What happened to the SEC?

I'm watching Florida vs. Auburn right now and they are SLLLOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW and not too physical either. I understand that both teams' QBs are underclassman, but that doesn't excuse the rest of the team.

The only good teams are, of course, Alabama, and LSU, and I think the SEC is getting the supposed 'Notre Dame treatment' in the polls. Auburn should really not be 24th right now.

SEC is not the strongest conference....sure, they have the two best teams, but after LSU (or Bama) there is a HUUUUGGGEEEE drop off.

I think we'd be 3rd in the SEC this year. Arky is good offensively but that's all, they'd be 4th. The rest of the conference isn't good, IMO. Texas A&M would actually be one of the top teams in it this year if the move had already happened.

As for what happened, it's not just the athletes, because Florida, Georgia, etc have the athletes. It's athletes + coaching. I don't think much of Les Miles, so he must have one hell of a good defensive staff.

I think we'd be 3rd in the SEC this year. Arky is good offensively but that's all, they'd be 4th. The rest of the conference isn't good, IMO. Texas A&M would actually be one of the top teams in it this year if the move had already happened.

As for what happened, it's not just the athletes, because Florida, Georgia, etc have the athletes. It's athletes + coaching. I don't think much of Les Miles, so he must have one hell of a good defensive staff.

I think UGA is a pretty solid team and it really depends on which South Carolina shows up. I think ND would certainly be in the conversation right behind LSU and Bama, those guys just seem to be on another plane.

I'm watching Florida vs. Auburn right now and they are SLLLOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW and not too physical either. I understand that both teams' QBs are underclassman, but that doesn't excuse the rest of the team.

Funny, I was watching this game thinking that Hendrix would definitely be starting for Florida if he went that way. And probably even if Brantley was healthy.

I probably watched more college football yesterday than I have in a while. It is becoming increasingly clear to me that the Big-12 is the best conference in the land, and it's not really close. I may be the late arriving Master of the Obvious.

You could make a case for Arkansas in the second tier of the SEC, but the rest of that league is very much overrated.

I probably watched more college football yesterday than I have in a while. It is becoming increasingly clear to me that the Big-12 is the best conference in the land, and it's not really close. I may be the late arriving Master of the Obvious.

You could make a case for Arkansas in the second tier of the SEC, but the rest of that league is very much overrated.

I think you may be correct, this year... The SEC is just reloading, though. Wait until UGA gets a real coach, Mississippi State gets a couple more key recruits, and UF gets back on track. It'll get ugly again with SEC dominance... Oh, and Auburn is only down for a bit, too.

I still believe the SEC is the best confrence...but they arent as good as they have been the past decade...i still dont think we would do very well in the SEC....with an sec schedule id say we would finish jn the 8-4 7-5 range...just being honest but I still think theyre schedule is tougher than ours

That being said I think its a down year for college football overall...i mean look at the top 25