Notre Dame Football News And Talk  


Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 12-06-2013, 01:00 PM
1qa 1qa is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,832
Default

Scientists in it for fame? Please. Scientists are not generally celebrities, nor generally rich.

Show me the sunspot theory, and how that explains the trends.

It has nothing to do with politics.... or if it does, show me the money trails.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

  #27  
Old 12-06-2013, 01:12 PM
ND3 ND3 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
The University of Michigan is calling. They want you to come back.... You should read Freakonomics if you really want to be educated about correlations. Just because CO2 goes up doesn't mean the warming trend (if there is one) is related. Just because the Notre Dame wins a football game and it rains that night doesn't mean a Notre Dame win equals rain. You sound like a primitive when you speak like that. Are you going to worship a windmill one day?

This global warming sh*t is a scam from liberals who have all their money in green stocks. Or, from scientists who are more in it for the fame and money than the actual science. When you cite climate "science," you're citing lies and coverups, because every piece of data that calls the theory into question is thrown away. Don't point fingers at the newspapers as a red herring. That has no relevance to the fact that the accumulation of data that is being leaked out points to this whole thing being a sham.

Also, you're misleading everyone when you say the trend has been on the rise since the industrial revolution. In fact, there has been a push since then to stop global cooling. So, tell me how that trend works. Further, your data points are screwed up, because the monitoring stations are often sitting in the middle of a city where the temperature is naturally higher due to being in the concrete jungle, yet you don't see these "scientists" accounting for those differences.

In terms of climate change and global heating or cooling, you should look to the stars, because the biggest factor is likely sunspots. Also, don't forget that there was a study in the spring saying that the rise in CO2 is actually showing a trend that sunlight is being reflected and the CO2 is acting as a cooling agent.

And one last point about the sham is how far these people will go to prove a point, like the guy who was recently fired for fraud. You know, the guy who took the pictures of the poor polar bears drowning due to global warming? It turns out that his 2011 antics were knowingly grossly overstated, but he wanted to make a point without any basis in fact.

F'ing liberals... They whine like little bitches when they don't get their way, but when they're in power, you better watch out, because they're ten times dirtier and nastier than any conservative would be. maybe it's because the conservatives have a sense of morality and professionalism that the nasty little hippies don't. Liberals are like the little kid who keeps picking at the bigger kid until the bigger kid finally swats the sh*t out of him to teach him a lesson. It's coming... Just watch out if Republicans actually take the 12 seats in the Senate they're currently projected to steal. Can you say "Impeachment"?

Get some.
Wow, bud. You need a hand getting off that soap box?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-06-2013, 01:51 PM
TDUB's Avatar
TDUB TDUB is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Freshman
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
The University of Michigan is calling. They want you to come back.... You should read Freakonomics if you really want to be educated about correlations. Just because CO2 goes up doesn't mean the warming trend (if there is one) is related. Just because the Notre Dame wins a football game and it rains that night doesn't mean a Notre Dame win equals rain. You sound like a primitive when you speak like that. Are you going to worship a windmill one day?

This global warming sh*t is a scam from liberals who have all their money in green stocks. Or, from scientists who are more in it for the fame and money than the actual science. When you cite climate "science," you're citing lies and coverups, because every piece of data that calls the theory into question is thrown away. Don't point fingers at the newspapers as a red herring. That has no relevance to the fact that the accumulation of data that is being leaked out points to this whole thing being a sham.

Also, you're misleading everyone when you say the trend has been on the rise since the industrial revolution. In fact, there has been a push since then to stop global cooling. So, tell me how that trend works. Further, your data points are screwed up, because the monitoring stations are often sitting in the middle of a city where the temperature is naturally higher due to being in the concrete jungle, yet you don't see these "scientists" accounting for those differences.

In terms of climate change and global heating or cooling, you should look to the stars, because the biggest factor is likely sunspots. Also, don't forget that there was a study in the spring saying that the rise in CO2 is actually showing a trend that sunlight is being reflected and the CO2 is acting as a cooling agent.

And one last point about the sham is how far these people will go to prove a point, like the guy who was recently fired for fraud. You know, the guy who took the pictures of the poor polar bears drowning due to global warming? It turns out that his 2011 antics were knowingly grossly overstated, but he wanted to make a point without any basis in fact.

