True Colors. Republicans Hate 9/11 First Responders

scintrigue

When was it declared conservative? Do you associate Catholic and conservative like there is some correlation. Because I could say the opposite according to real data. Catholics voted for Obama 53-46% St. Joesph country overwhelming voted for Obama. This may be a conservative board, and most on here never went to Notre Dame, not saying that is bad but do not make generalization when you have nothing to back it up. And sorry to burst your fantasy but Notre Dame is not just graduating catholic, conservtive white boys anymore. There are muslims, liberals, gays and lesbians, hindus, baptists, and prolly even some atheists.

I went to ND, always felt like the majority of my class was right leaning.

St Joes County has nothing to do with ND.

I don't have any fantasy bubble whatsoever, considering I went to Notre Dame. ND graduates all groups, sure, but if you take a look around, its mostly white, conservative boys and girls. Also, since when does being Muslim, Hindu, Baptist, Atheist, Lesbian or Gay preclude you from voting for the GOP? I love how you tell me to not make generalizations with nothing to them up.

I went to ND, always felt like the majority of my class was right leaning.

St Joes County has nothing to do with ND.

I don't have any fantasy bubble whatsoever, considering I went to Notre Dame. ND graduates all groups, sure, but if you take a look around, its mostly white, conservative boys and girls. Also, since when does being Muslim, Hindu, Baptist, Atheist, Lesbian or Gay preclude you from voting for the GOP? I love how you tell me to not make generalizations with nothing to them up.

I did not intend to mean that in your way at all. I was just saying not only white Catholics graduate from there. And how does St. Joesph country have nothing to do with Notre Dame? When it is in the county. Look, Catholics most of the time always have voted for majority Democrat in elections.

Hey, I just put the actual facts of the bill out there... the fact that you immediately ran to their victim-hood and rhetoric, and not the reality of their costs and the prevalence rates of actual diseases is interesting.

Second and most importantly: ALL of these first responders were members of NYC departments, with POWERFUL unions who got health care in their CBA's. Why are we nationalizing this? Why does this not already fall under their existing coverage? NYPD, NYFD, and the PA? http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/community/ems_salary_benefits_042607.shtml

That's the dirty little secret in my opinion... this is just a slush fund... or a bail out of a union healthcare plan... how ever you want to phrase it...

I said nothing of the defense budget... clearly, it should be cut, as should all programs... EVERY SINGLE ONE, should have a 5-10% budget cut. If people in the real world are suffering through a tough economy, so should the government... it's a sad truth that the government never shrinks...

You can have good insurance, but it doesnt cover everything and it runs out. If you have cancer, most plans will still make you pay huge deductibles for specialized services and they will eventually stop covering you after a certain amount (union or not).

This is from some Right wing looney website "campus reform". Trying to coax conservative parents not to send their kids to left-leaning schools. Apparently Notre Dame made the list.

The University of Notre Dame is located in South Bend, Indiana, just 90 miles east of Chicago. Notre Dame was founded in 1842 as an independent, national Catholic research university. Today, Notre Dame has expanded to more than 11,600 students of which approximately 8,300 are undergraduates.

Campus Life Of the 23 political campus groups, 16 are liberal and seven are conservative.

The liberal campus groups are the American Civil Liberties Union; Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty; College Democrats; Diversity Council; Environmental Law Society; GreeND; MEChA de ND (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan de Notre Dame); Net Impact Undergraduate Club, which focuses on sustainability; Progressive Student Alliance; Proponents of Animal Welfare Service; NAACP chapter of Notre Dame; Social Justice in American Medicine; Social Justice Legal Forum; Students for Environmental Action; Students for New Urbanism; and Feminist Voice.

The conservative campus groups are the College Libertarians; College Republicans; Federalist Society; Jus Vitae, which is the law school’s students for life chapter; Right to Life, which is the undergraduate students for life chapter; Young Americans for Liberty; and The Irish Rover, the only conservative student newspaper at Notre Dame. The italicized groups are affiliated with CampusReform.org's Campus Leadership Program, which provides students with advice, assistance, and support.

