Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 11-29-2009, 07:01 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Default rmolek on the RB is confirming it's Stoops

he has NEVER been wrong to my knowledge. Anyone have an account over there still?

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 11-29-2009, 07:02 AM
Domer Domain All American

what is RB?
Old 11-29-2009, 07:03 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Rivals real board (main board)
Old 11-29-2009, 07:06 AM

Oh. I never been there but know that he has a good reputation. Still not trying to get my hopes up.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:08 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

I assume it is okay to post the info here since he isn't a mod or associated with Rivals.....RMOLEK wrote...

"Huge congratulations are going to be in order very shortly. I can't mention but many of you already know I'm told. Barring something unforeseen you will have some dynamite news in the next 4-5 days. As an IL fan I am now very worried that Prater and Cooper will be Irish as well. No news obviously on their front as they don't know who the HC will be yet but Zook, Carroll, and Stoops no, not that one ; ) will have a hard time beating out this man. I really can't believe this is about to go down. It will be a transition similar to Zook-Meyer at UF. Your program really is in good shape..."

"Btw I heard gripes about me being wrong on SH. Well the situation with Weis is the reason he isn't committed to ND. If ND was able to field a defense or win the close ones the last two years they would be a top 10 team Weis' job would be secure and SH would be your LT next year. Should be interesting to see if a relationship can quickly blossom between he and the new hire. The SOONER this man gets in South Bend the better ND's class will be..."

Huge congratulations to be in order very shortly. Many of you already know I'm told. You will have some dynamite news in the next 4-5 days.

Last edited by Donjuan; 11-29-2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: paraphrasing
Old 11-29-2009, 07:18 AM

[quote=lomapark;226425]I assume it is okay to post the info here since he isn't a mod or associated with Rivals.....RMOLEK wrote...

Best news I've heard all day.

Last edited by rdrdreamer; 11-29-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:35 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

I hope this still happens. When I was on Rivals RMolek always had the right information. If he posted something about a recruit it was true. And the mod for Scouts is reporting Stoops to ND as well. The mod is brand new though so I don't know if he is ever right or wrong but pretty good if a mod on Scouts and RMOLEK are reporting it.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomapark View Post
I hope this still happens. When I was on Rivals RMolek always had the right information. If he posted something about a recruit it was true. And the mod for Scouts is reporting Stoops to ND as well. The mod is brand new though so I don't know if he is ever right or wrong but pretty good if a mod on Scouts and RMOLEK are reporting it.
This would be great news. Can you provide the links? Thanks.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Sounds like a done deal !!! BANK IT !!!!

Sorry but these rumors are classic!!! the Q is who is not a "done deal"

Old 11-29-2009, 08:18 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdougal93 View Post
This would be great news. Can you provide the links? Thanks.
The info from RMOLEK is posted in a thread on Rivals so even if I give a link you won't be able to read it. I posted what he said. I just rejoined Rivals to get more info. the one thing I know is RMOLEK is more respected than any ND mod on rivals. Everyone believes his info more than the Rivals mods.

same with the Scout mod posting. I could provide the link but you need to pay for an account to read it. On rivals people were saying that the mod from Scout said it is Stoops. So I haven't read the mod's post but everyone told me that.

RMOLEK is a very credible source but I'm trying not to get my hopes up until something is official.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdnd81 View Post
Sounds like a done deal !!! BANK IT !!!!

Sorry but these rumors are classic!!! the Q is who is not a "done deal"
What is the Q?
Old 11-29-2009, 08:27 AM

Thanks lomapark. BTW, the Q stands for question.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:37 AM

lomapark, I just got confirmation from a friend and a good source stating that there are now reports that Stoops is indeed very likely. The mod on the scout site has multiple sources on this and it looks very promising.

I will take it for what it's worth but thanks for bringing this info on here.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdougal93 View Post
lomapark, I just got confirmation from a friend and a good source stating that there are now reports that Stoops is indeed very likely. The mod on the scout site has multiple sources on this and it looks very promising.

I will take it for what it's worth but thanks for bringing this info on here.
Awesome....now we all have to hope he keeps his word and signs the contract later in the week.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend

fingers crossed, thanks guys...............

Too much virtue is gonna hurt you!!

