Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Recruiting Board

Old 07-17-2019, 09:03 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by golson5 View Post
Yeah another big season can really help close this class out with top guys and open the floodgates for 21. I heard we still communicate with justin Robinson as well. Out of those 4 guys, who would you say we have the best chance of getting?
Probably Watts right now. Greene still needs to get on campus before I peg him as the one, but he has a really good relationship with Tyree and is looking to visit for the USC game with him. Good be a game changer.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 07-19-2019, 06:23 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Agree at te, rb. Lt, dt. Not sold on pyne myself. We started off getting our guys but we definitely have been missing last 2 months.
Pyne looks a lot like Book. He doesn’t have a big arm, but his accuracy is outstanding. What gives me some concern is the level of competition he faces and as a result, he probably doesn’t get a lot of pressure. I want to see how his accuracy holds up while he’s facing a real Pass Rush.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:19 PM

Last edited by Big23Head; 07-22-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:25 PM

The dead period ends this week and players can visit schools again this weekend. Nothing much should happen on the ND front. Most likely the coaches reconvene to gather the next group of players they want to keep an eye on or offer. I think recruiting will now head into the fall with a few players visiting in the first month. USC will be the big recruiting weekend but most of those guys will be 2021 recruits mixed in with the 2020 commits. If I'm ND I wait to see how the season is going through September then go from there. Leave 2 spots open for a while to see who comes calling.

Right now at DB it seems like J. Thompson is quite interested, Greene is all talk for now but positive talk, Gonzalez is a very hard read for all schools, and Henderson would be a very questionable take IMO (I do not like his film at all). Some higher level guys like Dontae Manning and Ryan Watts have a wandering eye. These are the reasons I said take it into the fall, get a couple of guys on campus, and see what happens with the first part of the season.

Last edited by Big23Head; 07-22-2019 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:34 PM

Christian Gonzalez announcing in the next few weeks, very likely not for ND. Jerrin Thompson was offered by Texas, ND slowed played and Texas will probably be the front runner now. Don't understand the Thompson situation. Time will tell.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:14 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big23Head View Post
Christian Gonzalez announcing in the next few weeks, very likely not for ND. Jerrin Thompson was offered by Texas, ND slowed played and Texas will probably be the front runner now. Don't understand the Thompson situation. Time will tell.
Isn't it possible that no matter what ND did, Texas was always the favorite school/dream school for this kid from Texas? Not sure if fast or slow playing would matter in that situation.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJackson'sDred15 View Post
Isn't it possible that no matter what ND did, Texas was always the favorite school/dream school for this kid from Texas? Not sure if fast or slow playing would matter in that situation.
No doubt. I moreso meant ND will likely have no way to find out now. Had they at least allowed him to visit campus maybe ND was actually a school he would have loved but it also may not have mattered.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:44 AM

DBs Collin Gamble and Ramon Henderson locked in OVs for the Virginia game.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:09 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Default Sticky Thought

Any chance that DD can sticky more years of Big's Recruiting Prospects threads? This time of year I find myself going back to Big's earlier recruiting threads as players move up the ranks an are mentioned in interviews, pressers, etc.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:42 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

So with Allen transferring do we go after more DBs? Do any of the DBs who used to be on the list have renewed interest since early playing time could be there?
Old 08-09-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFA03_HUGENDFAN View Post
So with Allen transferring do we go after more DBs? Do any of the DBs who used to be on the list have renewed interest since early playing time could be there?
I think the transfer was a two way street meaning ND was ok with him leaving because he doesn't fit the safety position they want and he does not want to be a LB (which was what his recruitment was all about as other schools wanted him at LB). It does free up a spot and it also makes ND thin at safety for 2020. That said, I think it only really changes things if a great to elite safety is interested because a project safety doesn't help you in 2020. Regardless 2021 is a very important year for ND and DB recruiting.
Old 08-10-2019, 01:22 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Thanks Big.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:08 PM

Old 08-29-2019, 03:47 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Man, recruiting is dead right now.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Man, recruiting is dead right now.
Yes it is. ND will probably only take a couple more recruits this cycle so there is no need to push. Gamble and Henderson visit next month. I'll post highlights of the recruits in there commitment threads.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:50 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big23Head View Post
Yes it is. ND will probably only take a couple more recruits this cycle so there is no need to push. Gamble and Henderson visit next month. I'll post highlights of the recruits in there commitment threads.
A big season should lead to higher profile guys taking another look at ND. I hope we can finish this class out with stronger guys than those mentioned.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
A big season should lead to higher profile guys taking another look at ND. I hope we can finish this class out with stronger guys than those mentioned.
I agree. Iíd wait 4-5 games see where things stand. By all accounts the staff likes both guys a lot. Iím all for Gamble. He has some Crawford and Wallace to him. Iím all for guys like that and coming from states like Texas and Georgia. Hendersonís film was awful to me. Didnít seem to be fluid or have a lot of desire. He tests great but whatever I guess.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:27 PM

Collin Gamble out, likely headed to Cal. Hopefully a solid season from ND brings a strong DB candidate later in the season.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:44 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Hard to understand why DB recruiting can't seem to get any traction. Lack of depth is really going to show after this year. We lose alot and I've recently read where Crawford isn't going to seek a 6th year from the NCAA.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:06 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain 19 View Post
Hard to understand why DB recruiting can't seem to get any traction. Lack of depth is really going to show after this year. We lose alot and I've recently read where Crawford isn't going to seek a 6th year from the NCAA.
He said that, but he could change his mind. I remember Jonathan Bonner said that he wasn't going to pursue a 5th year at the end of the 2017 season, but then he ended up doing it. Hopefully Crawford changes his mind because the cupboard is bare at CB.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain 19 View Post
Lotta season still and things change quickly in recruiting. ND still in it for guys like Malcolm Greene and Justin Robinson. Some other guys committed elsewhere without offers yet as well being tracked. Another good season could change a ton. But yes, DB recruiting is at least somewhat concerning, but 3 guys the staff likes are committed.