Notre Dame Football News And Talk  


Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 08-29-2012, 04:29 AM
mcdougal93's Avatar
mcdougal93 mcdougal93 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 5,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJackson'sDred15 View Post
Killing jobs by not building the oil pipeline.... Kind of like all the Republican governors who refused to accept any federal monies so their states could improve their transportation systems and develop high speed rails? That wouldn't have created construction jobs or anything.


And what about the Forbes article Okie? That's not substance? And the fact that you quoted Donald Trump on employment numbers is hilarious.
That Forbes article was written by a left wing nut who got his information from another leftist hack. The link you provided clearly states that the author is the "token lefty." Why is he the token lefty Forbes? Because most economists are fiscal conservatives who realize that Keynesian economics don't work. It's basically watered down socialism. Well, this Rick Ungar guy at Forbes published his commentary http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...-barack-obama/ based on this story that is linked to his article http://articles.marketwatch.com/2012...drunken-sailor written by Rex Nutting. The premise of the Forbes article is based on this which is completely false. Here is the link that debunks both the commentary on Forbes and the piece on marketwatch. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ama-Budgethawk

Nobody really believes that Obama is a small spender. That's fairy dust.
__________________

Last edited by mcdougal93; 08-29-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

  #27  
Old 08-29-2012, 05:48 AM
Texas Rose Texas Rose is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Rose View Post
Who wants to argue with the facts, or worse, refuse to see them and yet presumes to judge what they refused to see? The author of this movie carefully, and without embellishment reveals and backs up facts that are sobering. If the truth is your conquest, why do you fear carefully substantiated facts?
I urge everyone who loves our Country to see this movie. You will see the incontravartable facts that are well documented and whatever side of the fence you are on, you will come away with a keen understanding of Obama's history and his life view. Then his denial of the pipeline, spending us into subservience to our debtors, mandates that illegally usurp congresses power and process and slap us with greater burdens of debt and laws, weakening of our military, funnelling of arms to drug cartels and ?, denial of his circle of closest friends and mentors, absolute irresponsibility, vast secrecy and arrogant absence of accountability with "stimulus" funds, strange coldness and animosity to Israel while coddeling those countries that bully and threaten her, and astounding disrespect for those who build small business, and his encouragement of division and jealousy among races and classes -- well - it all makes sense. In Obamas own words that he thought were off mic to the Russian leader - he promised much more "leverage" after he is re elected. Because of one of his "mandates" which is his self made edict, Catholic institutions like schools and hospitals are being forced to either close or drop their employees insurance rather than violate our conscience. If this is what Obama will do in an election year prior to reelection, what will he do after when he thinks he will have greater "leverage???"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-29-2012, 11:47 AM
ndjohn's Avatar
ndjohn ndjohn is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wouldn't you wanna know
Posts: 310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Rose View Post
I urge everyone who loves our Country to see this movie. You will see the incontravartable facts that are well documented and whatever side of the fence you are on, you will come away with a keen understanding of Obama's history and his life view. Then his denial of the pipeline, spending us into subservience to our debtors, mandates that illegally usurp congresses power and process and slap us with greater burdens of debt and laws, weakening of our military, funnelling of arms to drug cartels and ?, denial of his circle of closest friends and mentors, absolute irresponsibility, vast secrecy and arrogant absence of accountability with "stimulus" funds, strange coldness and animosity to Israel while coddeling those countries that bully and threaten her, and astounding disrespect for those who build small business, and his encouragement of division and jealousy among races and classes -- well - it all makes sense. In Obamas own words that he thought were off mic to the Russian leader - he promised much more "leverage" after he is re elected. Because of one of his "mandates" which is his self made edict, Catholic institutions like schools and hospitals are being forced to either close or drop their employees insurance rather than violate our conscience. If this is what Obama will do in an election year prior to reelection, what will he do after when he thinks he will have greater "leverage???"
Everyone that sees this movie seems to get an understanding of what Obama is about by learnig where he came from. He is not a true democrat. He is not a true American. His background is very anti American and he is trying to dismantle our country, and doing a pretty good job of it.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Scotty88's Avatar
Scotty88 Scotty88 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,135
Default

This movie is basically a long-format political commercial to help Mitt Romney and the Republican Party win the 2012 election. It was funded by a small group of very wealthy conservative businessmenÖ thatís all a superPAC is, but since itís a movie and not a commercial or robo call they donít have to file as a SuperPAC.


http://www.blareshare.com/politics/i...m-mitt-romney/


interesting..the libs should do one on Mitt, how can we know Mitt w/out those returns? What is he hiding? This could actually be a "docu-drama"
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-29-2012, 02:53 PM
ndjohn's Avatar
ndjohn ndjohn is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wouldn't you wanna know
Posts: 310
Default

[quote=Scotty88;436538]This movie is basically a long-format political commercial to help Mitt Romney and the Republican Party win the 2012 election. It was funded by a small group of very wealthy conservative businessmen… that’s all a superPAC is, but since it’s a movie and not a commercial or robo call they don’t have to file as a SuperPAC.