F'ing liberals... They whine like little bitches when they don't get their way, but when they're in power, you better watch out, because they're ten times dirtier and nastier than any conservative would be. maybe it's because the conservatives have a sense of morality and professionalism that the nasty little hippies don't. Liberals are like the little kid who keeps picking at the bigger kid until the bigger kid finally swats the sh*t out of him to teach him a lesson. It's coming... Just watch out if Republicans actually take the 12 seats in the Senate they're currently projected to steal. Can you say "Impeachment"?

Get some.
Internet. Tough guy.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-06-2013, 01:59 PM
piratey's Avatar
piratey piratey is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 7,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qa View Post
Scientists in it for fame? Please. Scientists are not generally celebrities, nor generally rich.

Show me the sunspot theory, and how that explains the trends.

It has nothing to do with politics.... or if it does, show me the money trails.
lol

Quote:
In a report earlier this year, the Brookings Institution put green stimulus spending at $51 billion. From 2009 to 2014, Brookings estimates the federal government will spend over $150 billion from both stimulus and non-stimulus funds on green initiatives.
Quote:
Climate Change in the FY 2011 Budget. The numbers are staggering. In 2011, your government will spend $10.6 million a day to study, combat, and educate about climate change.
http://climatequotes.com/wp-content/...unding2011.pdf

Quote:
The big winner in the climate change money train is the National Science Foundation — they are requesting $1.616 billion. They want $766 million for the Science, Engineering and Education for Sustainability program, a 15.9% increase from their last budget. They also need another $370 million for the U.S. Global Change Research Program (USGCRP), an increase of 16%. They say they also need another $480 million for Atmospheric Sciences, an increase of 8.1%, and Earth Sciences, up 8.7%.

Oh, and $955 million for the Geosciences Directorate, an increase of 7.4%.

The second largest request for money in 2011 comes from the Department of Energy. They say they need $627 million for things like funding for renewable energy. The request represents a whopping 37% increase from last year! They want a 12% increase for energy efficiency programs. They want to eliminate $2.7 billion of subsidies for industries that emit large amounts of carbon dioxide.

Let’s get NASA in on the parade! For 2011, NASA wants $438 million to study climate change, an increase of 14%. NASA’s total Earth Sciences budget request is actually $1.8 billion. Some $809 million of that is for satellites, some of which are specifically put in orbit to study climate change. It is difficult to separate out which ones are for climate monitoring and which ones are not, so I won’t include this number in the overall climate change money train. But make no mistake: a significant percentage of the $809 million is exclusively for climate change satellites.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is looking for $437 million for climate research. This is an increase of 21.4% from the previous budget. This includes funds for regional and national assessments of climate change, including ocean acidification. Once again, another meaty bag of money to tap into for researchers, who have nice cars and big houses and need to keep up the payments.

The Department of the Interior (DOI) is also interested in robbing the climate change vault — they say they need $244 million in 2011. Of this total, $171 million is for the Climate Change Adaptation initiative. This program identifies areas and species that are most vulnerable to climate change, and implements coping strategies. Another $73 million is needed for the New Energy Frontier initiative. The goal of this program is to increase solar, wind, and geothermal energy capacity.

From 2003-2011 the gov't spent $122.8 billion on battling Climate Change.

Now, imagine climate change is not man made. What was that money spent on? Who's admitting to that waste?

And that's just SPENDING. We're not even talking about the taxes on our energy use to help curb it's use. The gas you use in your car? The energy cost to light and heat your house?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-06-2013, 02:57 PM
1qa 1qa is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratey View Post

From 2003-2011 the gov't spent $122.8 billion on battling Climate Change.

Now, imagine climate change is not man made. What was that money spent on? Who's admitting to that waste?

And that's just SPENDING. We're not even talking about the taxes on our energy use to help curb it's use. The gas you use in your car? The energy cost to light and heat your house?
The ANNUAL US budget spending is 3.75 TRILLION ... Defense alone is $830B, and you're griping over $15B annual averagee on "battling" climate change... and claiming it is a money grab..

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/us_budget_pie_chart

Learn perspective.

How much do you think existing energy (oil) companies have spent battling the scientific concensus that global warming (or climate change) is man-made... within Congress, buying influence.

