Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Recruiting Board

Old 09-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackhawkIrish View Post
After an exciting win I think its time project a mock finish to the class. These are my educated guesses and admittedly very optimistic. But if we win 11+ games I feel this is a feasible finish.

RB-Stovall/Alloway-either would be a great scat back to complement Jones

WR-McKinley/Corley-one of these two should be Irish and I'm hard-pressed to choose one over the other

DE-Hayes, Betiku-This is where national titles are made. Hayes seems to be a distinct possibility already, and many have said ND has the only shot to flip Betiku, winning could convince him to join

DT-? I feel we need 1 DT but have no idea who that might be. Rashan Gary has talked OV but I need him on campus to even optimistically project him to Notre Dame

LB-Caleb Kelly/Dontavious Jackson, DJ Morgan-It seems like Morgan is coming on board, perhaps due to a chance of a Perry departure. The staff seems to want one big fish linebacker and both Kelly and Jackson seem interested

CB-Donte Vaughn, Troy Warner- Vaughn is close to locked up, and I think Warner or maybe Lamar Jackson would give an elite CB in what could be an outstanding class

S-Demetris Robertson, 2 of Jordan Fuller/Marquez Callaway/Brandon Burton/Damar Hamlin/Devin Studstill- ND is trending with Robertson and is in the thick of it for these other 5 stud safeties. It would be almost disappointing if an 11 win Irish team didn't get a pair of them.

That would leave a 25 man class, allowing for 1 decommit(always happens), that takes care of business at every position. Its a little more than we thought at the beginning of the cycle but attrition seems to always be more than we expect.
This all seems reasonable to me. I think ND has an outside shot at Craig-Myers as Denson is doing some work. If ND has a big year, he is one kid that understands losing football, could be a perfect storm. Not sold Corley truly has interest again, need more proof.

LB depends if Hayes stays at LB and rushes the passer or turns into a DE. Jonathan Jones is a guy I could see the Irish landing. Jackson would be amazing. Then like you said Morgan or Perry as another LB type. Hansford also showed interest in ND and showed out well at the Opening. ND is in a good place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegasIrish View Post
We can probably add about 8-10 more players in this cycle which would put us at 22-24. Tranfers and medical hardships seem to happen every year so it should all work itself out. Guy like Fuller, Redfield, Luke, etc. could all look to go pro as well. I think it just depends. I really hope it's a 24 man class, so the staff doesn't have to turn some of these guys away.
As ND currently sits I think this is correct, 22-24. The class started at 18 with possibility to push 20 depending on how things went.

Last edited by Big23Head; 09-09-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 09-09-2015, 07:27 PM

Good article here on Elliot and his visit. Has some quotes from him about some of the other ND targets as well.

http://on.scout.com/33UaJV
Old 09-09-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Good article here on Elliot and his visit. Has some quotes from him about some of the other ND targets as well.

http://on.scout.com/33UaJV
I liked the part about the candy wall, mmmmm.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:24 PM

- ND is still sitting strong with Vaughn, Morgan and Alloway. All realistically could be committed within the next month.

- Hansford is the only 2016 prospect in town for this weekend, as of now. Nice LB, needs to add a little size but great in coverage and speed.

- I answered someone before about probably not looking at another RB unless they were elite. ND is still talking with Kameron Martin out of Texas. Right now I don't see it going anywhere, but they may continue to target top tier guys.

- WR Theo Howard says he will OV to ND, most likely the USC game. The teams invovled for him are USC, UCLA, A&M and ND.

- Troy Warner decided to stay west and committed to BYU. The only coach he called to inform, other than BYU, was Coach Lyght. Lyght is building a great rapport in recruiting, he will be a force soon.

- Damar Hamlin set up an OV for the USC game and ND appears to be rising with him.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:25 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Thanks Big23 as always! we all look forward to your updates. Is Hayes getting cooler?
Old 09-18-2015, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwinely View Post
Thanks Big23 as always! we all look forward to your updates. Is Hayes getting cooler?
Everything I see has Hayes at ND when all is said and done. Fairly widespread too.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big23Head View Post
Everything I see has Hayes at ND when all is said and done. Fairly widespread too.
Same thing happened with Jones last year. Many people thought he cooled on ND a bit after Loy and others predicted he would be NDs because he was still attending UCLA games and tweeting good things about UCLA. I think Hayes is a very similar situation...his pic with Sark the other day doesn't mean too much IMO.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
That would be awesome. Sure hope so. Believe I read he grew up a ND fan.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:29 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Same thing happened with Jones last year. Many people thought he cooled on ND a bit after Loy and others predicted he would be NDs because he was still attending UCLA games and tweeting good things about UCLA. I think Hayes is a very similar situation...his pic with Sark the other day doesn't mean too much IMO.
Especially since he looked like it was the last place he wanted to be.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:44 PM

- I'd expect 2-3 commits in the next 3 weeks then the USC game could lead to more.