I will see the movie soon.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-29-2012, 03:05 PM
OklahomaIrish's Avatar
OklahomaIrish OklahomaIrish is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Posts: 10,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty88 View Post
This movie is basically a long-format political commercial to help Mitt Romney and the Republican Party win the 2012 election. It was funded by a small group of very wealthy conservative businessmenÖ thatís all a superPAC is, but since itís a movie and not a commercial or robo call they donít have to file as a SuperPAC.


http://www.blareshare.com/politics/i...m-mitt-romney/


interesting..the libs should do one on Mitt, how can we know Mitt w/out those returns? What is he hiding? This could actually be a "docu-drama"
It doesn't matter who funded it as long as they have the well being of our country in mind. The movie sticks to facts and that is what is important. It is obvious when you see the movie that it is a good and wholesome attempt to save our country.

Of course the liberals are going to attack Mitt Romney on his taxes. Wouldn't you if you had such a pathetic record to run on?? The problem is, the tax returns that have been released show millions of dollars in charitable contributions. On the other hand, the returns by Joe Biden show a pathetic contribution to the poor. Supposedly they are the party that wants to help the poor, but the fruit from the tree is rotten. Jesus taught us how to recognize these scoundrels.

Still no substance. NONE...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-29-2012, 03:21 PM
jessemoore97 jessemoore97 is online now
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 3,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJackson'sDred15 View Post
Killing jobs by not building the oil pipeline.... Kind of like all the Republican governors who refused to accept any federal monies so their states could improve their transportation systems and develop high speed rails? That wouldn't have created construction jobs or anything.


And what about the Forbes article Okie? That's not substance? And the fact that you quoted Donald Trump on employment numbers is hilarious.
P, I'm not sure if your high speed rail is only refering to passenger travel or freight. I know locally there has been a movement to have a high speed passenger rail from Iowa City to Chicago, of course funded by the Feds. One of the biggest hurdles to the rail has been whether its actually needed and how many would actually use this service to keep it viable. To say the least its been a very difficult sell to us locals.

I'm all for upgrading our infrastructure nationwide, especially the rail services. I would be elated to see the major freight lines become more efficient and available for the transporting of goods across the county. This would greatly reduce semi traffic on the roadways, which would help to preserve our major highways, reduce traffic flow, reduce CO2 emmitions, reduce repairs to roads and bridges, and speed up the transport of those goods and services.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Scotty88's Avatar
Scotty88 Scotty88 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklahomaIrish View Post
It doesn't matter who funded it as long as they have the well being of our country in mind. The movie sticks to facts and that is what is important. It is obvious when you see the movie that it is a good and wholesome attempt to save our country.

Of course the liberals are going to attack Mitt Romney on his taxes. Wouldn't you if you had such a pathetic record to run on?? The problem is, the tax returns that have been released show millions of dollars in charitable contributions. On the other hand, the returns by Joe Biden show a pathetic contribution to the poor. Supposedly they are the party that wants to help the poor, but the fruit from the tree is rotten. Jesus taught us how to recognize these scoundrels.

Still no substance. NONE...
yeah, not planning on catching this one

...and good toss with that first stone, be proud
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Texas Rose Texas Rose is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 42
Default

Have you SEEN this movie? Whether you are republican, democrat, tea party, or independent, if you are interested in indisputable facts about the identity and agenda of this president, you will find them in the movie. Please don't vote in the dark when the future of our free country depends upon each one of us.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Scotty88's Avatar
Scotty88 Scotty88 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Rose View Post
Have you SEEN this movie? Whether you are republican, democrat, tea party, or independent, if you are interested in indisputable facts about the identity and agenda of this president, you will find them in the movie. Please don't vote in the dark when the future of our free country depends upon each one of us.
In the post above I said I did not and do not plan to. I do not think you or Okla have a grasp on "factual" or "indisputable".

The filmmaker had an agenda and will not disclose who financed the movie...similar to Romney hiding his taxes.



