History Channel: UFO's on the record

Well... I may sound like one of the crazy people on tv but I most definitely had an encounter of some kind many years ago. The big blue light.. An instant loss of about 5 hours of time and don't remember anything.. The best part about it is that my brother was with me and it happened to him too. So at least I had an eyewitness.

same thing happened to me after i ate shrooms.

I wonder how many times the discussion about INTRODUCING microbial life on Mars has taken place as well. Imagine the implications of seeding another world. Whew...

Oh definitely. If that starts taking effect and is successful, the possibility of introducing other life like plants and what not that could be grown on the surface in very sturdy greenhouses. The possibilities abound for what could be tried. The hurdles for getting it done are pretty large. As I see it I think we'd need to establish an outpost or forward base on the moon for various operations as well.

I recently read somewhere about a discovery of an oxygen compound that's plentiful on the moon. Allegedly a shuttle full of this material would be able to provide very cheap and clean power for I believe a year or so for most/all of the world's power needs. That would make for an interesting argument for colonizing the moon for the mining of raw materials etc.

Oh definitely. If that starts taking effect and is successful, the possibility of introducing other life like plants and what not that could be grown on the surface in very sturdy greenhouses. The possibilities abound for what could be tried. The hurdles for getting it done are pretty large. As I see it I think we'd need to establish an outpost or forward base on the moon for various operations as well.

I recently read somewhere about a discovery of an oxygen compound that's plentiful on the moon. Allegedly a shuttle full of this material would be able to provide very cheap and clean power for I believe a year or so for most/all of the world's power needs. That would make for an interesting argument for colonizing the moon for the mining of raw materials etc.

Better kick out the current Obama regime if we want to make these kind of inroads.

I had a female patient that said she saw one as a teenager in....Roswell, NM. She said that something definitely crashed there that wasn't ours. I have family that worked on Project Blue Book and they said it was a weather balloon. I've worked with a guy whose Uncle cleaned up the Roswell crash and said it was the real deal. I've heard it was a Nazi craft stolen by the Russians and dropped there to scare us with mutated teenagers made by Mengele. I've heard a lot about things allegedly seen out in the desert. I really think we have so much stuff made by some of our really smart scientists. I would be shocked if it wasn't a stealth blimp.

I thought they came out and said the Roswell crash wasn't a weather balloon, but a device the US was using to spy on the Soviets nuclear weapons program. something about how the blimp was used to detect sound waves that would have been caused by a nuclear explosion

I thought they came out and said the Roswell crash wasn't a weather balloon, but a device the US was using to spy on the Soviets nuclear weapons program. something about how the blimp was used to detect sound waves that would have been caused by a nuclear explosion

Both have been official explanations at various points over the years I believe. Then they always have to find a way to include the reason for the dummies they put on that blimp/balloon also.

I had a female patient that said she saw one as a teenager in....Roswell, NM. She said that something definitely crashed there that wasn't ours. I have family that worked on Project Blue Book and they said it was a weather balloon. I've worked with a guy whose Uncle cleaned up the Roswell crash and said it was the real deal. I've heard it was a Nazi craft stolen by the Russians and dropped there to scare us with mutated teenagers made by Mengele. I've heard a lot about things allegedly seen out in the desert. I really think we have so much stuff made by some of our really smart scientists. I would be shocked if it wasn't a stealth blimp.

I saw that Russian theory recently as well. I believe it was something conjured up by an investigative reporter who tries to make the case that the vehicle was remote controlled and flown over from Russia......um yeah. The book with that explanation was recently released in the past year I think.

33 posts on one thread in Open? What's going on here? I thought most DDer's were non- believers in anything out of the ordinary...I'd put my 2 cents in here, but I've found people can only handle so much at a time. Maybe in 20 or 30 years...

For those of you who don't know much about the topic and have an interest...

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

Sorry about the ads....

There's a lot more info out there as well.

Spoiler Alert: If you don't want to wade thru this material...here's the short version.

A lot of various strange things happen. No one really knows what's going on although theories are legion. There seems to be an intelligence behind these strange events. And it's almost impossible to document in any scientific manner. Which again, doesn't make any sense. (See the NIDS investigations or read "Hunt for the Skinwalker")

Happy Hunting.

I watched Ancient Aliens on Netflix, which was really good. The most interesting thing about Ancient Aliens, to me, was the fact that there are underwater cities or buried cities that predate Mesopotamia by about 7,000 years. There were advanced civilizations that date back 13,000 years which is way before what we thought. So, how many of our lessons in life have already been learned, but ultimately lost due to these lost civilizations? Furthermore, I think we need to do a whole helluva lot more research into our oceans. Also, coasttocoastam on AM radio late nights is pretty cool. Most of the stuff just keeps the creative juices flowing more than taking it as any kind of truth. You have to sort through a whole lot of BS to find anything truthful, but it's fun stuff if you keep an open mind and take it for what it is.

Doesn't it bother you that out of the ten or so "experts" interviewed in Ancient Aliens, only one is an actual scientist? All of the others are well known pseudoscientists. The one scientist interviewed, while believing that Yonaguni is man-made, doesn't think it is older than Mesopotamia.

Doesn't it bother you that out of the ten or so "experts" interviewed in Ancient Aliens, only one is an actual scientist? All of the others are well known pseudoscientists. The one scientist interviewed, while believing that Yonaguni is man-made, doesn't think it is older than Mesopotamia.