You really think that for those relative pittances that scientists are pushing an agenda ... to do what? profit whom? get some extra money for publishing a paper, setting up a weather buoy? In fact, nationally funded basic research has been decreasing, on average, over the past 15 years.

Still waiting for your sun spot theory to explain the global climate trends.

Honestly, I don't think it really matters what I write, or what sources I show, because you take it as faith that scientists are corrupt... and that there's a conspiracy to upend energy companies, or change your life... just because.... even though the money trail says the opposite.

BTW, your climate quotes link didn't work for me...
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-06-2013, 03:25 PM
ChickenSoup's Avatar
ChickenSoup ChickenSoup is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qa View Post
Honestly, I don't think it really matters what I write, or what sources I show, because you take it as faith that scientists are corrupt... and that there's a conspiracy to upend energy companies, or change your life... just because.... even though the money trail says the opposite.
Give it up dude... even if you're right.. WHO CARES!

We have best and baddest military in the WORLD. There are the strong, and there are the weak, and that is life. Who the F**K cares that some half-human in some backwater country is going lose the genome gain.

There are too many on the planet anyway, and they're getting in the way of my view.

Just crawl back into your snuggle hole and cry yourself to death. ... one less liberal pansy who wants $15/hr to distract me from ND Football.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-06-2013, 04:14 PM
jessemoore97 jessemoore97 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 3,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qa View Post
Scientists in it for fame? Please. Scientists are not generally celebrities, nor generally rich.

Show me the sunspot theory, and how that explains the trends.

It has nothing to do with politics.... or if it does, show me the money trails.
Here's some things:

http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/SunspotCycle.shtml

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog...ject-news.html

http://prl.aps.org/abstract/PRL/v102/i11/e118501

There are lots of websites that discuss the possible links between sunspots or cosmic radiation and effects on the atmosphere.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-06-2013, 04:34 PM
jessemoore97 jessemoore97 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 3,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qa View Post
\

Honestly, I don't think it really matters what I write, or what sources I show, because you take it as faith that scientists are corrupt... and that there's a conspiracy to upend energy companies, or change your life... just because.... even though the money trail says the opposite.

BTW, your climate quotes link didn't work for me...
I don't think all scientists are corrupt. However people are flawed and imperfect, therefore I will not take anything as gospel, especially when evidence and admittance of altering research data emerges. Could that be happening on the other side as well with the "oil profiteers" version of climate science. Absolutely!

This is why common sense and not accepting everything people, especially the politically motivated media, tells us. Climate change is big business whether the funding comes from the government or private entities, you don't get to work unless you secure funding. You may not get rich but its an income.

Climate science is an extra ordinarily politicized debate, in which a scientist has to tread very cautiously into if they challenge anything about the popular hypothesis that man is responsible for all climate change. How can you secure funding for your research when you are trying to challenge the accepted norm? Equipment and help is expensive. Even if you do get funding, say in the form of the "oil profiteers", a majority will simply dismiss your work as biased given your funding source.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-06-2013, 04:43 PM
piratey's Avatar
piratey piratey is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 7,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qa View Post
The ANNUAL US budget spending is 3.75 TRILLION ... Defense alone is $830B, and you're griping over $15B annual averagee on "battling" climate change... and claiming it is a money grab..

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/us_budget_pie_chart

Learn perspective.

How much do you think existing energy (oil) companies have spent battling the scientific concensus that global warming (or climate change) is man-made... within Congress, buying influence.

You really think that for those relative pittances that scientists are pushing an agenda ... to do what? profit whom? get some extra money for publishing a paper, setting up a weather buoy? In fact, nationally funded basic research has been decreasing, on average, over the past 15 years.

Still waiting for your sun spot theory to explain the global climate trends.

Honestly, I don't think it really matters what I write, or what sources I show, because you take it as faith that scientists are corrupt... and that there's a conspiracy to upend energy companies, or change your life... just because.... even though the money trail says the opposite.

BTW, your climate quotes link didn't work for me...
Oh okay, so just because it's less than one area of spending, it means it's not a cash grab. 15 billion is just a drop in the bucket right? No big deal.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-06-2013, 05:01 PM
ND3 ND3 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenSoup View Post
Give it up dude... even if you're right.. WHO CARES!