"I'm not concerned about the very poor, there is a safety net there" -Mitt Romney
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-29-2012, 04:48 PM
OklahomaIrish's Avatar
OklahomaIrish OklahomaIrish is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Posts: 10,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty88 View Post
In the post above I said I did not and do not plan to. I do not think you or Okla have a grasp on "factual" or "indisputable".

The filmmaker had an agenda and will not disclose who financed the movie...similar to Romney hiding his taxes.



"I'm not concerned about the very poor, there is a safety net there" -Mitt Romney

Well, obviously Romney is very concerned about the poor as evidenced by his generous contributions to them. Again, the facts are indisputable as they come straight from Obama. Would still like to hear from those who have seen the movie so that your opinion will have some meaning. I know it has grossed about 10 million and people cheer and clap afterwards. It is an awesome movie!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Brirish09's Avatar
Brirish09 Brirish09 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fresno, Ca
Posts: 495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty88 View Post
In the post above I said I did not and do not plan to. I do not think you or Okla have a grasp on "factual" or "indisputable".

The filmmaker had an agenda and will not disclose who financed the movie...similar to Romney hiding his taxes.



"I'm not concerned about the very poor, there is a safety net there" -Mitt Romney
Does it matter who financed the movie? Or is it just important that the movies claims can all be substantiated with actual facts?

Do you really want to get into funding issues? You don't want to take the conversation there, you'll just look stupid.

Your arguments are just like your beloved leaders--- ALL RHETORIC AND NO SUBSTANCE.

Grow up and make a big boy argument
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Scotty88's Avatar
Scotty88 Scotty88 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,135
Default

Best of luck to you all and your families, the back and forth is pointless.
-enjoy the holiday weekend
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-29-2012, 06:29 PM
nico7980's Avatar
nico7980 nico7980 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Thomas V.I.
Posts: 247
Default

Hey Okie. Can you tell me what's Romneys plans are for America? Or what's a therapy horse is? You know. The one that Romney got a tax write off for around $70,000. Everyone talks about Obamas' influences. What about Ryan and Ann Ryn (sp)? Or the fact that Ryan requires his staff to read it.

Here's a good one. Obama "stole" 716 billion from medicare to pay for ACA. The same $716 billion that's in the Romney/Ryan plan. Are they stealing too? Obamas $716 billion comes from the supply side of tje equation. While RR comes from the beneficiary side. And they are gonna use that to pay for the tax cuts for the wealthy.

Romney panders to whoevere he's talking to at the moment. Hence all of his flip flops on pretty much all of the major issues.

Why can't his plan be scored? Every other plan has been scored. What makes his so special? What about the two wars that Bush started and hadn't paid for? Was the Bush tax cuts paid for? The ones that Ryan rubber stamped. Was he worried about big government then? He bashed the stimulus plan. It won't work and it won't create jobs. But in his letter asking for money. He stated the total opposite. Funny.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Brirish09's Avatar
Brirish09 Brirish09 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fresno, Ca
Posts: 495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty88 View Post
Best of luck to you all and your families, the back and forth is pointless.
-enjoy the holiday weekend
Is that a concession? Haha
Enjoy the *** kicking were about to give to navy!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-29-2012, 06:51 PM
moostache moostache is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Freshman
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 974
Default

Politics is always an emotional discussion and in internet forums that is particularly unproductive due to the total inability to convey subtly in writing - concepts like sarcasm and wit become lost as the reader assigns their own intentions, inflections and bias to ANYTHING written or read online...in that spirit of disclosure I will now rant on....

PRESIDENT Obama (I am so sick of the thinly veiled racism that exists in the continual discourtesy of denying the respect due to the office of the presidency to President Obama by continuously dropping the title and referring only to the officeholder by his surname) is NOT any of the following:

1) A Muslim
2) A Foreigner
3) Anti-American
4) Intentionally crashing the economy or ballooning the debt
5) An Apologist
6) A Socialist
7) A Communist
A Fascist
9) The Anti-Christ

People who buy into these obvious and ham-handed caricatures instantly label themselves as non-serious and agenda driven. There is no "Facts" involved in nearly anything that's getting you all ginned up about President Obama's policies or proposals - only irrational fear, preyed upon and stoked by those who seek power for power's sake and will gladly use your true desire to see something positive as a means to an end and their ends are NOT in harmony with the common good.

Why does the current debt exist? When 2000 gave way to the administration of George W. Bush, the United States Treasury of sound and running an annual budget surplus that COULD AND SHOULD have been used to pay down the existing debt at THAT TIME - the debt that was NOT the result of the demonic Democratic agenda but in fact bequeathed to us from Saint Ronald of Reagan and his defense budgets of the 1980's. At that time, with an opportunity to be a TRUE FISCAL CONSERVATIVE and pay down the debt using the then budget surplus, President Bush and his advisers saw an opportunity to enrich their donors (or as President Bush referred to the super rich as his "base").