Faculty According to campaign finance data from The Huffington Post, 82% of Notre Dame faculty and staff who contributed to presidential campaigns in 2008 donated to Democratic candidates. In all, 71 people donated more than $47,000 to Democrats -- and just 16 gave money to Republicans. According to campaign finance data from OpenSecrets.org, 44% of the donations made by contributing members of Notre Dame's Board of Trustees in the 2008 presidential election went to Democratic candidates.

University Policy In May 2009, Notre Dame invited President Barack Obama to receive an honorary doctorate and deliver the graduation address. Critics, including many from the Catholic community, opposed Notre Dame's decision as a pro-life, Catholic university to welcome a president who adamantly supports abortion.

FIRE, a prominent legal defense organization, gave Notre Dame a "red light" rating in its 2010 report. This rating indicates that Notre Dame has "at least one policy that both clearly and substantially restricts freedom of speech."

In particular, FIRE highlighted policies that punish students for damage to the "psychological well-being of others" and "posting, viewing, printing or sending material that is contrary to the mission or values of the University" using university computers or other technology.

Although these policies may sound straight-forward, conservatives should beware. College administrators consistently use ambiguous policies to silence conservatives on campus -- and have argued that conservative views are "degrading" or "disrespectful" or "intolerant."

Last fall, members of the Gender Relations Center and the Core Council for Gay and Lesbian Students started a petition "to have 'sexual orientation' added to the University of Notre Dame’s non-discrimination clause –- it’s currently not listed alongside 'race/ethnicity, color, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status or age.'"

According to a recent Observer article, a number of organizations at Notre Dame have petitioned to include “sexual orientation” for several years, but the University has refused to amend the non-discrimination clause stating, "after careful analysis from both the legal and theological perspectives, it was determined that adding the clause may not allow us to distinguish between sexual orientation and behavior, which is a distinction that we must maintain as a Catholic university."

In January 2010, Notre Dame’s Student Government passed its own resolution that called for "sexual orientation" to be added to the non-discrimination clause, arguing that "as the only top-20 university without 'sexual orientation' included in the clause, 'this is just going to hold us back.'"

http://nd.campusreform.org/group/blog/20-university-of-notre-dame

Back to topic...

ISSUE:

Why is the government responsible for providing money/compensation to the 9/11 victims, their families or first responders? This was a vicious terrorist attack on innocent civilians that no one saw coming. Is it gross negligence, unsafe practices, or any other type of reason that civil lawsuits put forth? I would argue against that considering not one person in the entire US foresaw this attack. Not to mention that protection measures have to be taken within reason. A terrorist attack can happen anytime/anywhere (even post 9/11). I can hijack a bus right now and drive it into the nearest crowded building. Government responsibility for negligence? Lock down the bus driver seat from the passenger cabin? So it leads to the most logical answer that this is a PR or charity measure. Is the government authorized to do this? Should they do this? Check out this article on Davy Crocket and make your own conclusions:

http://www.constitution.org/cons/crockett.htm

"I have as much respect for the memory of the deceased, and as much sympathy for the sufferings of the living, if suffering there be, as any man in this House, but we must not permit our respect for the dead or our sympathy for a part of the living to lead us into an act of injustice to the balance of the living. I will not go into an argument to prove that Congress has no power to appropriate this money as an act of charity."

SOLUTION

A citizen leads a private charity drive for the 9/11 victims, families, and first responders. Given the sympathy across the country for this attack I guarantee people would donate millions to the cause. It would also allow choice to donate rather than imposing this charity requirement on all without their consent and authorization under the constitution.

SOLUTION

A citizen leads a private charity drive for the 9/11 victims, families, and first responders. Given the sympathy across the country for this attack I guarantee people would donate millions to the cause. It would also allow choice to donate rather than imposing this charity requirement on all without their consent and authorization under the constitution.

I really, really like this idea. We were able to raise a ton of money for the Haiti victims, I'd hope most Americans would open their wallets a bit for their own. Who knows if the celebrities would get behind this cause like they did for Haiti, but if they were on board, people would donate.

