Notre Dame Football News And Talk  


Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Recruiting Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-10-2012, 02:19 AM
AZDomer's Avatar
AZDomer AZDomer is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 333
Default Ty Isaac.....

Watched his highlights again, this is my 2013 recruiting infatuation.

1) excellent top end speed.
2) very elusive
3) very good hands

Also would make an excellent receiver, its like Mike Floyd as TB.
__________________
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

  #2  
Old 03-10-2012, 02:27 AM
irishziggy's Avatar
irishziggy irishziggy is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 7,624
Send a message via AIM to irishziggy
Default

him & Onawalu are the perfect RB/Slot WR types that this offense looking for.
__________________
"Football is a game played with arms, legs and shoulders but mostly from the neck up." - Knute Rockne



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-10-2012, 02:48 AM
Classic Irish Classic Irish is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 346
Default

I read on IE that he's spending the weekend in Ann Arbor. Others think he may be a Michigan lean. I hope not.
__________________
Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice: pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-10-2012, 04:51 AM
NDhoosier's Avatar
NDhoosier NDhoosier is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 6,716
Default

If he doesnt commit to scUM this weekend, I would say our chances or decent with him...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-10-2012, 03:41 PM
JDAtlanta JDAtlanta is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta via Tucson via Atlanta via Chicago
Posts: 301
Default You know

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDhoosier View Post
If he doesnt commit to scUM this weekend, I would say our chances or decent with him...
Hoke is going to put the full court press on, to get Isaac to commit this weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-10-2012, 09:46 PM
irishwavend's Avatar
irishwavend irishwavend is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Happiest Place on Earth, FL
Posts: 6,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDhoosier View Post
If he doesnt commit to scUM this weekend, I would say our chances or decent with him...
Wow... Going out on a limb with that statement.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-10-2012, 09:49 PM
NDhoosier's Avatar
NDhoosier NDhoosier is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 6,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
Wow... Going out on a limb with that statement.
if that is how you take it, that's fine, no need to explain things...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-11-2012, 05:06 PM
2lakes's Avatar
2lakes 2lakes is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Krueger Neighborhood, Michigan City, IN
Posts: 11,047
Default

If he doesn't choose Michigan soon, there is a good chance he will choose someone, Michigan or someone else, later. It all depends on several factors.
__________________
The Indiana General Assembly granted the school its charter on January 15, 1844 under the name University of Notre Dame du Lac. While the translation of the French is "Our Lady of the Lake," the university actually has two lakes on its campus.

* * * * * * * * * *
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-11-2012, 07:45 PM
NDsection23's Avatar
NDsection23 NDsection23 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Freshman
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Suburbs of Boston
Posts: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lakes View Post
If he doesn't choose Michigan soon, there is a good chance he will choose someone, Michigan or someone else, later. It all depends on several factors.
I'm calling BS on this! What a bunch of baseless speculation!
__________________
S.C.S.B.C.

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-11-2012, 08:13 PM
rocket31's Avatar
rocket31 rocket31 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,083
Default

rumors that he is receiving a lot of pressure to commit to Um this weekend.

so if i were him, I WOULD COMMIT TO HOKE, save my spot, and then decomit if i find a better option.

hokes "commit now or we are moving on to someone else" recruiting plan will backfire if these kids smarten up.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-11-2012, 08:24 PM
ColinKSU's Avatar
ColinKSU ColinKSU is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,329
Send a message via AIM to ColinKSU
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket31 View Post
rumors that he is receiving a lot of pressure to commit to Um this weekend.

so if i were him, I WOULD COMMIT TO HOKE, save my spot, and then decomit if i find a better option.

hokes "commit now or we are moving on to someone else" recruiting plan will backfire if these kids smarten up.
If Isaac really believes Michigan would move on without him if he wanted to wait, he must not value his talent very much. Every school that offers him would wait beyond LOI day for his signature.
__________________
Trying my best to care less and less about sports.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-11-2012, 11:51 PM
AtLeastMySisWasIrish AtLeastMySisWasIrish is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 1,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDhoosier View Post
if that is how you take it, that's fine, no need to explain things...
He's right though. Not calling you out directly but what the hell do you think a staff would do if they are successful in getting a kid to take an unofficial this early in the process? Especially one with his bona fides...the conversation sure as hell won't be about the unusually warm weather we had today...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-12-2012, 12:55 AM
irishwavend's Avatar
irishwavend irishwavend is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Happiest Place on Earth, FL
Posts: 6,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDhoosier View Post
if that is how you take it, that's fine, no need to explain things...
The thing is, you didn't explain anything. And you took a stance that has about a 90% chance of being correct with such huge generalities. It's damn near saying, well, if Notre Dame doesn't run the ball on the next play, there's a decent chance they'll pass... Insightful...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-12-2012, 07:37 PM
NDhoosier's Avatar
NDhoosier NDhoosier is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 6,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
The thing is, you didn't explain anything. And you took a stance that has about a 90% chance of being correct with such huge generalities. It's damn near saying, well, if Notre Dame doesn't run the ball on the next play, there's a decent chance they'll pass... Insightful...
you are really starting to **** me off with your demeaning attitude. If you actually care to think outside the box instead of trying to berate other members of the board, you would figure it out yourself. Its obvious that scUM is pressuring him to commit this weekend, if he doesnt commit now, it could turn out similar to the Neal incident with O$U... lemme guess, you were one of the pessimists who thought Neal was not committing to us either.

