Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Old 12-21-2019, 07:57 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2Dokes View Post
I deleted my post I wrote, because I realized that you will never understand and I would be wasting my time. I can only advise to maybe go to college, stop watching fox and open your mind to other perspectives.
Yes, college. A place wide open to other perspectives.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 12-21-2019, 08:00 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJackson'sDred15 View Post
He allegedly gives up his salary of 400k a year which is a pittance compared to what he is putting in his pocket.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...0-million/amp/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffp...3e6f7865cf/amp

Got no problem with the guy golfing or even taking a few vacations, but they should not be at his for profit businesses and resorts.
As colts said Trump could take a **** on their lawn and have an affair with their wife and they will make excuses. No point in conversating with these folks on politics. The DD forum is no place for facts. I listened to a speaker once on race issues and he was asked by a member in the crowd how he responds to people that respond with hate towards him for speaking on race issues, he said he doesnít, they are too far gone. Realist **** ever spoken.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:03 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by corysold View Post
Yes, college. A place wide open to other perspectives.
If your only education is your parents, a man made book (the Bible) and Sean Hannity for sure!
Old 12-21-2019, 08:14 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
If your only education is your parents, a man made book (the Bible) and Sean Hannity for sure!
I donít care, not paying for anyone elseís college. Especially these spoiled anti white, anti capitalist, anti American dip sh**ts.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:16 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
As colts said Trump could take a **** on their lawn and have an affair with their wife and they will make excuses. No point in conversating with these folks on politics. The DD forum is no place for facts. I listened to a speaker once on race issues and he was asked by a member in the crowd how he responds to people that respond with hate towards him for speaking on race issues, he said he doesnít, they are too far gone. Realist **** ever spoken.
Let me guess, everything wrong with the world is the fault of white ppl? Thatís modern leftists philosophy on race.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:19 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
I don’t care, not paying for anyone else’s college. Especially these spoiled anti white, anti capitalist, anti American dip sh**ts.
Well I’m not paying for no spoiled kids college that’s for sure. We agree somewhat, but I like a lot of Americans am in some serious debt. I wouldn’t make the money I make without my degree, but I don’t invest and/or contribute to the economy as much as I could due to student loans. Yang says college costs are mostly administrative, he would get rid of that bs and cut the costs big.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:27 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Let me guess, everything wrong with the world is the fault of white ppl? Thatís modern leftists philosophy on race.
Thereís always been something wrong with the world. Itís important to understand that number 1. Number two it is important to understand that a lot of what has been wrong with the world is exclusion and exceptionalism (religion, race, nations, ect) thatís just fact.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:02 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Thereís always been something wrong with the world. Itís important to understand that number 1. Number two it is important to understand that a lot of what has been wrong with the world is exclusion and exceptionalism (religion, race, nations, ect) thatís just fact.
Iíd say a lot of whatís wrong in certain communities is the lack of fathers. Thatís not the fault of white ppl. Everyone is so terrified of pointing out that issue bc itís ďracistĒ but itís an epidemic.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:03 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Well Iím not paying for no spoiled kids college thatís for sure. We agree somewhat, but I like a lot of Americans am in some serious debt. I wouldnít make the money I make without my degree, but I donít invest and/or contribute to the economy as much as I could due to student loans. Yang says college costs are mostly administrative, he would get rid of that bs and cut the costs big.
Room & Board is often 1/3+ of total freshman tuition. I like Yang as a person, but I canít back UBI.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:29 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

Didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but most likely will this go around. I will never vote Democrat until they stop trying to infringe on my gun rights. I used to think I could reason with the left, but they're so out of touch on gun facts that it's impossible.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:34 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Iíd say a lot of whatís wrong in certain communities is the lack of fathers. Thatís not the fault of white ppl. Everyone is so terrified of pointing out that issue bc itís ďracistĒ but itís an epidemic.
Thatís an issue, but you said what was wrong with the world. This a another issue that goes way deeper than I am willing to waste my time with.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:37 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Room & Board is often 1/3+ of total freshman tuition. I like Yang as a person, but I can’t back UBI.
Most jobs are being taken by AI or robotics. Soon all truck drivers will be out of business, farmers ect. He has a proposal that will eventually be a necessity anyways. Why not look into it before more people cost taxpayers more money with medical bills, bankruptcy, and other issues? Also, I paid my room and board with a self employed business. It still was not enough.

Last edited by Jim2Dokes; 12-21-2019 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:19 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
Didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but most likely will this go around. I will never vote Democrat until they stop trying to infringe on my gun rights. I used to think I could reason with the left, but they're so out of touch on gun facts that it's impossible.
If killing kids at Sandy Hook is not going to take your guns away I wouldn’t worry.
You shouldn’t vote on a single issue either, small minded. Edit, not saying you are small minded, saying it is to vote on a single issue.

