Our Punter Can Whoop Yours

2lakes

The Tribune reported the same number in another article, also mentioning that his BP is thirty-five pounds more than any of the Offensive Linemen, and that he runs a 4.7 forty as well. In fact, according to the numbers I read, in this class, only Stockton (also listed as 375) lifts as much as Turk.

I had a roommate/teammate from college who was on the wrestling team with me. He was our 118 pounder, so before cutting weight he'd probably weigh about 135-145ish. Anyhow his senior year he benched 375!! Of course he's 5-02 and has bigger breasts than most women I know lol, he also had huge arms, but chicken legs also. He would run a lot and pretty much only do upper body routines for lifting. Did it clean too, no suppliments or roids.

Janikowski anyone???

I wouldn't want to compare any of ND's players to that piece of crap. He's just a fat person with a huge leg, and he likes bar fights. If I remember correctly Matt Turk was at one time one of the strongest people in the NFL (pound for pound)

Mendoza cant wait to get his hands on him and turn him into yet another player who can out-lift one of his lineman.

You do realize that Brady was an avid weight lifter his entire life right? I mean....the guy has never had a feakin pop or candy bar.

Comparing him to what our O-Linemen can bench is a little unfair considering BQ spent every second he could in a gym since like 7th grade, and most o-linemen spend those years eating and lifting here and there.

Just a couple more tidbits about Turk.

His pedigree: two uncles in the NFL. One played from '85 to '99 and was, I believe, an O-lineman. The other is the punter for the Houston Texans -- so the kid should already have a pretty good coach who he can call on at any time.

He accepted our offer, thus becoming verbal number eight, without even needing to take a visit.

He's from St Thomas Aquinas, alma mater of Sam Young and Dan Wenger, which produced eight players who signed with major-college programs and three others who signed with Football Championship Subdivision schools(formerly Division I-AA). To put that into perspective, the state of Wisconsin turned out 12 players who signed with major-college programs.

He had a 4.32 gpa. I'm assuming that's in a 4.0 system.

He was considered to have the strongest leg in the country. And, as attested to by his BP, that is very, very possible. Heck, sounds like he could bounce the ball off of his chest for a 40 yard average.

This Guy (as in Ray Guy -- get it?) will potentially play a huge role in establishing our field position. He will also most likely end up holding for our FG kicker, receiving the long snaps from the guy he has already been working with for four years at St Thomas Aquinas. And one day, he may decide a close game by faking a punt and running for a first down during a critical fourth and long.

"And that is the rest of the story."

His pedigree: two uncles in the NFL. One played from '85 to '99 and was, I believe, an O-lineman. The other is the punter for the Houston Texans -- so the kid should already have a pretty good coach who he can call on at any time.

He accepted our offer, thus becoming verbal number eight, without even needing to take a visit.

He's from St Thomas Aquinas, alma mater of Sam Young and Dan Wenger, which produced eight players who signed with major-college programs and three others who signed with Football Championship Subdivision schools(formerly Division I-AA). To put that into perspective, the state of Wisconsin turned out 12 players who signed with major-college programs.

He was considered to have the strongest leg in the country. And, as attested to by his BP, that is very, very possible. Heck, sounds like he could bounce the ball off of his chest for a 40 yard average.

This Guy (as in Ray Guy -- get it?) will potentially play a huge role in establishing our field position. He will also most likely end up holding for our FG kicker, receiving the long snaps from the guy he has already been working with for four years at St Thomas Aquinas. And one day, he may decide a close game by faking a punt and running for a first down during a critical fourth and long.

Ray Guy, I got it. Love the Paul Harvey quote also. Thanks for the info.

Great story 2Lakes and as a final piece de resistance..."Turk (as holder) takes off on that trick 4th and 8 play where he is met by UM Safety Johnny ***** a yard or so shy of the first down. Much to Johnny's surprise Turk stiff arms the safety who is sent directly to his keister leaving Turk to continue at a nice pace for 6! If he benched 375, there will be a few guys scratching their head...maybe like the NFL kicker (Bennett maybe) who played Australian Rules Football but is a punter but was going around decking guys after he punted!!