Tommy Schutt DT IL (OSU verbal)

Tommy Schutt will apparently be visiting this weekend---still looking for confirmation on this visit but i think its this weekend.

Good player--has been here before--illinois kid---the more players like this we get to visit the better our chances.

aloha's

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has he visited ND yet this year? I seem to recall him at one of the junior days but I'm not positive. I'd like over Day just because I think he has a higher ceiling.

I believe he went to Ohio State instead. I'm not sure if he's visited yet.

Has he visited ND yet this year? I seem to recall him at one of the junior days but I'm not positive. I'd like over Day just because I think he has a higher ceiling.

he visited for the BG game but only for a couple of hours because something came up and he had to leave

The kid is a great talent and would love him to be Irish but that said that picture of him on the ND scout site is disgusting as he's got bigger breasts then most well endowed women.

If he's going to reach his upside he can't be that fat.

Edited by Ricochet

Thats a funny comment ricochet---i think thats the first " BIG BREASTED" evaluation i've heard----maybe if Schutt heard that it would get him working out harder---:-)

And DJONES--hey yes Sheldon day--whats not to like---MVP at oregon event--just a beast without sagging "breasts"--;)

And i agree Sheldon and J jones would be my first picks--but i still would not walk away from SCHUTT.

aloha's go irish!

Say that we are lucky enough to get a commitment from one of those three (J Jones, T Schutt, S Day). Do we then say "thanks but no thanks" to the other two? I'm guessing those two would lose interest anyway, but I can't see turning away another top ten DT.

Whatever the case, I'm glad to see a renewed interest on Schutt's part. It was a huge bummer to see things wane with him some time ago.

Say that we are lucky enough to get a commitment from one of those three (J Jones, T Schutt, S Day). Do we then say "thanks but no thanks" to the other two? I'm guessing those two would lose interest anyway, but I can't see turning away another top ten DT.

Whatever the case, I'm glad to see a renewed interest on Schutt's part. It was a huge bummer to see things wane with him some time ago.

jones and day are being recruited as de's and i believe the staff would take both. schutt is more of a dt for the irish and i still think that he has the irish at the bottom of his top three/four.

The kid is a great talent \and would love him to be Irish but that said that picture of him on the ND scout site is disgusting as he's got bigger breast then most well endowed women.

If he's going to reach his upside he can't be that fat.

I think I'm going to have to add "Yeah, but how's his rack?" every lineman's scouting report from here on out :-P

Thats a funny comment ricochet---i think thats the first " BIG BREASTED" evaluation i've heard----maybe if Schutt heard that it would get him working out harder---:-)

And DJONES--hey yes Sheldon day--whats not to like---MVP at oregon event--just a beast without sagging "breasts"--;)

And i agree Sheldon and J jones would be my first picks--but i still would not walk away from SCHUTT.

aloha's go irish!

IMO Sheldon is an ideal NT recruit, he perfect for the 3-4. Jones and

Schutt are ideally 4-3 DT but in the 3-4 Schutt is a part of a NT rotation and Jones is SDE. Jones is a freak, he will need time but athletically he's uber special for a kid of his size. He could be valuable as a NT but IMO his physical gifts would be better used on the edge in a rotation of Tuiit and Kona.

I met him at a camp a month or so ago and he is pretty impressive as a kid, but he also has really nice size. He is / was at about 305 and probably about 6'2" (though listed at 6'3"). He's a kid with a lot of mass and he's been that way the whole time. I think he was at 270 as a freshman.

It was hard to tell how cut up he was, since he was wearing a big OSU football t-shirt and big, baggy gym shorts, but I really like him as a player. He has great feet and is really quick off the ball. Plays a lot on the outside as a DE and has no trouble running plays down. He also plays FB on short yardage and explodes off the ball.

I'm looking forward to his visit, but he is probably best suited for a 4-3 DT. He was really into tOSU, but now maybe we have an opportunity that the House of Tressel fell.

• 3 weeks later...