I really, really like this idea. We were able to raise a ton of money for the Haiti victims, I'd hope most Americans would open their wallets a bit for their own. Who knows if the celebrities would get behind this cause like they did for Haiti, but if they were on board, people would donate.

This has already happened.

Again, the U.S. Government assisted out of sympathy and a PR move. No one with a soul will say this is an immoral act. But I just have one question...where did we get the money to assist Haiti with a federal deficit of 13.8 trillion ($40k per US citizen) and climbing?

Again, the U.S. Government assisted out of sympathy and a PR move. No one with a soul will say this is an immoral act. But I just have one question...where did we get the money to assist Haiti with a federal deficit of 13.8 trillion ($40k per US citizen) and climbing?

We've always come to the aid of countries in need, especially those in our backyard. They assisted them with money because it would have looked horrible on the world stage had we not done so. I'm not saying I agree with it, especially given domestic issues that probably could have been addressed, but this is how the US does business post WWII.

I don't get why you guys personally jab scintrigue for posting on this board.

Because his only capacity here is as a flamer promoting his personal agenda. 95% of what he posts here is FAR left liberal bullshit. Take a look at the original post in this thread, or any of his threads for that matter. All he wants to do is pick fights on an internet message board. If the guy would use that time trying to advance himself into a higher tax bracket he just might not have to angle so hard to spread other people's money around to underachievers.

This is the guy that was promoting Chavez in Venezuela. The guy that thinks Cuba has a superior health care system. The guy that thinks people should be punished for working 70 hours a week to support people at home playing xbox 360. The guy that thinks the government should regulate everything from health care to credit card fees to banks to higher education to....yet I guarantee you he was the first one screaming about civil liberties abuses with the Patriot Act. Really?

PJack, you've seemed like a pretty intelligent guy over the last several years on here. That being said, please acknowledge that "far left or right" is the problem with this political system. Guys like him are far more concerned with "who's right" instead of "what's right." For him to start most threads in an intentionally antagonistic manner, like this one, is a perfect example. I've asked him repeatedly what his purpose is and what he is trying to accomplish without a response. All he wants to do is rile people up...and THAT makes his a pathetic internet message board flamer.

Back to topic...

ISSUE:

Why is the government responsible for providing money/compensation to the 9/11 victims, their families or first responders? This was a vicious terrorist attack on innocent civilians that no one saw coming. Is it gross negligence, unsafe practices, or any other type of reason that civil lawsuits put forth? I would argue against that considering not one person in the entire US foresaw this attack. Not to mention that protection measures have to be taken within reason. A terrorist attack can happen anytime/anywhere (even post 9/11). I can hijack a bus right now and drive it into the nearest crowded building. Government responsibility for negligence? Lock down the bus driver seat from the passenger cabin? So it leads to the most logical answer that this is a PR or charity measure. Is the government authorized to do this? Should they do this? Check out this article on Davy Crocket and make your own conclusions:

http://www.constitution.org/cons/crockett.htm

"I have as much respect for the memory of the deceased, and as much sympathy for the sufferings of the living, if suffering there be, as any man in this House, but we must not permit our respect for the dead or our sympathy for a part of the living to lead us into an act of injustice to the balance of the living. I will not go into an argument to prove that Congress has no power to appropriate this money as an act of charity."

SOLUTION

Because the President at the time said it was safe to go and try to help. A citizen? Okay stand up do something about it then. Are you standing yet? And I could really careless about what Crockett said some almost two hundrend years ago when asbestos or planes did not even exist. Lets not mention he was probably talking about soilders who have that ol' socialized healthcare, would you cancel that? They did not have 200k hospital bills back then or any dollar amount that can even relate to inflation of now. And you really think republicans that held this up even remotely thought of what you are talking about? No! It was a political gain, plenty republicans request billons in useless earmarks and could careless about deficit spending. They wanted to hold this up so they could put another +1 on their 911 agenda, republicans want to deny dems from anything that has to do with 911. They would have passed this easy once they took the house. Again, Cheney himself said deficits do not matter. So while you have noble thoughts here, you are falsely mistaken for anyone in office really following your beliefs.

