This is a player that is " ONE TO WATCH"

Raw--well he might as well be the DEFINITION of the word raw---I can't recall a player recruited to notre dame with only 1 year--yes one single year of football under his belt!

Upside--along with the RAW comes one of the BIGGEST UPSIDES OF ANY 2011 RECRUIT---Physically , according to the staff last year-- Tuitt and Farley may be the most ready physically for division 1

This SOCCER PLAYER TURNED FOOTBALL PLAYER---comes with some great tools---SIZE & SPEED---Matthias runs a 4 .5 but more importantly this soccer player can RUN ALL DAY!--at near 6 feet 200 pounds when he walks on campus--FARLEY PASSES THE EYEBALL TEST AS AN IMPRESSIVE LOOKING ATHLETE.

Along with the size, speed , and athleticism that Matthias has , HE ALSO BRINGS A COUPLE OF HUGE SURPRISES FOR A RAW TALENT OF A SINGLE YEAR----HE LIKES CONTACT!--AND HE SHOWS TRUE BALL SKILLS WITH AN APTITUDE TO MAKE PLAYS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL!

Mr Farley committed to us early with a small offer list---but if you look at the short list you see some good stuff----ND /WISCONSIN/NORTH CAROLINA.

That was in april--you can wager if he had stayed on the market that list would have looked real spiffy 6 months later--- also with the recruiting butch davis has done at N Carlolina , you have to like the attention Matthias got from both NC schools--as well as top ten, top 15 wisconsin.

This kid could easily get a look at WR---but best bet given his size--his speed--his embrace of contact -- and our needs.....is SAFETY!

SAFETY would be a great place to groom this youngster INTO A STAR even though he could do VERY WELL AT CB/WR/S---

Although a redshirt seems almost AUTOMATIC given matthias's inexperience--- WITH OUR THINNESS IN THE SECONDARY---the coaches will undoubtedly take a long look at all 4 INCOMING FROSH during fall camp and will keep their options open well into game 6 or 7.

In a class LOADED with talent--this inexperienced recruit has plenty of skills in his own right.---

I'll be watching him

aloha's go irish!

I would think soccer players would have good hips...changing direction is a big part of the game. The kid has a lot of good things going for him including very little time to develop bad habits (hey, I'm looking on the Hawaii side here). Now it's up to BK and crew to turn him into the monster hit-machine we all know he has within him.

I agree that safety will probably be his future position but I would not be surprised to see him in put at running back. He will most likely redshirt this year anyway but with how depleted we are at that position it may not hurt to put him there for one year for added depth. Unless they feel really high on Cam or Cameron is back healthy. Who knows what they are going to do but either way I really like this athlete and I am sure he'll be able to play multiple positions.

I have seen him play in person and talked to him. He is in the Shane Walton mold (similar soccer background) only bigger. The kid is an incredible athlete with very fluid hips but raw. He will definitely redshirt to work on technique but don't be surprised if this kid is an all-american candidate by his 3rd year. he is being told he will most likely start off as a Safety.

I was really high on this kid when we signed him and he made statements like he wanted to destroy and dominate. I prefer him at corner because that is our biggest need in 2012. I like safeties to be a bit taller. And yeah, he now has two seasons under his belt and he has been doing some training under a former nfl player (if memory serves me correctly). This kid is ina GREAT position to see the field in 2011 and start ahead of Lo Wood in 2012....just my take.