It's time for us fans to do something about the ND Administration...

If you ask me it is time for us fans to do something about this pansy ass environment the Notre Dame administration has been building since Lou Holtz went from having four number one recruiting classes in a row to being allowed to only have a bunch of soft rich boy patsies to play football. We need to stand up and stand up now before these guys ruin forever what Notre Dame was truly built on and that is football. We have a bunch of lawyers on here and ND Alum who are sick of losing... lets get a petition going and send it to these jackasses turning our great football program into a harvard football program. We can sit and bitch and argue all we want but the realization is that we can also band together and truly try to make a difference.

WHO'S WITH ME?!

Let's get together some ideas and get something written up together and get thousands to sign it and boycott anything that has the ND logo on it so these jackasses quit banking on the ND that was built on football not on accounting firms (no pun intended). If they start feeling it in their pocketbooks maybe they will get their shit together and allow BK to open up his recruiting and giving some less fortunate kids the chance to APPRECIATE ND for all its worth.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ask me it is time for us fans to do something about this pansy ass environment the Notre Dame administration has been building since Lou Holtz went from having four number one recruiting classes in a row to being allowed to only have a bunch of soft rich boy patsies to play football. We need to stand up and stand up now before these guys ruin forever what Notre Dame was truly built on and that is football. We have a bunch of lawyers on here and ND Alum who are sick of losing... lets get a petition going and send it to these jackasses turning our great football program into a harvard football program. We can sit and bitch and argue all we want but the realization is that we can also band together and truly try to make a difference.

WHO'S WITH ME?!

Let's get together some ideas and get something written up together and get thousands to sign it and boycott anything that has the ND logo on it so these jackasses quit banking on the ND that was built on football not on accounting firms (no pun intended). If they start feeling it in their pocketbooks maybe they will get their shit together and allow BK to open up his recruiting and giving some less fortunate kids the chance to APPRECIATE ND for all its worth.

Allow Juco transfers and lower admissions... I am not saying I want this or it is the way to go it is just some ideas.

My wardrobe would be cut in half

I hear ya... That is the only way I can cut into those arrogant admin's pocketbook since I am not alum and don't give 10 grand a year. I am proposing this because Nebraska fans did it, quit giving money to the school and their AD Pederson and that dipshit Callahan were gone with 2 years of the alumni making the announcement they were not giving any money until things changed. I think BK is the right guy, I just think the powers need a gut check and we as the fans have EVERY opportunity to give that to them.

Its sad to say but sometimes it feels like the program is just fading. I love this team but we have become a money making media circus!

Remember one thing: there are millions of more fans of ND than their are alumni!

1. The school has to decide which way it wants to go, If you wanna go the Ivy league route thats fine. At least make it clear to the millions of fans that keep waiting for the team to get back to the top.

2. To compete in the NCAA for a champions consistently the standards have to be lowered!

3. I don't think the coaches and the players should have all the obligations with the media, Brian Kelly's only obligation should be with the team. He is way to busy meeting with all these people and in all reality that takes a toll.

Notre dame needs to understand that the football team put it on the map!

Enough of this Ivy league stuff. ND is letting in kids with ACT's in the teens. I had a 29 and was top 5% of my class and got denied. Sure, they could let in anyone, but then they might as well just join the SEC. I don't think thugs is the way I want ND to have to go to win.

They do lower the standards for players already, that should be enough. Stanford is doing ok with similar standards and half of what ND has going for it.

Enough of this Ivy league stuff. ND is letting in kids with ACT's in the teens. I had a 29 and was top 5% of my class and got denied. Sure, they could let in anyone, but then they might as well just join the SEC. I don't think thugs is the way I want ND to have to go to win.

They do lower the standards for players already, that should be enough. Stanford is doing ok with similar standards and half of what ND has going for it.