The victims families got a lot in charities. This is about the volunteer fireman/police/regular citizens WHO DONT HAVE UNION OR HEALTH INSURANCE. For you ignorant folks that think that this was just for the staffed govt employees.

We've always come to the aid of countries in need, especially those in our backyard. They assisted them with money because it would have looked horrible on the world stage had we not done so. I'm not saying I agree with it, especially given domestic issues that probably could have been addressed, but this is how the US does business post WWII.

Hey I all for us pulling the 50k troops out of Germany and similar stories in other nations. Cut that defense spending, best policy I ever heard!

Because his only capacity here is as a flamer promoting his personal agenda. 95% of what he posts here is FAR left liberal bullshit. Take a look at the original post in this thread, or any of his threads for that matter. All he wants to do is pick fights on an internet message board. If the guy would use that time trying to advance himself into a higher tax bracket he just might not have to angle so hard to spread other people's money around to underachievers.

This is the guy that was promoting Chavez in Venezuela. The guy that thinks Cuba has a superior health care system. The guy that thinks people should be punished for working 70 hours a week to support people at home playing xbox 360. The guy that thinks the government should regulate everything from health care to credit card fees to banks to higher education to....yet I guarantee you he was the first one screaming about civil liberties abuses with the Patriot Act. Really?

PJack, you've seemed like a pretty intelligent guy over the last several years on here. That being said, please acknowledge that "far left or right" is the problem with this political system. Guys like him are far more concerned with "who's right" instead of "what's right." For him to start most threads in an intentionally antagonistic manner, like this one, is a perfect example. I've asked him repeatedly what his purpose is and what he is trying to accomplish without a response. All he wants to do is rile people up...and THAT makes his a pathetic internet message board flamer.

So you do not have a thought on the thread? You support republicans opposing this bill? Or are you going to continue stalking me in every thread? Is there some void in your life where you have to wake up everyday thinking about how much you hate me? Were you abused as a child, your parents call you ugly?

Edited by scintrigue

Harpers magazine from 1847, which read, "I know we've ge huge deficits, major environmental problems, several social ills, and so on. And these are serious problems. Unfortunately, we'll always have serious problems. However, equating 'serious' with 'fatal' would be to greatly underestimate this country. 'It is a gloomy moment in history...never has the future seemed so dark and incalculable. The United States is beset with racial, industrial and commercial chaos, drifting we know not where. Of our troubles, no man can see the end."

I'd love to have the link of him kicking the door. I've felt that exact same frustration over the way the government has handled their relationship with business and health care over the last few years. Imagine, if you will, taking a 50% pay cut over the past 5 years and still being blamed for the health care crisis. Now you have an idea what it is like to be a medical provider in America. Could your family survive on getting 1/2 of your income taken away involuntarily over the past 5 years? If the health plan that Nancy and Harry wanted us to all be covered by is " so great " then why did they write themselves "out" of it? Exactly! Socialism is great when you aren't a participant!

Because the President at the time said it was safe to go and try to help. A citizen? Okay stand up do something about it then. Are you standing yet? And I could really careless about what Crockett said some almost two hundrend years ago when asbestos or planes did not even exist. Lets not mention he was probably talking about soilders who have that ol' socialized healthcare, would you cancel that? They did not have 200k hospital bills back then or any dollar amount that can even relate to inflation of now. And you really think republicans that held this up even remotely thought of what you are talking about? No! It was a political gain, plenty republicans request billons in useless earmarks and could careless about deficit spending. They wanted to hold this up so they could put another +1 on their 911 agenda, republicans want to deny dems from anything that has to do with 911. They would have passed this easy once they took the house. Again, Cheney himself said deficits do not matter. So while you have noble thoughts here, you are falsely mistaken for anyone in office really following your beliefs.

You kinda missed my point. Not once in my entire post do I mention that I am pro-Republican. My point is that no government, Repub or Dem, should be making charitable contributions. The government is there to govern...leave the charitable work up to the private sector. And yes, if there was a private fundraiser for 9/11 victims, familiies, first responders I would most definitely donate. Would I lead it personally? No, but that doesn't mean no one else would.