Instead of responsibly caring about the debt at a time when we had the fiscal ammunition to actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, the Republican Party and its standard bearers in the Bush Administration decided that the best thing to do was to cut taxes disproportionally for the segments of the population that needed the most assistance to benefit those who did not. For all the bluster and pomp that the religious right likes to display, they are curiously mute on the teachings of our Lord's most famous orations regarding the poor and amassing earthly fortunes in lieu of aiding those who have little or none. Jesus did not come to teach us that the only good in the world is found in Swiss bank accounts or dispensed from dummy corporations in the Caymans.

So, now, when a Democratic administration led by President Obama has inherited the burning embers of the economy that was wrecked by unfunded wars and prescription drug benefits and starved of revenue by tax cuts that have produced the lowest income tax rates in generations and the greatest disparity in the nation since the Gilded Age, now they have once again found religion on the evils of debt.

When Republicans had their chance, they held an auction on the country's future and handed out the biggest benefits to those who paid the most into the campaign coffers and foundations that they liked. The debt was NEVER an issue and representatives no less than then Vice President Cheney went on record as saying and I do quote: "Deficits don't matter."

Now, that they are no longer the party in power and not considered responsible for stewardship of the nation in their own eyes - only seeking a scape goat and future power grabs - the Party of Lincoln is awash in concern about the "exploding debt" and "financial cliff" and everything else that is trumped up and sold as "facts" by slick admen and propagandists of every ilk.

That is a child's understanding and outlook. That is the expectation of the general population, but not what I expect here among intelligent, educated people.

Donald Trump is a blow hard, self-promoting clown. He is NOT a serious man, he is W.C. Fields for the 21st century. He is famous and apparently that gives him currency in the dysfunctional country of ours. That is ridiculous.

Dinnesh D'Souza is a self-serving clown as well. He is attached to such ridiculous arguments as creationism and biblical literacy, often in direct opposition to positions of the Church and yet he is cited and quoted and held up as an authority? That is apostasy.

I could go on and on and on about this, but here's the rub...no one that subscribes to these crack-pot theories and un-serious people like D"Souza, Trump, and even Paul Ryan or Mitt Romney, REALLY wants a debate or an educated discussion on it...they want to shout slogans and talking points and scream down those who would better educated all sides to reach consensus. You are wrong about President Obama and your sources for information are compromised and illegitimate. If you cared about truth and reality, you would break the bondage of the propaganda being fed to you and see this....but that is EXACTLY what you are going to be thinking about me as you read this!

Here's the rub...republicans and conservatives LOVE to scream about the "liberal bias" of the media, but most of the time its not an agenda that is biased against their positions, its just the facts and truth have an inherent bias against those who would manipulate it for personal and tribal gains. You won't believe me and I don't expect you to either...but that does not make me stand on any agenda, just on the truth and facts that you have willingly blinded yourself against.

But good luck with that...
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-29-2012, 07:34 PM
nd1baby's Avatar
nd1baby nd1baby is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,532
Default

---- "administration of George W. Bush,"

President Bush, right?
__________________
Top o' the world Ma!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-29-2012, 07:57 PM
stdntDrvr stdntDrvr is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 1,311
Default

... "Saint Ronald of Reagan"

PRESIDENT Reagan, right?

and how is disliking someone based on their ideals and policies racist? I could care less what color the man's skin is...it's what's between his ears and in his heart that counts.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Scotty88's Avatar
Scotty88 Scotty88 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdntDrvr View Post

and how is disliking someone based on their ideals and policies racist? I could care less what color the man's skin is...it's what's between his ears and in his heart that counts.
glad to hear you are different than these people

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...r_report_.html



Great post moostache, well put.

brirish, you win....enjoy the game as well
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:11 PM
stdntDrvr stdntDrvr is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 1,311
Default

...eh, you've got them on both sides.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:07 PM
NDFan4Life's Avatar
NDFan4Life NDFan4Life is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 261
Default

Liberals in action:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...i-romney-joke/

http://twitchy.com/2012/08/29/sick-w...-house-nigger/

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa..._from_coverage

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...onvention.html
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:46 PM
EddieAngel's Avatar
EddieAngel EddieAngel is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,726
Default

Obama is a progressive (Not a good thing). Obama is a liar. Since I am not one to level such an accusation based on hearsay let me give you a direct example. In 2008 when Obama was debating McCain at Saddleback Church (the church I attend) he was asked directly about his stance on marriage. He said, marriage is between one man and one woman. Obviously, he has since reversed his position on that.

