Is cheerleading a sport?

Guest SirJohn

Guest SirJohn

My daughter sent me this as my Grand daughter is going to be a cheerleader next year.

Jeese as in gee whiz,(not Jssie) Trying to find even some remotely artice on Fooball is getting rough.:grin:

My daughter sent me this as my Grand daughter is going to be a cheerleader next year.

Jeese as in gee whiz,(not Jssie) Trying to find even some remotely artice on Fooball is getting rough.:grin:

Don't think it is a sport but you have to be in shape...They do have cheerleader competion on espn I think.... So maybe it is... Well that was was a real wishy washy answer by me...:llama:

They way I look at it, if the competition is judged, its not a sport........except maybe boxing......

I agree with this. After watching some of these winter olympic events, it's obvious.

It could be considered art/theatre, but it's not a sport if the winner is determined by some other humans (often biased) opinion.

Should the circus or ballet be considered a sport?

this is a slippery slope.......i would contest that any activity that you can drink beer and smoke while doing it (darts, bowling, golf, poker) is not a sport.......it's a competitive hobby.......this is not sout grapes cuz i love em all..............

There is still a definite winner in those games, where one person obviously does better than the other due to the final score.

The beer drinking/smoking just adds to the fun:-P Although, getting drunk has never improved my score in any of those events. Maybe bowling, but not so much after too many drinks.