We have best and baddest military in the WORLD. There are the strong, and there are the weak, and that is life. Who the F**K cares that some half-human in some backwater country is going lose the genome gain.

There are too many on the planet anyway, and they're getting in the way of my view.

Just crawl back into your snuggle hole and cry yourself to death. ... one less liberal pansy who wants $15/hr to distract me from ND Football.
Sounds like you're the one with the entitlement complex.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-06-2013, 05:08 PM
nickman54's Avatar
nickman54 nickman54 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 2,767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenSoup View Post
Give it up dude... even if you're right.. WHO CARES!

We have best and baddest military in the WORLD. There are the strong, and there are the weak, and that is life. Who the F**K cares that some half-human in some backwater country is going lose the genome gain.

There are too many on the planet anyway, and they're getting in the way of my view.

Just crawl back into your snuggle hole and cry yourself to death. ... one less liberal pansy who wants $15/hr to distract me from ND Football.


This is very entertaining, thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-06-2013, 05:29 PM
piratey's Avatar
piratey piratey is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 7,299
Default

Do you know how much money it would have cost the US if we had signed the Kyoto Protocol? Economic data from The Department of Energy predict that U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) would shrink $397 billion by 2010 The regulatory and tax costs of complying could be as high as $338 billion (1992 dollars) annually from 2008 to 2012.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ms-report.html

Quote:
The International Energy Agency (IEA) claims that $5 trillion is required by 2020 for clean energy projects alone


http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/...6#.UqIXR9JDv10

Karl Bohnak, chief meteorologist at WLUC-TV on Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, who calls global warming alarmism his “pet peeve” and finally got so fed up with it that he wrote to his congressman, Democrat Rep. Bart Stupak. He shared his letter in a blog post on his station’s Web site:

Quote:
For years as a broadcast meteorologist, I kept silent about the issue of “global warming.” Declaring skepticism labeled you (and still does) as an anti-environmentalist. After former VP Gore’s movie hit the big screen, I could remain silent no more. “An Inconvenient Truth” was filled with so many gross distortions and outright scientific misrepresentations; I felt it was my obligation to speak out….

CO2 is not a pollutant and it’s not a problem. The problem is rent-seeking corporations looking to cash in on cap and trade and low-output, high-cost alternative energy. As your Michigan House colleague Congressman Dingell says “cap and trade is a tax, and it’s a great big one.” This is not the time to raise energy prices, which is what this bill will surely do. I believe the majority of your constituents will suffer adversely if this legislation is passed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-13-2013, 04:03 PM
corysold's Avatar
corysold corysold is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cortland, IL
Posts: 13,727
Default

Ignore the first snow in Cairo in 112 years and the increasing Antarctic ice caps.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-13-2013, 05:27 PM
piratey's Avatar
piratey piratey is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 7,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corysold View Post
Ignore the first snow in Cairo in 112 years and the increasing Antarctic ice caps.


Also rare snow in Jerusalem, heaviest in 50 years


Some mucky mucks on my image aggregator site I frequent(imgur) made the brilliant comment that "Global warming actually causes it to snow more, it causes extreme weather" Which immediately prompted a face palm from me.
__________________

Last edited by piratey; 12-13-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-13-2013, 06:08 PM
piratey's Avatar
piratey piratey is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 7,299
Default

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/12/1...his-past-week/
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-13-2013, 08:00 PM
corysold's Avatar
corysold corysold is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cortland, IL
Posts: 13,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratey View Post
Yikes. I hope we haven't gone too far the other way and started a small ice age now.

Quick, run your lawn mower for a while!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-13-2013, 08:03 PM
nd1baby's Avatar
nd1baby nd1baby is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,532
Default

I think its a precursor to the antichrist.
__________________
Top o' the world Ma!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Rockne's Shadow Rockne's Shadow is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 434
Default Jez...

I love argument by anecdote. What a pile crap on both sides. It's the "liberals" - give me a break.

If there has been a money grab- it's been by fossil energy producers going back to the Rockefellers. And they will milk that cow until it is dry. Then find another cow.

Jez - green energy, if economically viable - and it is getting more and more viable, is a damn good investment if it ONLY means more energy independence from the instability in the Middle East or the increase harnessing of oil and coal producing nations by China. Fossil fuels are always ultimately controlled by the biggest user and we've been funding China's capital bank to do so by buying all their products and selling them all our debt.