So what is your explanation than for our team's struggles since we had 4 number 1 recruiting classes for 4 straight years.... I'm sure you respect lou why do you think he jumped ship? Stanford is also located in Northern Cali which probably helps them out a little bit... Not to mention Cali is their backyard... Are you seriously going to tell me we get the same type of recruits today as we did during the Holtz era?

So what is your explanation than for our team's struggles since we had 4 number 1 recruiting classes for 4 straight years.... I'm sure you respect lou why do you think he jumped ship? Stanford is also located in Northern Cali which probably helps them out a little bit... Not to mention Cali is their backyard... Are you seriously going to tell me we get the same type of recruits today as we did during the Holtz era?

No they don't, bit ND was a national power when Lou was there, in the title hunt every few years. Kids being recruited now have never seen ND #1 in their lifetime. Why would we assume they care about going to ND? They've had two or three good seasons in ten years!

No they don't, bit ND was a national power when Lou was there, in the title hunt every few years. Kids being recruited now have never seen ND #1 in their lifetime. Why would we assume they care about going to ND? They've had two or three good seasons in ten years!

Respectively I used to agree with you but here is a bit of information I seen from a poster on SBT in the comments section and it made a hell of a lot of sense.

"let's go back to 1990 after four straight #1 classes and look at the roster:

Running backs: Jerome Bettis. Rickey Watters. Dorsey Levins. Tony Brooks. Reggie Brooks.

two of them (Bettis and Watters) a=rank in the top 10 of all time NFL rushing yardage.

4 of them (R Brooks, Bettis, Watters and Levins) had 1000 yard NFL seasons.

that's not even factoring in Rocket at wide reciver and Derek brown and Irv Smith who played tight end and were first round draft choices.

from 1988-1993 Lou averaged 11 wins a year and contedned for national championships. his last 3 seasons he averaged 7.7 wins and never came close. he got dominated twice by Ohio State. Did Lou all of a sudden become a bad coach? No. A book was written that embaressed the school and they enforced stricter academic requirements and recruting since 1991 has been down. You know what is sad? Tony Rice and Chris Zorich who helped win what will probably be the last national championship ever at Notre Dame would not get in to today's Notre Dame. and they graduated with honors. how many of those difference makers from 1988 would even get in today?"

It just kind of hit home to me... I respectively disagree with you...

Respectively I used to agree with you but here is a bit of information I seen from a poster on SBT in the comments section and it made a hell of a lot of sense.

"let's go back to 1990 after four straight #1 classes and look at the roster:

Running backs: Jerome Bettis. Rickey Watters. Dorsey Levins. Tony Brooks. Reggie Brooks.

two of them (Bettis and Watters) a=rank in the top 10 of all time NFL rushing yardage.

4 of them (R Brooks, Bettis, Watters and Levins) had 1000 yard NFL seasons.

that's not even factoring in Rocket at wide reciver and Derek brown and Irv Smith who played tight end and were first round draft choices.

from 1988-1993 Lou averaged 11 wins a year and contedned for national championships. his last 3 seasons he averaged 7.7 wins and never came close. he got dominated twice by Ohio State. Did Lou all of a sudden become a bad coach? No. A book was written that embaressed the school and they enforced stricter academic requirements and recruting since 1991 has been down. You know what is sad? Tony Rice and Chris Zorich who helped win what will probably be the last national championship ever at Notre Dame would not get in to today's Notre Dame. and they graduated with honors. how many of those difference makers from 1988 would even get in today?"

It just kind of hit home to me... I respectively disagree with you...

What is the title of said book? I'd like to read it.

What is the title of said book? I'd like to read it.

No it wasn't a book it was a fan on South Bend Tribune's Comments section but it really hit home to me that since they put in the academic requirements that we haven't had a lineup like that since... I just quoted him because they weren't my words... What else can explain our last 20 years of mediocrity?

