The Irish are getting HOT!

We here in South Bend are going on a 9 day heat wave of temps getting up to 90 or above.

When was the last time this has happened here?

1988!

The summer before we won the National Championship! Now I am not predicting anything,,, But,,,,, ;) ;) :grin:

In Oklahoma they used to like hot summers because it meant warm temps when practice commenced in August. It was thought it made the team tougher and built stamina. I tend to believe that -- to a point. It has been over 100 degrees here for over 30 days and there is no end in sight. I think it is usually about 104. I have never seen anything like this and I think it is too hot too practice. Forecasts have this going on into August.

As for Notre Dame, I think 90 degrees is AWESOME. I think that could only help get them ready. I just hope this heat dome doesn't settle over Chicago and kill a bunch of people. I was just reading the Daily Oklahoman and there have been a number of heat related deaths. September can not get here soon enough.

Honestly, is 90 supposed to be hot? They talk about it here in Pittsburgh like it's 110 degrees and your grandma's gonna die... Silly Yankees. haha.

well, 90 in the Midwest is like 110-115 in the west and other places. Humidity is a real biotch.

How does the following picture make you feel? Take a look at it and see if you pick it up...it's the first thing I noticed.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Army+v+Notre+Dame+x7EhSkuSEN1l.jpg

Short sleeves or Gatorade...? Nevermind the huge Touchdown sign.

As far as humidity, I remember practicing in Memphis in 130 degree heat index because of the temperature and humidity. Not fun...

How does the following picture make you feel? Take a look at it and see if you pick it up...it's the first thing I noticed.

Is it the football randomly floating through the air with no one paying any attention to it?

What? (Almost) all the ND guys have knee high socks and the other team doesn't?

We here in South Bend are going on a 9 day heat wave of temps getting up to 90 or above.

When was the last time this has happened here?

1988!

The summer before we won the National Championship! Now I am not predicting anything,,, But,,,,, ;) ;) :grin:

That would have been 1987 summer correct? If in fact it was the 1988 summer it would have been after we Won the NC.

That would have been 1987 summer correct? If in fact it was the 1988 summer it would have been after we Won the NC.

Oops! Had to think about that one real quick. Blown my theory all to hell! lol

Well, we did pretty good in '89. ;)

No, I think speedster is right. In '88 we had a severe drought, and I heard on the radio that the 102 temp at the Indianapolis Int Airport today was the hottest since August of '88