Darby visiting auburn this weekend

Almost 64. When I was a teenager, the only recruiting news we got was when we found out who had come to South Bend. In my 20's I read a short blurb about some kid named Montana coming to South Bend.

It was a simpler time when we believed the coaches knew what their job was and a recruiting expert didn't exist. Looking back I was surprised to see we had great years and really bad years even without the fans knowing a damn thing about those freshmen (who would stay four years unless another world war broke out.)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank God for some actual football talk in this thread.

FWIW, I'm 23, although I was asked the other day and couldn't remember, which is clearly the sign that the best days are behind me.

Haha, I have a similar story. I was talking to a friend a few years back and was telling her that I couldn't believe that I was 22 already. She replied, "Greg, you're 23." One year of my life gone in 5 seconds!! I'm 26 now.

Just read article on Darby explaining he just took a very short visit to Clemson and stating he is SOLID TO NOTRE DAME. He plans on visiting Notre Dame for the third game of the season.

Great to hear! Hopefully now I won't have to be the 41-year old freaking out about the whims of this 17-year old.

Recruiting these days have become it's own industry/entity. It's something that I find fun to keep track of but it's one of the last things on my mind just behind "does the Harley need it's oil changed" and "does the hot tub need chlorine". lol

btw, young, alive and 45 here.

I barely remember my 40's.....

:spider:

When I was a teenager, the only recruiting news we got was when we found out who had come to South Bend.

When I was a teenager in NYC, every Saturday the radio crackled out the Irish. Hardly anyone had TVs in those days and Johnny Lujack was my hero until Paul Hornung came along.

It was a simpler time when we believed the coaches knew what their job was and a recruiting expert didn't exist. Looking back I was surprised to see we had great years and really bad years even without the fans knowing a damn thing about those freshmen (who would stay four years unless another world war broke out.

Ain't that the truth. ;)

Still no teenagers ha

when i was in high school my friends followed ohio state recruiting and i followed notre dame.. i think you would find more young people on like the scout and rivals boards

also i know a lot of youngans who follow mgoblog

Not sure if this was posted, apologies if it has...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/6795119/ronald-darby-figures-cb-nd

Darby states he is solid, further down there's a snippet on Shepard and Greenberry and championship hopes for ND.

I don't see Greenberry on any of the rosters, why does he say in that article that he is going to win offensive MVP?

PS...this is from 247. I like the competition between commits.

Just talked to Notre Dame safety commit C.J. Prosise to get some additional items on him for a feature in our August edition and he said that he's gearing up for the Gridiron Kings 7On tourney in Orlando.

He noted that fellow Irish commits making the trip are CB Tee Shepard, WR Deontay Greenberry and CB Ronald Darby.

Shepard and Greenberry confirmed that they'll be there for the event.

"I'm there," Greenberry said. "I'm trying to win Offensive MVP again (like 'The Opening' in Oregon."

Shepard's comment (who took home the Defensive MVP at the same event as his cousin):

"I already have it."

Prosise's response to Shepard already claiming MVP...

"No, I've got that locked down."