I have to respectfully disagree with most of this. I think part of what makes notre dame great is that we hold ourselves to a much higher expectation than other teams. We don't have 30 kids getting arrested, we don't have agents coming in and paying our athletes, and we expect the best and brightest at ND. With as many High School athletes as they are and the national recruiting we are able to do, I feel like there is certainly enough players that fit ND's requirements. I don't want to use our academic standards as a crutch for us losing, but something to hold our heads high about. We won't lower our standards just to get dumb athletes here. We want the BEST and BRIGHTEST.

I have to respectfully disagree with most of this. I think part of what makes notre dame great is that we hold ourselves to a much higher expectation than other teams. We don't have 30 kids getting arrested, we don't have agents coming in and paying our athletes, and we expect the best and brightest at ND. With as many High School athletes as they are and the national recruiting we are able to do, I feel like there is certainly enough players that fit ND's requirements. I don't want to use our academic standards as a crutch for us losing, but something to hold our heads high about. We won't lower our standards just to get dumb athletes here. We want the BEST and BRIGHTEST.

Then we should get comfy from our Ivory Tower.

clay burton would have de-committed from any school in the country after he got the florida offer...

bama, oregon, oklahoma, usc, ----it would not have mattered.

we are overreacting to an inevitable situation with clay.

It isn't over the Clay thing for me. Much deeper than that.

It isn't over the Clay thing for me. Much deeper than that.

ah, just a coincidence i guess...

in general, we still recruit at an elite level, so personally i dont get what "lowering the standards" would accomplish ...?

for the most part, BK likes to bring in high character guys, so i doubt we would go after the academic risks anyways....

So everyone who can make a huge difference in this world had to have a 3.0 in high school and a good act score? What about the numerous kids who would love to come to ND and work their asses off once here to make the most of their abilities... Were there thugs on the team when Lou Holtz won national championships and competed for them? IMO you have elitist point of view... What made Notre Dame Notre Dame? I believe it was football and Catholicism and since someone isn't as book smart as someone else you think he doesn't deserve to use his abilities in sports for ND? I'm not alum and the reason I love Notre Dame isn't because some book smart lawyer (no pun intended) told me about the history... It was because of the football tradition and my Catholic heritage. Not all kids that don't have quite as good as grades as others are bad kids and thugs...

What is this post even trying to say? We just hired a proven coach that everyone else was wanting as well. We have an unbelievable DEFENSIVE recruiting class that is ranked number 2 in the country. By the way, these are kids that everyone else is wanting as well. It is true that our upper classmen recruits maigh not have been the best bunch, but every SEC team was wanting them too. We just do not have a team that plays real well together....they have hard a hard time since stepping foot on campus of winning games. But what else can the admin Dothan what they are doing?

1. Hire College Footballs hottest coach...Check

2. Get good recruits....Check

3. Let kids in that have less than stellar grades and test scores....Check

Now it's up to this coaching staff to turn our promising young recruits into bad ass football players. Admin can't do much about that. The only thing I would suggest is to get with the city, try to lower hotel prices while ND games are going on, lower ticket prices for the prime seats, and make the stadium a little more fun and modern. Do that, and younger crowds will come.

in general, we still recruit at an elite level, so personally i dont get what "lowering the standards" would accomplish ...?

for the most part, BK likes to bring in high character guys, so i doubt we would go after the academic risks anyways....

You made my point... If you bring in high character coaches you will get high character guys... Why does the administration have to set the standards? Shouldn't that be the a decision between the Athletic Director and the coaching staffs?

Hence why I said in this era of Academics being secondary we will struggle with the likes of Alabama and Florida( Ivory Tower comment above). We just can't take the risks and the JUCO transfers like them. Football has changed a lot in the last 20 years and we haven't changed with it do to our self imposed restrictions. I am not saying that is a bad thing ,I am just saying it is happening. Can we win? Yes but recruiting takes a laser focus to make sure you get guys that will perform or deliver. We cannot strike out as much as the other teams.

Edited by cali_domer