Clausen treats football like a grenade with the pin pulled

Jersey Irish

According to NFL Beat writer Steve Reed, he can't imagine Jimmy Clausen being benched "for good" at this point after his outing against the Bears, but hr said he's clearly not ready to play at the NFL level. "Clausen has shown no timing, no accuracy, bad hands, and a long windup. Worse, he treats the football like a grenade with the pin pulled. It's easy to see why so many QB-needy teams passed on him in the draft."

Guess Charlie didn't have him as NFL ready as he thought.

Edited by Jersey Irish

Jimmy has proven to me he has a rapid learning curve--i remember his first few outings in 2007 --the 3-9 season--he was terrible--he ran for the sidelines at the drop of a hat---he paid EXTRA for a bad oline because he was indecisive which made a bad situation worse--he was benched to give sharpley another try---

But by the last 3 games of the season he was more accurate--no picks and started throwing touchdowns---by the end of 2008 IN HAWAII after his second year of rapid improvment he had peaked --he was as GOOD AS A COLLEGE QB gets----in 2009 28 Tds and 4 picks----

Jimmy IMO will follow the same path which is typical for any rookie QB----eli manning--mark sanchez--drew bries---etc etc etc----first year --first games are tough---jimmy can take the criticism he's used to it--i doubt it will bother him-- the panthers did not EXPECT MIRACLES--they had a poor recieveing corps before steve smith went down--he was IT!---now they have nothing---Panthers Know they have a franchise guy and will give him all season to develop---aloha's

Wait a minute, QB's can struggle in a new system and at a new level for a few games?

I also noticed this...just like Dayne, Jimmy will get better and only needs time to get accustomed to game time speed and develop chemistry and accuracy. To all of those who have been saying that you can't teach accuracy, or that it doesn't come with experience, do you really believe that JC is not going to get more accurate with time? He most definitely will and so will DC.

would love to see Steve Reed stats as a starting Qb in the NFL ??? Until I see his stats I will just call him a d bag.. its real easy to talk the talk... You don't luck your way into a starting spot on a NFL team... The crappyiest QB in the NFL is a stud in College.. Steve Reed= :llama:

I also noticed this...just like Dayne, Jimmy will get better and only needs time to get accustomed to game time speed and develop chemistry and accuracy. To all of those who have been saying that you can't teach accuracy, or that it doesn't come with experience, do you really believe that JC is not going to get more accurate with time? He most definitely will and so will DC.

unfortunately jimmy might not have a lot of time especially if FOX gets the axe after this season..he needs to prove he's the starter very fast.

would love to see Steve Reed stats as a starting Qb in the NFL ??? Until I see his stats I will just call him a d bag.. its real easy to talk the talk... You don't luck your way into a starting spot on a NFL team... The crappyiest QB in the NFL is a stud in College.. Steve Reed= :llama:

Twitter :llama:takes exception to being compared to a douche like Steve Reed ;). Twitter thinks he is more like a:spider: that needs to be crushed.

Jimmy missed a few throws, but it was like watching him his Freshman year trying to avoid being killed, but this time the guys chasing him were bigger, faster, and a whole lot meaner. Welcome to life as a QB in the NFL, enjoy it while you're still breathing.