Walkup tickets for the USC game

I am thinking of planning on trying to head down for USC without a ticket in hopes of getting one close to face at the game. I know you can usually find them for most games, will that be the case this time?

It wouldn't be a totally wasted trip if I didn't get something, but I'd like to know my chances ahead of time.

It all depends on how good of a season we are having up until that point. Either way though you can count on $100.00 min per ticket. If we are 6-0 going into that game, tickets are going to sky rocket for sure. So again, I would say count on 100.00 min though. Best of luck!!!

Fwiw, my dad's friend sold a pair of extras to the Bush Push game for $2000. If ND sucks it up to start the year, you can probably get tickets for somewhere between $100 and $200 a piece. On the other extreme, if ND/USC both enter that game undefeated expect to pay thousands of dollars for a ticket. I wish I was joking.

Yea, you can find tickets many places off campus where selling them is legal.

This game in prime time and if both teams are doing well will go for between $150-$300 per (maybe even more).

Trying to get a great deal right before kickoff on campus will be a huge gamble. Good luck!

Yea, you can find tickets many places off campus where selling them is legal.

This game in prime time and if both teams are doing well will go for between $150-$300 per (maybe even more).

Trying to get a great deal right before kickoff on campus will be a huge gamble. Good luck!

Sounds like selling on campus is not ok, but what about buying? Is it a double whammy for both parties if you get caught?

Sounds like selling on campus is not ok, but what about buying? Is it a double whammy for both parties if you get caught?

It is against the "law" to scalp tickets on campus. Is it done? Yea. If someone got caught, they'd probably get ticketed, but not the buyer. I think you'll be fairly safe if you happen to snag a few from some "friends" right before kickoff.

Let's just say, if you happen to find a pair of tickets for USC at face value from a private owner, let me know, it'll be a rare event!

Anyone remember what year it was during the Holtz years when the USC game (home game) wasn't televised for some reason and they sold tickets to watch it on closed circuit TV in the (J)ACC? Went to that and it was almost as good a time as actually going to the stadium. A totally rockin' house for sure.

just go.......you'll get in........i've never gone, looking for a single ticket, and not gotten in...........be prepared to pay 100 and up before kickoff..........

I know I could get in, the question would be what would I have to pay to do so. Too much more than $100 starts to dip into the diaper fund.

If you are just looking for a single, there should be no problem. Cheapest my friends and I have ever gotten was $50, most expensive (scalped) $225 each.

Personally I would be shocked if you find one under $150 (assuming good record, weather, etc.)

If we start 3-0 (the hard part) it is going to get CRAZY, and if we make it to 6-0 and playing USC at home............:flame:

Edited by IRISHTONY

Personally, if we are undefeated going into that game, the tickets will be closer to $300/each and higher. The difference between now and the last time we were worth a crap (many moons ago) is that all employees are offered the chance to buy 2 season tickets. For good games, as the scalping prices climb, so does the number of employees who make their tickets available trying to make some easy money. Think the Nebraska game a decade ago where ND Stadium looked like it was in Lincoln.

In short, I think the days of $2000 tickets are few and far between because of the glut of new scalpers (employees). In 1993, I was offered $1800 per ticket for my two tickets to the ND/FSU game. I declined and have a great memory of hitting the FSU tuba player in the head with the last third of my hot dog after the 10,000th time they played that GD chop...