Lenten Sacrifice: I'm Giving Up...

2lakes

Second Try.

And this is in the "General Discussion" section because:

1. All the other "How Old Are You" and "Who Are You" threads were in here: a lot more exposure here than over in "Open"

2. I am giving up junk food for a sporting reason: I plan to run four or five trail ultras (> marathon) this year. Maybe some other people want to make sports/fitness related pledges

3. I hear Coach Kelly and his staff are giving up, on behalf of Notre Dame, losing games the Irish should win;)

4. Lent starts on Wednesday. Yes, this Wednesday.

Also, some funny Lenten pledges here:

http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/2009/02/whats-the-smallestmost-amusing-lentent-sacrifice-you-know-of-.html

A lot of people giving up Facebook.

Here's a good one:

A friend's son gravely informed me several years ago that he was giving up using his Sony PlayStation for Lent.

"That should be tough for you," I said, knowing his fondness for video games.

"Not really," he said. "We also have Xbox."

So... For Lent, I am going to sacrifice ____________. You have 5060 minutes. Go.

Guest irishrick

SCHELL your a riot. ha ha . go Irish , 2 lakes you be careful, just say this step is for rick, you will get it done , wish i could join you in a jog, but those days are over , hard enough to walk with a cane . ha ha getting old and diabetes isn't fun along with that nurorophy fella tagging along. o well Irish football will start in the spring . enjoy go Irish .;)

Guest rocketsan22
im givin up pu........ hey, can anybody else see this?????? well any way i was gonna say puzzles.......i'm completely addicted...........

u lick puzzles? loser.

There's no way Fanatic can give up red meat with grilling season just around the corner...sorry, not buying it bud. :grin:

After tonights' game I might end up giving up watching the men's basketball team play anymore....too frustrating! At least I know they most likely won't be playing in March.

There's no way Fanatic can give up red meat with grilling season just around the corner...sorry, not buying it bud. :grin:

Haven't you ever heard of grilled chicken and grilled fish and grilled shrimp...?

IrishGirl: giving up the cigs sounds like a good idea, but if abstaining means having to french kiss jfschellcrna, then I might be taking it up.