It doesn't bother me much. Scientists, much like airline pilots, have a real and genuine fear of being blackballed,fired, and discredited for suggesting anything outside the norm of their peers or employers. I'd wager that there are many scientists who think this sort of stuff is very feasible, but choose not to openly express their views because of negative backlash from academia.

Of course we also have to look at what we have for actual evidence to study. Grainy photographs, eye witness accounts, and radar data. Not exactly what you'd call a smoking gun investigation as far as the scientific method. The objects from Roswell, Kecksberg, or any other alleged UFO crash aren't available for study in a public setting by any scientist since the military or a government has possession of the material. About the only way science and humanity as a whole will ever be able to know for sure is if a large craft landed in the middle of a major metropolitan area in broad daylight and an ET walked out and said hello, or something similar.

Until then we'll have to deal with alleged cover-ups, conspiracy theories, incredulous witnesses, etc etc.

I heard some crazy stories when I was a cop from the other guys I worked with. One guy watched a red glowing orb in the sky and tried to follow it until it dipped out behind a tree line. Said it didnt make a sound and he had it in eye sight for at least 45 minutes. Never made an official report. We had a much publicized incident in Liberty Ohio take place a few years ago where a cop followed the mysterious red lit triangle in the sky and was actually radioing what he saw back to his station the whole time. I will post the radio traffic if I can find it. I too also know a guy who worked on "Have Blue" at the Groom Lake location and said what we see today we had 30 years ago. He also said "it would freak you out if you knew what we had in the works"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlYFop3KWiws[/ame]

Edited by BG Tom1
It doesn't bother me much. Scientists, much like airline pilots, have a real and genuine fear of being blackballed,fired, and discredited for suggesting anything outside the norm of their peers or employers. I'd wager that there are many scientists who think this sort of stuff is very feasible, but choose not to openly express their views because of negative backlash from academia.

With the video that I brought up, and many others that I have seen, the narrator claims that "scientists say this" and "archaeologists say that", but in reality, these scientists and archaeologists are nonexistent. What they have in their place are amateur scientists and archaeologists that don't have any formal training in these areas and certainly don't have any business making "expert" claims. It is my opinion that most of these "experts" became "experts" to make money by making fantastic claims, which people want to believe because they're fantastic. After all, how awesome would it be if Atlantis was real? What would be even greater is if Atlantis was real and founded by aliens!

I'm most familiar with Ivan van Sertima and Erich von Daniken who are among the most famous of these pseudoscientists, especially von Daniken, and they consistently twist evidence, ignore evidence, or flat out make stuff up.

Edit: My beef isn't with people claiming to see UFOs, it is with people like van Sertima and von Daniken that make outlandish claims about Atlantis, ancient Egypt, the Olmec, etc.

Edited by SDIrishman

Your point is well made. UFOs and the paranormal are beyond the cottage industry stage. Real people are making real money on stories that are real fiction. Only in America...

That combined with the ability of moderately talented techno geeks to create realistic pictures and video of "unusual" events makes it even more difficult to sort through any potential evidence. We need as Jesse said, a "day the earth stood still" event at this point.

I do know that the DoD is concerned about UFO events and monitors them accordingly. But not necessarily because they believe in ETs visiting earth. Although to my perception they act as if they do believe in them.

Edited by PursuitAce
With the video that I brought up, and many others that I have seen, the narrator claims that "scientists say this" and "archaeologists say that", but in reality, these scientists and archaeologists are nonexistent. What they have in their place are amateur scientists and archaeologists that don't have any formal training in these areas and certainly don't have any business making "expert" claims. It is my opinion that most of these "experts" became "experts" to make money by making fantastic claims, which people want to believe because they're fantastic. After all, how awesome would it be if Atlantis was real? What would be even greater is if Atlantis was real and founded by aliens!

I'm most familiar with Ivan van Sertima and Erich von Daniken who are among the most famous of these pseudoscientists, especially von Daniken, and they consistently twist evidence, ignore evidence, or flat out make stuff up.

Edit: My beef isn't with people claiming to see UFOs, it is with people like van Sertima and von Daniken that make outlandish claims about Atlantis, ancient Egypt, the Olmec, etc.

I understand your thoughts completely and I agree. That's what I liked about this program and brought it to everyone's attention. I thought overall it was well done without all the made up BS that you see in many other programs, which I admit are fantastic claims but entertaining to think about lol. UFO's on Record, pretty much just laid out what happened and how things evolved with the investigations or lack thereof.

The prominent female reporter in this program, Leslie Keane, has a book out UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials. From the many book reviews I've seen on the book and checking into publishing history, she appears pretty credible. Her goal isn't to champion any of the fantastic UFO's theories out there, but rather to gather reliable information from all sorts of sources who've been involved in the cases of documented but unsolved UFO phenomena. I hoping to order this book sometime in the future to take a look at, and believe me I don't usually mess around and go buy UFO books. This program and the overall approach she and others had with it is making me reconsider picking up a copy.

Guest albielc

Back in the mid 50's there was a "UFO" that crashed in a small town called Kecksburg PA. I live about a stones throw away, and I worked with a guy who was there, saw it, and was interviewed on a story that was broadcast on TV. I can tell you this, they called the Army in minutes, and something was taken out of the woods on a semi, and hustled out of the area. I know the man who saw it and I can tell you he was no kook. For what it's worth.