- Things look good with Aaron Hansford.

- Official Visit [UMASS: 9/25]:

LB Jonathan Jones (Offer)
ATH Antjuan Simmons (2017)
DT Dalyn Wade-Perry (2017)

- Demetris Robertson almost made it back to ND last weekend. He is looking to get back sooner than later.

Last edited by Big23Head; 09-24-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:59 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
- I'd expect 2-3 commits in the next 3 weeks then the USC game could lead to more.

- Demetris Robertson almost made it back to ND last weekend. He is looking to get back sooner than later.

Hopefully, Jones gets to South Bend. The last three times I rode Allegiant I was delayed 2,3 and 41/2 hours.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:15 PM

This will be interesting, gives USC unlimited contact I believe. I think ND is still strongly in this though. It does appear Sark/USC is doing whatever they can to keep him. This will be interesting.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
This will be interesting, gives USC unlimited contact I believe. I think ND is still strongly in this though. It does appear Sark/USC is doing whatever they can to keep him. This will be interesting.

Loy is looking into seeing if Hayes intends to this with ND as well. Who are the other recruits besides Vaughn you expect to pull the trigger soon?
Old 09-24-2015, 07:24 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

Quote:

Thanks for the info! Who are the 2 or 3 guys that you expect to commit before USC?
Old 09-24-2015, 08:18 PM

- DJ Morgan, Donte Vaughn and a possible 2017.

- Chacho Ulloa is announcing Oct 13, this is before all his OVs. He will then OV to the school he chooses. I would guess Stanford right now and that's ok with me. Stanford seemed to gain some momentum lately.

Last edited by Big23Head; 09-24-2015 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
- DJ Morgan, Donte Vaughn and a possible 2017.

- Chacho Ulloa is announcing Oct 13, this is before all his OVs. He will then OV to the school he chooses. I would guess Stanford right now and that's ok with me. Stanford seemed to gain some momentum lately.
That's pretty much what I was thinking as well. I'd be down with that in the next coming weeks. Looks like the LB from Michigan, forgot his name, might commit this weekend during his visit.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:44 AM

Looks like the injury bug is starting to rub off on the ND commits too. Must be the ND staff 😉 Perry and Ogundeji both out for season.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:47 PM

Khalid Kareem has set an OV to ND. Not sure what game. DE who had interest in ND, but committed to Bama awhile back now. Could be big news.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Khalid Kareem has set an OV to ND. Not sure what game. DE who had interest in ND, but committed to Bama awhile back now. Could be big news.
I'd take him, Hayes and Betiku and call it a day on the D-Line.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corysold View Post
I'd take him, Hayes and Betiku and call it a day on the D-Line.
At this point, we've gotten back in with a good amount of elite level guys. Those 3 and Robertson. Give me 1 of those guys and Robertson for the secondary and I'd be very happy.

Seems like every year we are in it with a few stud Bama verbals for awhile, but never seem to flip them. Last year it was Scarbrough, Brown and Fitzpatrick. This year it's Kareem and Robertson (already de-committed). It'd be nice to poach them for a change.

Last edited by LasVegasIrish; 10-01-2015 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
At this point, we've gotten back in with a good amount of elite level guys. Those 3 and Robertson. Give me 1 of those guys and Robertson for the secondary and I'd be very happy.

Seems like every year we are in it with a few stud Bama verbals for awhile, but never seem to flip them. Last year it was Scarbrough, Brown and Fitzpatrick. This year it's Kareem and Robertson (already de-committed). It'd be nice to poach them for a change.
Kids are looking for a free trip to ND......Wouldn't you???.......It's all good til they see the course work......It usually stops there.....

Too much virtue is gonna hurt you!!

Clarity
The moment when you realize the preseason polls were wrong. Again.

ASBC!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfschellcrna View Post
Kids are looking for a free trip to ND......Wouldn't you???.......It's all good til they see the course work......It usually stops there.....
I understand that. Many kids take all the OVs and just enjoy the process. You can usually tell if there is legitimate interest, however. Brown's last year and Robertson's this year is definitely legit.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:43 PM

I dont mind if they are just going through the process. Eventually, it will flip a kid that initially never had interest in ND. ND is not hurting for money, so give as many official visits as you are allowed.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:46 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDhoosier View Post
I dont mind if they are just going through the process. Eventually, it will flip a kid that initially never had interest in ND. ND is not hurting for money, so give as many official visits as you are allowed.
Isaac Rochell just said yesterday he was going to Clemson until his mom made him visit ND.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDhoosier View Post
It happens a good amount. Wimbush was the same way pretty much. Bryant is another. Every year there are kids that don't really consider ND until someone puts it their mind.