By the way, the biggest investors in green energy my friends?? It is not by "liberals" - nope they are pouring it into TIAA CREF Social Investment mutual fund. The biggest investors in green energy are - TA DA - the big bad energy companies. Biggest wind farms in Texas are owned by that bastion of liberalism, T. Boone Pickens -- a commie-pinko and an A&M fan, which is even worse.

So take all your anecdotally fed opinions, combine them with my anecdotes above and focus your personal energy on more productive arguments like whether Golson should grip by the laces.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Texham Texham is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 272
Default

I don't pretend to know his politics but TBP is definitely not an A&M fan. Check the link.

http://www.okstate.com/facilities/bo...s-stadium.html
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Bubba of the Lake Bubba of the Lake is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 238
Default

Global Warming is a lot like God.

Some believe. Some don't.

In our own lifetimes, we will not know the truth. The answer will be revealed sometime down the road. Thought I'd throw the religion thing in there just to stir up the pot and see where it goes.
__________________
God, Country, Notre Dame.... not necessarily in that order!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-16-2013, 12:51 PM
piratey's Avatar
piratey piratey is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 7,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba of the Lake View Post
Global Warming is a lot like God.

Some believe. Some don't.

In our own lifetimes, we will not know the truth. The answer will be revealed sometime down the road. Thought I'd throw the religion thing in there just to stir up the pot and see where it goes.
Except in the case of God, if you don't want to pay your tithes, you don't have to...

Global warming forces you to pay your tithes. Be it through taxes on your energy...the gas for your car...the hike in cost applied on products from companies that have to pay a carbon tax...the cost of gov't spending on funding for places like Solyndra...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Rockne's Shadow Rockne's Shadow is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 434
Default You are correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texham View Post
I don't pretend to know his politics but TBP is definitely not an A&M fan. Check the link.

http://www.okstate.com/facilities/bo...s-stadium.html
I stand corrected - the cowboys.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-17-2013, 12:01 AM
Jim2Dokes Jim2Dokes is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratey View Post
Except in the case of God, if you don't want to pay your tithes, you don't have to...

Global warming forces you to pay your tithes. Be it through taxes on your energy...the gas for your car...the hike in cost applied on products from companies that have to pay a carbon tax...the cost of gov't spending on funding for places like Solyndra...
Wait when did we start paying GOD?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-17-2013, 12:17 AM
1qa 1qa is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratey View Post
Except in the case of God, if you don't want to pay your tithes, you don't have to...

Global warming forces you to pay your tithes. Be it through taxes on your energy...the gas for your car...the hike in cost applied on products from companies that have to pay a carbon tax...the cost of gov't spending on funding for places like Solyndra...
Ahh ... first world worries about Global Warming.

Science suggests there will be an increase FREQUENCY of severe storms, and the weather pattern changes will also make less land arable, and growing seasons different.

These issues will affect the poorest of the world (Bangladesh especially, Many parts of Africa, and probably the Phillipines, and parts of China).

But hey... that's okay... just so long as you don't have to adjust your lifestyle and energy consumption pattern.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-17-2013, 01:34 AM
nickman54's Avatar
nickman54 nickman54 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 2,767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qa View Post
Ahh ... first world worries about Global Warming.

Science suggests there will be an increase FREQUENCY of severe storms, and the weather pattern changes will also make less land arable, and growing seasons different.

These issues will affect the poorest of the world (Bangladesh especially, Many parts of Africa, and probably the Phillipines, and parts of China).

But hey... that's okay... just so long as you don't have to adjust your lifestyle and energy consumption pattern.
Typical Lib response.. We can save everybody by throwing money at it. Climate change is part of a natural cycle that happens within our planet. We cant manipulate it, only adapt or die. Life is futile and fragile, even more so for than those less fortunate. If you haven't noticed the countries that you listed that will be affected the most are either corrupt or total dictatorship/commie countries. We cannot afford to save the world, nor is it our responsibility. If you feel so bad for these people donate YOUR time and MONEY to them, do not try to legislate MY money because I don't give a **** about people that wont fight for their inalienable rights.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Also visit IrishEnvy, our Notre Dame Football partner site

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:08 AM.

Last Updated: September 18, 2019

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.