Sheldon Day Commits! **edited to reflect his pledge**

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd imagine he's a potential NG given his height. There are no brainer offers like Goldman or Nix every year, but otherwise it looks like they're still sticking with the philosophy of gettin' 'em lanky and building them from the ground up it seems, even at NG.

I'd imagine he's a potential NG given his height. There are no brainer offers like Goldman or Nix every year, but otherwise it looks like they're still sticking with the philosophy of gettin' 'em lanky and building them from the ground up it seems, even at NG.

I never thought I'd see the day when a 6'2", 265 pound HS junior would be called "lanky."

The times they are a changin'.

• 4 months later...

6'2", 286 lb, 3rd best in Indiana, 22nd best DT in the country, 4* on Rivals. ESPN also has him as a 4*, but 14th at DT, and 144nd overall. They also have him listed at 275 lbs. Scout has him as a 5*, 7th at DT, and 45th in the country (just ahead of Shepherd). Take that, IU. Not to mention Penn State, Michigan, Florida, and LSU.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Welcome, Shepherd. Great to have you. And good job, Mike Elston.

Edited by 2lakes
Guest blacksox

Sheldon is a great palyer. But I must say I don't understand why everyone is so hard on Da Coach. He comes here with inside information and if what he says doesn't happen the next day everyone turns on him.

As a stand-alone player, I like Day quite a bit and it's obvious the scouting sites do too. But my question is how he fits into *this* team.

He doesn't seem bigger than Tyler Stockton or Brandon Newman and isn't size a big reason why those two haven't played in this system? Isn't 6-0 or 6-1 a bit sawed off for this defense? Nix standing 6-3 is perfect for the NT position.

As a stand-alone player, I like Day quite a bit and it's obvious the scouting sites do too. But my question is how he fits into *this* team.

He doesn't seem bigger than Tyler Stockton or Brandon Newman and isn't size a big reason why those two haven't played in this system? Isn't 6-0 or 6-1 a bit sawed off for this defense? Nix standing 6-3 is perfect for the NT position.

days listed as 6'2"; same as louis nix.

however, day is much more athletic and explosive. this is a huge get IMO.

Yeh, I hear you. He is only the same size as Chris Zorich. Like Zorich, he wasn't highly recruited outside the area. Those local kids. The grass is always greener on the other side. I'm going to Hollywood!!!!!