The missed OT kick

Irish_Thunder

Hey guys, been reading here for a while and finally decided to join up.

So I was wondering if anyone has a slow motion video of Walkers missed OT kick, Me and my girlfriend may see the game through Irish colored glasses, but I really thought it was good. The Announcers of course didn't say much about it, and did not show a better look to see how close it was. Anyone else notice this?

Welcome to DD Thunder..... I thought that too when i saw it and just went back to watch a few times:twisted: I think it is the angle.. it looks good but then it flies further to the net, thats when it looks good. i think the net throws it off. Brutal loss, not Walkers fault

It looked good to me, remember if the ball goes over the post in college it is good...meaning if the official sees the ball go over any part of the post, the kick should be considered good and 3 points awarded...

I don't know how they botched that call...

Although as a glass half full kind of guy, seeing how our last two losses came at the very end of the game under some controversial calls (I still think Floyd was down and the clock should have stopped with 3 seconds to go)...I have to say the the future is looking better and better, because if we can use the rest of this season to learn how to win those close games next year should be a banner year for our boys...

The kick was wide...

At the end of the game Walker had his head in his hands, and I said right then and there that the kid had nothing to be ashamed of. He played a great game and kept us in it, including making the HUGE 48 yarder to send it to another overtime. I hope it doesn't affect him in the coming weeks.

Hey guys, my seats were in the endzone directly behind the goal posts on Saturday it was clearly wide left.....it almost hooked back in at the end but missed by a couple feet. Just thought I would add that.

Yep! At the game in the south endzone and it DID look like it was going to pull in for a second but even from across the field I could see it was a foot or 2 wide.

BTW, Welcome to DD Irish_Thunder!! :-D:-D:-D

The last person I would ever blame for that loss was Walker. He did more than anyone could have ever asked, hopefully, he gains a little confidence from the success he did have....

I blame MYSELF more than I blame Walker. For some reason I wasn't wearing my green addidas ND tailgating shoes on saturday. I've watch film and know where I went wrong and it will NOT happen again.

Seriously though, I was very very proud of Walker in that game. I wanted him to do well so badly and he kicked some nice balls (tehehe Schell). I hated seeing him after the game with the towel over his head because he's a competitor that has been brutalized and given up on by just about everyone (including myself). I know there's nothing that anyone can say to make him feel better, but it truly was not his fault. I know it's cliche, but it was a group loss not a personal loss.

I blame MYSELF more than I blame Walker. For some reason I wasn't wearing my green addidas ND tailgating shoes on saturday. I've watch film and know where I went wrong and it will NOT happen again.

Seriously though, I was very very proud of Walker in that game. I wanted him to do well so badly and he kicked some nice balls (tehehe Schell). I hated seeing him after the game with the towel over his head because he's a competitor that has been brutalized and given up on by just about everyone (including myself). I know there's nothing that anyone can say to make him feel better, but it truly was not his fault. I know it's cliche, but it was a group loss not a personal loss.

Trust me.

I think he had the towel over his head saying," I can't believe these guys lost this game for us."