he's drawn to ND enough to ditch the left coast scene.

Stanford is a huge threat for Odenigbo. Considering this will be his first college football game, my guess is he'll want to see more than one school on an OV before he commits, but thats just me.

I'm really not sure how many - if any - kids will pop up Irish THIS weekend. I could see it being a bunch as it manifests into some sort of feeding frenzy, and I could see it being zero, with a bunch of guys going home, thinking things over, and wanting to see more schools.