Obama is also against traditional family values. So that we can define that clearly let me say that as a conservative Christian, traditional family values means pro-life, traditional marriage, traditional religion. He does not have to be religious, though I bristle at him saying that he is a Christian, but he does have to support traditional freedom of religion (I know, how dare I ask an elected official to support the founding principals of this country).

He may or may not be any of the things he is accused of, I think it is folly to attack his character. However, the documentary is true information and it is ridiculous to turn a blind eye because of... why again? Refusing to watch true information about our current, and possibly future, president is absolutely asinine. You want to blindly elect the next leader of the free world without knowing all the facts?

That is not loyalty, that is not equality, that is ignorance. And as far as the documentary filmmaker's agenda, he is a conservative traditionalist. His agenda is to ensure a future for his family based on the values that this country was founded on. I have listened to him on the Frank Pastore show (A local Christian talkshow), and I can assure you that he does in fact have an agenda. It just so happens that in this case, he has laid out the facts (And they are well researched and documented facts) and hoped that when armed with accurate information, Americans will make the best choice.

Thanks for bringing this up OK, I am always surprised to hear Irish fans speak out in support of Obama. I suppose that you don't have to support what ND stands for in order to enjoy their football program.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-29-2012, 10:04 PM
moostache moostache is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Freshman
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdntDrvr View Post
... "Saint Ronald of Reagan"

PRESIDENT Reagan, right?

and how is disliking someone based on their ideals and policies racist? I could care less what color the man's skin is...it's what's between his ears and in his heart that counts.
Touche...I am guilty as well in those quoted cases - though the jab at Reagan was different than stating a factual (and respectful) Administration of George W. Bush when referring to the whole and not the individual President Bush - and make no defense other than to say that what I just did pales by comparison to the outright hostility and disrespect show to our current President by members of the opposition party and its adherents, in public, on the air, in print and god knows what they say in private.

You as an individual are not the target of what I was saying - clearly I do not know you on a personal level to make such claims and wouldn't direct them at someone in a forum without cause. You are welcome to wear whatever blinders you want as regards the racism thrown out in the open towards President Obama, but that only calls in question your ability to honestly assess and recognize truth from fiction in my eyes.

Its one thing to say that you personally do not have racist feelings towards the President, but to insist that the Republican Party in general and many specific members of Congress, Senators and large donors likewise do not is fallacy.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-29-2012, 10:05 PM
nico7980's Avatar
nico7980 nico7980 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Thomas V.I.
Posts: 247
Default

[quote=EddieAngel;436861]Obama is a progressive (Not a good thing). Obama is a liar. Since I am not one to level such an accusation based on hearsay let me give you a direct example. In 2008 when Obama was debating McCain at Saddleback Church (the church I attend) he was asked directly about his stance on marriage. He said, marriage is between one man and one woman. Obviously, he has since reversed his position on that.

Wow.. Liar.. I've never seen a President attacked like this guy has been.. From the disrespect of being called a liar during a speech. To the racist emails and pics that have been circulated by Tea Party folks and Republicans.. Most if not all politicians lie..

Romney doesn't lie does he..


Last edited by nico7980; 08-29-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-29-2012, 10:20 PM
EddieAngel's Avatar
EddieAngel EddieAngel is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,726
Default

[quote=nico7980;436875]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieAngel View Post
Obama is a progressive (Not a good thing). Obama is a liar. Since I am not one to level such an accusation based on hearsay let me give you a direct example. In 2008 when Obama was debating McCain at Saddleback Church (the church I attend) he was asked directly about his stance on marriage. He said, marriage is between one man and one woman. Obviously, he has since reversed his position on that.

Wow.. Liar.. I've never seen a President attacked like this guy has been.. From the disrespect of being called a liar during a speech. To the racist emails and pics that have been circulated by Tea Party folks and Republicans.. Most if not all politicians lie..

Romney doesn't lie does he..

I wasn't comparing one to the other or endorsing a candidate. I was seconding what OK said in saying that people should collect as much information as possible and make an informed decision when they vote. Ignoring this documentary is foolish. Truth be told, I am not super excited to vote for Romney, but I feel that he is more likely to support the values of my family than Obama is. And every president is attacked just like this guy is, it just so happens that there is a lot more to attack about Obama.

*shrug*
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Also visit IrishEnvy, our Notre Dame Football partner site

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:48 PM.

Last Updated: September 18, 2019

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.