"I was making LBs committed to Miami, committed to Alabama look silly." :grin:

That was classic !! Kid has a ton of energy ! He was talking highly of ND, he is a smart kid. I just figured out these Podcasts and they are cool.

Side note, alot of these Podcast's want you to subscribe, and I would like too, but I can't figure it out.. Help? I have a Iphone btw

I see an article on Scout says he has a trio of favorites.

Anybody have any insight there?

According to that article as well as his PH interview, it's us, Cal, and UW. But he also says he could add a couple schools such as BSU and Stanford.

81, when you are in iTunes, go to the iTunes Store. You can use the search bar on the top right to find lots of ND Football podcasts including:

- Irish Sports Daily Power Hour (NOT "Notre Dame Power Hour"...that's outdated)

- Irish Illustrated Insider

- Subway Domer

- Notre Dame Official Athletics Podcasts

- Off the Marks

- Dome and Domer

Might not waste your time with the last two. I'm open to hearing other people's recommendations for good ND podcasts. Hope that helps.

Was just offered by U$C, and has now re-opened his final 3. From ESPN...

Just a few days ago, running back KeiVarae Russell (Everett, Wash./Mariner) thought the recruiting process was pretty set for him after naming his top, and more than likely, final three of Cal, Notre Dame and Washington. After receiving an offer from his childhood favorite Wednesday, all bets are off.

"USC just offered me," an excited Russell said. "This is a huge offer and USC is one of those schools that I've always had a high interest in. I wear No. 5 because of Reggie Bush and I loved those USC teams a few years ago that were the best in college football. I was a big fan actually and it's a dream to get an offer from them.

"If I chose USC, they would be getting off probation right when I got there and they're definitely high on my list. SC just has that swagger to them and their style of play really fits my play and running style. I'm the type of back they usually love to have and that private school education would be cool to have as well."

Russell said he has yet to visit the SC campus but will definitely do so during the season.

"I won't have time to do an unofficial visit this summer but I'm going to set up an official visit for sure," Russell said. "I've completely opened up my recruitment and along with Cal, Notre Dame, Washington and USC, I'm putting Boise State in my top five as well. I'm going to officially visit all five of those schools in the fall and then I'll make my decision close to signing day."

According to that article as well as his PH interview, it's us, Cal, and UW. But he also says he could add a couple schools such as BSU and Stanford.

81, when you are in iTunes, go to the iTunes Store. You can use the search bar on the top right to find lots of ND Football podcasts including:

- Irish Sports Daily Power Hour (NOT "Notre Dame Power Hour"...that's outdated)

- Irish Illustrated Insider

- Subway Domer

- Notre Dame Official Athletics Podcasts

- Off the Marks

- Dome and Domer

Might not waste your time with the last two. I'm open to hearing other people's recommendations for good ND podcasts. Hope that helps.

Thanks smaster ! Is there a way to subscribe without plugging into my mac? If not I will have to just plug in, but I am such a rookie, every time I plug in it wants to update a bunch of crap and it want's to add my wife's contacts apps etc..

"If I chose USC, they would be getting off probation right when I got there and they're definitely high on my list. SC just has that swagger to them and their style of play really fits my play and running style. I'm the type of back they usually love to have and that private school education would be cool to have as well."

These kids hear what they want to hear, and you know what? They get what they deserve. Sure, go ahead, listen to Kiffin that they're getting off probation when you get on campus. Ignore the fact that their scholarships are going to be capped for your freshman and sophomore year. Go ahead, hear what you want to hear, and listen to a guy who would say literally ANYTHING to get you on campus until he decided he liked someone else more than you. Remember, Alshon Jeffery will be pumping gas the rest of his life because he didn't follow the Pied Piper to Tennessee. Smart.

Its nothing against Russell personally, but some of these kids fall for garbage hook line and sinker.

These kids hear what they want to hear, and you know what? They get what they deserve. Sure, go ahead, listen to Kiffin that they're getting off probation when you get on campus. Ignore the fact that their scholarships are going to be capped for your freshman and sophomore year. Go ahead, hear what you want to hear, and listen to a guy who would say literally ANYTHING to get you on campus until he decided he liked someone else more than you. Remember, Alshon Jeffery will be pumping gas the rest of his life because he didn't follow the Pied Piper to Tennessee. Smart.

Its nothing against Russell personally, but some of these kids fall for garbage hook line and sinker.

That means USC will not be the USC of his dreams while he plays there: guaranteed. At best, they will be competing for third in the Pac Ten. Write it down, date it, put my name on it, forge my signature, lick the envelope, and send it postage due.

Edited by 2lakes

Russel is a good back and i would take him 5th overall for our system in this class behind...byron marshall, keith marshall, mathers, sanders jr....so im not gonna dis the kid...if he wants to go to UsC thats fine but he needs to see that we are on the rise and for the past couple years USC has been on a downward spiral...tough desicion between the west coast and us once again should be fun to watch

That means USC will not be the USC of his dreams while he plays there: guaranteed. At best, they will be competing for third in the Pac Ten. Write it down, date it, put my name on it, forge my signature, lick the envelope, and send it postage due.

The biggest problem that team had last year wasn't their 40 times or the collective weight of their offensive line; it was that they looked dead out there. A step down in head coaching ability + 10 less scholarships a year = your forecast to a "t". If Barkley makes good on his top 10 overall recruit billing, then maybe they take 3rd, but I think Kiffin is just as much a clown as Dick Rod proved to be in Ann Arbor.

• 3 months later...

I couldn't agree more.