The victims families got a lot in charities. This is about the volunteer fireman/police/regular citizens WHO DONT HAVE UNION OR HEALTH INSURANCE. For you ignorant folks that think that this was just for the staffed govt employees.

Health insurance is not an entitlement or right. It is a benefit earned. The only rights we have in America are the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Everything else is earned so if they don't have health insurance...tough luck. Should we give everyone who died that day life insurance too? No.

Harpers magazine from 1847, which read, "I know we've ge huge deficits, major environmental problems, several social ills, and so on. And these are serious problems. Unfortunately, we'll always have serious problems. However, equating 'serious' with 'fatal' would be to greatly underestimate this country. 'It is a gloomy moment in history...never has the future seemed so dark and incalculable. The United States is beset with racial, industrial and commercial chaos, drifting we know not where. Of our troubles, no man can see the end.

This is a great point. Every generation does live with the "Doom and Gloom" outlook that the world is coming to an end. I won't argue that. It is human nature to worry. The whole gov overspends like crazy. My point is only that if you had personal debt and were looking to cut expenses...what would you cut first? Charity? or Living Expenses?

Hey I all for us pulling the 50k troops out of Germany and similar stories in other nations. Cut that defense spending, best policy I ever heard!

So you do not have a thought on the thread? You support republicans opposing this bill? Or are you going to continue stalking me in every thread? Is there some void in your life where you have to wake up everyday thinking about how much you hate me? Were you abused as a child, your parents call you ugly?

Yes, my opinion is that you are a pathetic Internet message board flamer. Where did I lose you? Get to work you lazy ass...

i am wondering if Scrin is secretly a republican and either performing a satire of an extreme left nut or simply a troll.

And Dome, please stop with the whole, all people on welfare exploit it. and your whole, punish people who work for 70hrs a week to help some guy pay for his x-box is absurd. I'd rather it be, tax the guys rich ceo's who use "creative accounting" to get out of their taxes and commit fraud and steal from their companies to pay for their yachts, and use that tax money to help a poor man get by. Trust me America is not a meritocracy and never has been, no matter what Horatio Alger would have you believe. It happens sometimes but they are the exception

Yes, my opinion is that you are a pathetic Internet message board flamer. Where did I lose you? Get to work you lazy ass...

I work harder than you with my pinkie finger. Get a life son. I know you old and have half accomplished what I have done in your life span. But seriously Rich-Rod "Get a life". Seriously stalker, you need help. Get to work, funny to me, see like Chiro I own mine sonny. And I continue my education, you got a problem with that? Not only do I own my own business, pay my taxes, root for ND on Saturdays, but am pursing a real Phd like others that fake it on this board. Get off MY %^&%!

http://healium.wordpress.com/files/2009/07/obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

I never came at you personally? Matter fact, since I started I never came at nobody persoanlly. Y'all attack me, ban me whatever. I just speak my piece and y'all get your panties in a bunch. But I gotta give up to the mods, I know they are all right-wing and I have had private chats with some. Really good people keeping me on board and all. I mean seriously, Don Juan we went at it in that one convo, and you banned me, but you brought me back and I remember that good back and forth we had in the PM. It was a good discussion. I would love to have good discussions with everyone and sidetrack the personal vendattas against me. And thank you Pjack for stickin up, it was me and you against all in that NFL socialism discussion, you brought some serious heat could not have done it without you bro. You see it is a funny thing with this board, it does not represent Christians, ND, or anything of the alike (open forum). I came here like any other fan would for great insight on ND football and then I seen the open forum!!! My personal agenda you ask? It is to expose Hypocrisy. You see the Vatican is all about no wars, yet you support them. The vatican is about no condoms, yet I support them. Tucker Carlson your Republican fox news loser is about executing Michael Vick, yet you are pro-life, and I questions why are Industrail farmers not executed for the serious harm they do to cows, pigs and chickens similar to Mick Vick's actions. A pig is smarter than a dog. So I will continue to question. I will always question ignorance, until my soul burns slow.

i am wondering if Scrin is secretly a republican and either performing a satire of an extreme left nut or simply a troll.