Last edited by NDhoosier; 03-12-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-12-2012, 10:41 PM
brian_nd88 brian_nd88 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Freshman
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 942
Default

so any news on how his weekend went?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-13-2012, 03:39 AM
IrishLeopard IrishLeopard is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: youngstown, oh
Posts: 1,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_nd88 View Post
so any news on how his weekend went?
Under the impression that he didn't commit
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-08-2012, 03:48 AM
jarious jarious is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,460
Default

Per Rivals, this kid is focused on his final 3, reportedly decision by August.

USC, Michigan, ND.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-08-2012, 04:12 AM
Ital-Irish's Avatar
Ital-Irish Ital-Irish is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fort Gratiot, Michigan
Posts: 1,325
Send a message via AIM to Ital-Irish
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarious View Post
Per Rivals, this kid is focused on his final 3, reportedly decision by August.

USC, Michigan, ND.
Please don't take this as me getting on you, but hasn't that been the common thought for a while? And Rivals sells this as news?
__________________
twitter.com/paulcostanzo
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-08-2012, 04:51 AM
jarious jarious is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ital-Irish View Post
Please don't take this as me getting on you, but hasn't that been the common thought for a while? And Rivals sells this as news?
No worries, it was news to me that he had narrowed it to three.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-08-2012, 04:52 AM
OKCIrish99's Avatar
OKCIrish99 OKCIrish99 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 5,229
Default

I would be pretty surprised if he ends up Irish as he's specifically seeking a pro offense. Would also be surprised if he doesn't land at USC as he seems pretty enamored with them. Seems like a classic, tough Midwest back so could him at UM/ND but all signs point to USC.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-08-2012, 04:55 AM
OklahomaIrish's Avatar
OklahomaIrish OklahomaIrish is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Posts: 10,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lakes View Post
If he doesn't choose Michigan soon, there is a good chance he will choose someone, Michigan or someone else, later. It all depends on several factors.
They just don't see your humor 2Lakes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-08-2012, 02:51 PM
smaster's Avatar
smaster smaster is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 3,392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCIrish99 View Post
I would be pretty surprised if he ends up Irish as he's specifically seeking a pro offense. Would also be surprised if he doesn't land at USC as he seems pretty enamored with them. Seems like a classic, tough Midwest back so could him at UM/ND but all signs point to USC.
He's an incredible athlete and I'd LOVE to have him, but right now I put him in the "bonus" category. A commit from Green would more than satisfy our RB needs. Anyone think that Isaac and Green are mutually exclusive anyway? Like if one commits to ND, the other will drop us?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-08-2012, 04:05 PM
yikityyakirish's Avatar
yikityyakirish yikityyakirish is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Memphis,TN
Posts: 2,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaster View Post
He's an incredible athlete and I'd LOVE to have him, but right now I put him in the "bonus" category. A commit from Green would more than satisfy our RB needs. Anyone think that Isaac and Green are mutually exclusive anyway? Like if one commits to ND, the other will drop us?
Seems pretty likely and im pretty sure we're only after 1 rb this year....and we have two great recruits who could fill that slot...i personally think Isaac is better than Green but they are both elite recruits for sure
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-08-2012, 06:15 PM
NDhoosier's Avatar
NDhoosier NDhoosier is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 6,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikityyakirish View Post
Seems pretty likely and im pretty sure we're only after 1 rb this year....and we have two great recruits who could fill that slot...i personally think Isaac is better than Green but they are both elite recruits for sure
I think Isaac is better than Green, but Green fits our spread offense much better than Isaac does. I would gladly take either though.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Domer Dude Domer Dude is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,699
Default

Both would be great. Isaac is a weapon with his size and overall athleticism.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Also visit IrishEnvy, our Notre Dame Football partner site

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:49 AM.

Last Updated: February 15, 2020

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.