Last edited by Jim2Dokes; 12-21-2019 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:10 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Thatís an issue, but you said what was wrong with the world. This a another issue that goes way deeper than I am willing to waste my time with.
Bulls**t. Nothing will help the black community until that issue gets fixed first. When 7/10 black families donít have a father in the house, how do you expect all of the other issues surrounding education, violenceís, poverty to get fixed?
Old 12-21-2019, 11:15 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Most jobs are being taken by AI or robotics. Soon all truck drivers will be out of business, farmers ect. He has a proposal that will eventually be a necessity anyways. Why not look into it before more people cost taxpayers more money with medical bills, bankruptcy, and other issues? Also, I paid my room and board with a self employed business. It still was not enough.
Iím not naive enough to believe any student can work part time and pay tuition. Iíd lie to figure out a way to make college more affordable, but not free. European countries like Germany can offer free college bc they donít have a glut of students bc theyíve got strong trade programs. Trades are looked down upon in the US. Plus, itís not like some soyboy gender studies major could ever be a plumber or electrician.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:25 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Bulls**t. Nothing will help the black community until that issue gets fixed first. When 7/10 black families donít have a father in the house, how do you expect all of the other issues surrounding education, violenceís, poverty to get fixed?
Oh! You were referring to a single race. Well first off there are in fact white fathers who leave the home, probably not a higher percentage, but more due to sheer more population. Second, again you are talking about an American problem, but you originally said a world problem. So are is the AA community the biggest problem in the world? I am confused.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:26 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
I’m not naive enough to believe any student can work part time and pay tuition. I’d lie to figure out a way to make college more affordable, but not free. European countries like Germany can offer free college bc they don’t have a glut of students bc they’ve got strong trade programs. Trades are looked down upon in the US. Plus, it’s not like some soyboy gender studies major could ever be a plumber or electrician.
Soyboy? I’m not sure what you mean. I am vegetarian and make a good deal of money. So stop with the generalizations. You make your arguments weak and you sound uneducated. You are better, maybe.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:37 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Soyboy? Iím not sure what you mean. I am vegetarian and make a good deal of money. So stop with the generalizations. You make your arguments weak and you sound uneducated. You are better, maybe.
Best to leave this alone.....
Old 12-22-2019, 12:03 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
Best to leave this alone.....
Agreed. I think thatís enough banter for me on this. Guessing threadstarter got his answer, of course you answered it originally and thread could have closed with that. Everyone may have better off. ima relax and not get into politics rest of the holiday lol.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:46 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Oh! You were referring to a single race. Well first off there are in fact white fathers who leave the home, probably not a higher percentage, but more due to sheer more population. Second, again you are talking about an American problem, but you originally said a world problem. So are is the AA community the biggest problem in the world? I am confused.
You just madd my argument, itís a larger problem in the back community and thought thatís who we were talking about.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:47 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Soyboy? I’m not sure what you mean. I am vegetarian and make a good deal of money. So stop with the generalizations. You make your arguments weak and you sound uneducated. You are better, maybe.
Effeminate left wing “men.” You know the stereotype of some weak looking artist type. Like these losers

Last edited by ELDER06; 12-22-2019 at 12:50 AM.
Old 12-22-2019, 06:17 AM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Agreed. I think that’s enough banter for me on this. Guessing threadstarter got his answer, of course you answered it originally and thread could have closed with that. Everyone may have better off. ima relax and not get into politics rest of the holiday lol.
Your attitude in this thread is an example of the reason I will vote for my first republican presidential candidate. Democrats have gone insane.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:12 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Well Iím not paying for no spoiled kids college thatís for sure. We agree somewhat, but I like a lot of Americans am in some serious debt. I wouldnít make the money I make without my degree, but I donít invest and/or contribute to the economy as much as I could due to student loans. Yang says college costs are mostly administrative, he would get rid of that bs and cut the costs big.
Yang is seriously interesting.
The debates do him a great disservice by almost never asking him questions.
Ever wonder why he keeps making it to the debate stage despite never hearing from him ON the debate stage? Listen to podcasts or his NPR interview.
I like him.
UBI? Iíll listen to him on this. It hasnít worked well in other places across the globe or in the US, but his ideas are different than those.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:15 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Iím not naive enough to believe any student can work part time and pay tuition. Iíd lie to figure out a way to make college more affordable, but not free. European countries like Germany can offer free college bc they donít have a glut of students bc theyíve got strong trade programs. Trades are looked down upon in the US. Plus, itís not like some soyboy gender studies major could ever be a plumber or electrician.
AND they put 1.1% of their GDP into defense spending.
If Europe met the measly 2% agreed-upon goal their entire social structure would change.
Old 12-22-2019, 01:19 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

Quote:
You shouldn’t vote on a single issue either, small minded. Edit, not saying you are small minded, saying it is to vote on a single issue.
I'm not small minded, so no offense taken.

The problem for me when it comes to voting is I don't necessarily agree with either side. They're both drifting farther from the center at an alarming rate. It's like I have to choose to be conservative or progressive. I'm not really one way or the other. I'd actually say I'm a pretty socially liberal guy, except when it comes to my right to keep and bear arms. Since I consider that to be the last resort to my freedom and safety, any means to disarm me is, essentially, taking my other choices away. No I don't have visions of standing atop a rock with my scary black rifle hoisted in the air and screaming, "WOLVERINES", but I don't think it's a stretch to look around the world and wonder how many situations could be changed were the populace armed.

When Trump was elected in 2016 and all the "RESIST" nonsense was happening, I kept thinking, "If this guy is the fascist dictator you're all making him out to be, I sure hope your pretty pink hat is bulletproof." My point being, what are these people going to resist with? Signs and fancy chants? It's a giant oxymoron to me that these people want to disarm and resist at the same time.