Clarity
The moment when you realize the preseason polls were wrong. Again.

ASBC!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

I hope he is right.Stoops would be a great fit.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

lomapark, thank you for the news. Sounds really good, and the credibility is coming across even more so. Please keep us posted.

And a Welcome to Domer Domain ncirishman
"Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore their names are Death, Destruction, Pestilence, and Famine. But those are aliases. Their real names are: Stuhldreher, Crowley, Miller and Layden.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

Looks like the one time that I've had info from a "source" it might turn out to be right..

http://twitter.com/therealFLO
M.S.B.C.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:07 PM
ndficoop

there sure does seem to be a lot of smoke. Let's hope it is a quick decision and the new man can start recruiting ASAP. Very important in my book.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:39 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

I don't want to rain on anyones parade, but what evidence do we have that any of the Stoops rumors are true? Swarbrick said that ND hasn't contacted anybody yet and Stoops told Herby that nobody has contacted him or his agent and that he's surprised that his name is even being mentioned. I know that ESPN certainly isn't the "be all end all" in sports like they think, but I haven't heard any actionable evidence anywhere that the Stoops rumor has any credence. Would Herby say it if he didn't think it was true? I just want to know if there is anything out there that isn't paper thin or just somebody's opinion. I would love to have Stoops, I just haven't heard anything that sounds like more than a rumor. If anyone can tell me where to look for the "evidence" that's out there, I would appreciate it.

P.S. In the past I thought that Brent Musberger was an idiot and last night my feelings were confirmed.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

I"m trying to maintain self-control--hofjdehdjk-!!ngfjls! dkfi;000--
**** i can't type anymore--hope hope hope this is true aloha
Old 11-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Hope like heck these tidbits are true, seems like they are coming from all angles and multiple sources now which is good. But until I see white smoke spouting from the Dome and we have a new "el papa" from Soonerville I will keep my fingers and toes crossed
Old 11-29-2009, 04:14 PM
jsdjason

A very good source with where airplanes are flying and who's on them, etc. from the OU boards is saying that Stoops flew to Aspen, CO this morning where he supposedly has a condo. I'm not aware of OU recruiting anyone in that area, but I'm not that up on OU recruiting.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA339
Old 11-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

ESPN Insider latest reports on Bob Stoops as of this morning:

Tony Barnhart started it all last night by reporting on CBS that Oklahoma's Bob Stoops might travel to South Bend as early as today to have a sitdown with the powers-that-be at Notre Dame.

Shortly thereafter athletic director Jack Swarbrick issued a quick denial to media in attendance at the Irish's game with Stanford. "Any version of anything you hear about a contact with a coach is absolutely wrong," Swarbrick said. "We haven't talked to anybody, we haven't authorized anybody to talk to anybody, it's simply not true. Any version ... not one of them is true."

Later in the evening, Stoops himself texted Tulsa World columnist Dave Sittler: "On the record, I am not (interviewing). First I've heard of this (rumor)."

But the amount of play the apparent mutual interest between the two parties has gotten suggests that there has to be something to it. It's improbable that so many media outlets with so many different sources could all be hearing the same thing -- and that it would be untrue.

Before everyone assumes that this is a done deal, however, Sittler offers a few caveats. He says that Stoops wouldn't agree to an interview, believing that his track record is more than enough for a prospective employer to work from. He's not sure Notre Dame would be willing to offer a big enough contract to even get Stoops to listen. He doesn't think Stoops would bail on a program coming off a mediocre season. And he can't understand why Stoops would take a job with a program that is clearly inferior to Oklahoma's at the moment.

By the way, Notre Dame's university plane is still blocked on FlightTracker.com, in case you wanted to see if it happens to be hovering over Oklahoma.
"Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore their names are Death, Destruction, Pestilence, and Famine. But those are aliases. Their real names are: Stuhldreher, Crowley, Miller and Layden.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Stoopsed1

Default "Great fit"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncirishman View Post
I hope he is right.Stoops would be a great fit.
I guess if you want to have good regular season campaigns and get embarrassed in the "Big Game" year after year, he is a perfect fit...The most overrated coach in football=Bob Stoops

Her also won't have the state of Texas in his backyard to pick players from.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Stoopsed1; 11-29-2009 at 08:16 PM.