Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Old 06-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend

Default "From my cold dead hand!!"

Although I will be exempt, Mayor Luecke is trying hard to make South Bend even MORE dangerous,,,,

http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines/19677674.html

Read the comments below the article. I think they pretty much say it all.

(Sitting here shaking my head in disgust!)

"
If we were in the wild, I would attack u. Even if u weren’t in my food chain, I would go out of my way to attack u!" ~Manti Teo

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 06-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Default Sad....

Not a very well thought out law thats for sure. Here in Iowa every county sheriff issues the CCW permits and its pretty much up to their whims if anyone gets issued one. For instance in my county it has been the policy of the past few sheriffs not to issue CCW for people who meet all the requirements. Why, because you have to have a reason, specifically you have to prove that you carry X amount of cash, like $500-$1,000 on you at all times to justify having a CCW to defend the money but not yourself. Thankfully the current sheriff is retiring and both the D and R in the upcoming elections are looking to greatly loosen the restrictions.

Another really dumb but true law is that there are no guns allowed at schools, but there is no exception to law enforcement either. Now call me stupid but if I happen to be picking my kid up from school or one of my fellow officers, I would think these would be the people you'd want around in case some *ss hole starts shooting.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemoore97 View Post
Not a very well thought out law thats for sure. Here in Iowa every county sheriff issues the CCW permits and its pretty much up to their whims if anyone gets issued one. For instance in my county it has been the policy of the past few sheriffs not to issue CCW for people who meet all the requirements. Why, because you have to have a reason, specifically you have to prove that you carry X amount of cash, like $500-$1,000 on you at all times to justify having a CCW to defend the money but not yourself. Thankfully the current sheriff is retiring and both the D and R in the upcoming elections are looking to greatly loosen the restrictions.

Another really dumb but true law is that there are no guns allowed at schools, but there is no exception to law enforcement either. Now call me stupid but if I happen to be picking my kid up from school or one of my fellow officers, I would think these would be the people you'd want around in case some *ss hole starts shooting.
Yep!! Or any good law abiding citizen for that matter.

If some active shooter is spraying lead in MY daughters school, I will be praying that some CCW parent (or even teacher) would be armed!

"
If we were in the wild, I would attack u. Even if u weren’t in my food chain, I would go out of my way to attack u!" ~Manti Teo