Inside info on Jarron Jones

I spoke to a VERY good source from my old highschool (Jarrons school now, Aquinas) and it sounds like Jones is "99% sold on ND, unless something absolutely blows him away on a future visit".....

Obv we all know anything can happen in recruiting, but I'm feeling REAL GOOD about this one after the conversation I had.

Good stuff. What's he waiting on, more visits? I thought I've heard a few times he'd like to get his decision out of the way before his senior season, but will do it when the time feels right. Soooo, when's his next visit to ND?

I'd be surprised if he made another commitment soon, seeing that he's already decommitted once. And yes I think he will be making a few official visits, including ND, but like I said, they would have to blow him awayyy to take a lead on ND.

i think most of us realize we are in very good shape with Jarron---he had a terrific visit---was effusive about ND--Decommitted from PSU---i for one am expecting J Jones to be irish sooner rather then later--this info seems consistent with what has been happening in his recruitment.

should be a great fit at ND

aloha's

i think most of us realize we are in very good shape with Jarron---he had a terrific visit---was effusive about ND--Decommitted from PSU---i for one am expecting J Jones to be irish sooner rather then later--this info seems consistent with what has been happening in his recruitment.

should be a great fit at ND

aloha's

Ya sorry if I was being redundant with this news, I was just pumped to hear how much he is feeling ND, from his family and coach...

Sorry ND NY9---i didn't mean to imply redundancy---simply confirmation of more good news on what could end up our KEY front seven defensive recruit. Jarron is a terrific player who responded with some real emotion on his visit. I hope we continue to get positive updates all the way up to his eventual commit--(fingers crossed)!

aloha's go irish!

I do like and appreciate the news ND NY 9, and I sure do like the fact that he already sports an Irish jersey on gamedays.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5254837

Haha as do I Irish Chris. My friends alwaysss assumed I went to high school there just because we were named the Irish, like ND. At least I got tomsay I played soccer for "The Irish" !

Id betcha he's waiting to be sure. Some kids take pleasure in bouncing between schools - I'm not sure this kid is one of them. Seems like the quiet type, so there's no harm in giving yourself more time to avoid making a pledge that you later back out of, soft, 100%, or whatever else there is.

Think he's got a lot to learn about technique, but if the lightbulb goes off, he'll end up being really good. Hope this one comes to fruition.

Id betcha he's waiting to be sure. Some kids take pleasure in bouncing between schools - I'm not sure this kid is one of them. Seems like the quiet type, so there's no harm in giving yourself more time to avoid making a pledge that you later back out of, soft, 100%, or whatever else there is.

Think he's got a lot to learn about technique, but if the lightbulb goes off, he'll end up being really good. Hope this one comes to fruition.

I agree with all of this. I'll add that if I was him and I recently decommitted, I'd want to see what my schools of interest are going to do on the field. If he's leaning ND right now and we perfrom well defensively and as a total unit, it will seal his decision.

Guest mookied
Having Jones on the line along with Lynch and Tuitt would be scary...

Do not forget the BEAST in the middle....Mr. NIX! Although they may both play NT....JJ is either a NT or DE correct?

Edited by mookied
He got the Mahone style article from ISD - http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/5146-jarron-jones-from-big-baby-to-young-man-part-i

Lots of good quotes and it sure sounds like he may be Irish.

wow, those 4 articles are great. it sure sounds like his parents want him to be IRISH (even though they said it was his decision) I like the way he and his parents going going about finding his future school.