Pretty Good Ben Stein Documentary...

Donjuan

I saw that but I think he was pointing out the fact that Hitler cherished the teachings of Darwin...and look where that led him. I doubt Stein would be so foolish to say or think that evolutionists are nazis. He even states that the word evolution is a mixed bag and can lead to many a misdirected argument. :grin:

So did the British that helped defeat Germany. There is always the story of the horses teeth.

In the year of our Lord 1432, there arose a grievous quarrel among the brethren over the number of teeth in the mouth of a horse. For thirteen days the disputation raged without ceasing. All the ancient books and chronicles were fetched out, and wonderful and ponderous erudition such as was never before heard of in this region was made manifest. At the beginning of the fourteenth day, a youthful friar of goodly bearing asked his learned superiors for permission to add a word, and straightway, to the wonderment of the disputants, whose deep wisdom he sore vexed, he beseeched them to unbend in a manner coarse and unheard-of and to look in the open mouth of a horse and find answer to their questionings. At this, their dignity being grievously hurt, they waxed exceeding wroth; and, joining in a mighty uproar, they flew upon him and smote him, hip and thigh, and cast him out forthwith. For, said they, surely Satan hath tempted this bold neophyte to declare unholy and unheard-of ways of finding truth, contrary to all the teachings of the fathers. After many days more of grievous strife, the dove of peace sat on the assembly, and they as one man declaring the problem to be an everlasting mystery because of a grievous dearth of historical and theological evidence thereof, so ordered the same writ down.

—Francis Bacon, 1592.

...if you ever get the time, check out this Ben Stein documentary regarding the freedom to question. I'm not advocating one way or the other but it makes you think nonetheless which is something important when watching a documentary. :grin:

I think Ben Stein is completely wrong. There is no proof to back him up. I know some of you guys think the opposite of me. Do you guys really think that what Ben Stein thinks is true? Do you really think that evolution is a scam?

I have such different views than so many of you. I'm not trying to be a jerk or prove that i'm right, just wondering how you guys support these beliefs.

I guess an ad hominem is the best this guy can do.

What? You are obviously looking for an argument. Be a rational person.

It's not our job to convince people in this public forum either way.

I think you just want other people to see what you think.

Edited by case29

Case, I personally feel evolution has some glaring holes in it. Not having any X-factors yet millions of species is one, but that's not what this is about. It's about what happened before the theorized evolutionary process. Where did this cell come from? How did it spawn life and how was it spawned?

Ben Stein does a great job asking Mr. Dawkins--the world's leader in evolutionary science--where the cell came from. And his reply: "from another planet and placed here by extra-terrestrials." But Dawkins would not allow the possibility of higher intelligence to be God. It could only be an alien. When pressed why he wouldn't allow for that outcome Dawkins answered because it would be catastrophic.

In essence; it safer for you and I to believe the origin of life was started by ET and then progressed by the evolutionary process, albeit we have zero 'midlings' or X-factors to go with the millions of species on earth, and even Darwin himself refutes the whole species-jumping theory later in his book....

If this were to be the case (that we were brought here by aliens) then we would not be held responsible/accountable thus making this an easier outcome for many.

**again, these are just some of the things I think about that have never made sense to me