And Dome, please stop with the whole, all people on welfare exploit it. and your whole, punish people who work for 70hrs a week to help some guy pay for his x-box is absurd. I'd rather it be, tax the guys rich ceo's who use "creative accounting" to get out of their taxes and commit fraud and steal from their companies to pay for their yachts, and use that tax money to help a poor man get by. Trust me America is not a meritocracy and never has been, no matter what Horatio Alger would have you believe. It happens sometimes but they are the exception

No America is a Oligarchy. Or crony capitalism whatever you see fit. Definatly not free-market. That has not existed for awhile now, if ever. I love when conservatives use that term though, it is so funny!!! I never in my life have seen it in real form, it is kind of like communism, has anyone ever seen it? I mean the way Marx laid it out? Nope, never!! HAHAHA hilarious, so funny, neither have ever been done! Free-market=maybe in the 1200's, communism maybe also in the 1200's. Never has either been seen in true form in any of our lifetimes. Yet we fight for this? Funny to me, I dont know about anyone else?

Edited by scintrigue

I work harder than you with my pinkie finger. Get a life son. I know you old and have half accomplished what I have done in your life span. But seriously Rich-Rod "Get a life". Seriously stalker, you need help. Get to work, funny to me, see like Chiro I own mine sonny. And I continue my education, you got a problem with that? Not only do I own my own business, pay my taxes, root for ND on Saturdays, but am pursing a real Phd like others that fake it on this board. Get off MY %^&%!

I never came at you personally? Matter fact, since I started I never came at nobody persoanlly. Y'all attack me, ban me whatever. I just speak my piece and y'all get your panties in a bunch. But I gotta give up to the mods, I know they are all right-wing and I have had private chats with some. Really good people keeping me on board and all. I mean seriously, Don Juan we went at it in that one convo, and you banned me, but you brought me back and I remember that good back and forth we had in the PM. It was a good discussion. I would love to have good discussions with everyone and sidetrack the personal vendattas against me. And thank you Pjack for stickin up, it was me and you against all in that NFL socialism discussion, you brought some serious heat could not have done it without you bro. You see it is a funny thing with this board, it does not represent Christians, ND, or anything of the alike (open forum). I came here like any other fan would for great insight on ND football and then I seen the open forum!!! My personal agenda you ask? It is to expose Hypocrisy. You see the Vatican is all about no wars, yet you support them. The vatican is about no condoms, yet I support them. Tucker Carlson your Republican fox news loser is about executing Michael Vick, yet you are pro-life, and I questions why are Industrail farmers not executed for the serious harm they do to cows, pigs and chickens similar to Mick Vick's actions. A pig is smarter than a dog. So I will continue to question. I will always question ignorance, until my soul burns slow.

No America is a Oligarchy. Or crony capitalism whatever you see fit. Definatly not free-market. That has not existed for awhile now, if ever. I love when conservatives use that term though, it is so funny!!! I never in my life have seen it in real form, it is kind of like communism, has anyone ever seen it? I mean the way Marx laid it out? Nope, never!! HAHAHA hilarious, so funny, neither have ever been done! Free-market=maybe in the 1200's, communism maybe also in the 1200's. Never has either been seen in true form in any of our lifetimes. Yet we fight for this? Funny to me, I dont know about anyone else?

Hahahaha you're pursuing a PhD?!?! That is the best joke I have heard in a while, I'm sure all of your esteemed professors will love your firm grasp of English grammar and your unrivaled ability to utilize the non sequitor when trying to make a point.

I couldn't even make it through all that BS. How about you come here, a ND football board, to talk about ND football instead of just flaming? That would be a good start. Stalking? Hardly. I simply find it appropriate to call you out on all of your BS in every post. You have very little interest in ND Football so I ask you again, what is your purpose on here? What are you trying to accomplish by provoking everybody in "open"? You repeatedly have ignored this question. You should have been banned here a long long time ago. That is not my call. Congrats on your PHD, now you just have to find someone to pay for it.

banned for having an opinion that the majority on the board doesn't agree with?

No, banned because this board has a lengthy record of not tolerating flamers (see Cuse fan in General). You know full well his intention is not to simply "express an opinion that the majority on the board doesn't agree with".