Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2020, 03:56 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
UNC, who just lost to FSU? Some of you are legitimately mentally ill. You look for any reason to tear down ND.
See you then . You realize we have literally not played one decent team yet right?
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 10-18-2020, 03:57 AM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
See you then . You realize we have literally not played one decent team yet right?
You realize they just beat the team that beat UNC? ND could very well lose to UNC, but Iím tired of this unjustified Kelly hate.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:02 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
You realize they just beat the team that beat UNC? ND could very well lose to UNC, but I’m tired of this unjustified Kelly hate.
Lol gotcha man. He probably just needs another decade to beat a top 10 team outside of OU in 2012. 2012. OU ended up ranked #15 after getting throttled in the cotton bowl that year, btw...

Its normal to question why our QBs regress under BK, especially when its a primary contributor to a #4 team barely beating an unranked team 12-7...at home.

We are lucky the BIG10 and PAC12 aren't playing ball yet.
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose

Last edited by echo88; 10-18-2020 at 04:25 AM.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:35 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
UNC, who just lost to FSU? Some of you are legitimately mentally ill. You look for any reason to tear down ND.
So, is there such a thing as being 'illegitimately mentally ill'?

ďI take full responsibility, itís not my fault..."
Old 10-18-2020, 12:41 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Lol gotcha man. He probably just needs another decade to beat a top 10 team outside of OU in 2012. 2012. OU ended up ranked #15 after getting throttled in the cotton bowl that year, btw...

Its normal to question why our QBs regress under BK, especially when its a primary contributor to a #4 team barely beating an unranked team 12-7...at home.

We are lucky the BIG10 and PAC12 aren't playing ball yet.
THIS. X 1000.

There are two distinct camps on this message board. The eternal optimists who are still living like itís 1988 and the rest of us in the real world who see this team and itís coach for what they are, a nice little Midwestern program that systemically doesnít have what it takes to compete at an elite level.

So, take the good with the bad and make alternative plans on November 7th.
Old 10-18-2020, 01:13 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Not a chance. The only way we would is if we had a truly elite, franchise type Qb.
Old 10-18-2020, 01:35 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
So, is there such a thing as being 'illegitimately mentally ill'?
I believe it's when someone goes "You so crazy!" but they don't really mean it.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:27 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Tim McCarthy View Post
THIS. X 1000.

There are two distinct camps on this message board. The eternal optimists who are still living like itís 1988 and the rest of us in the real world who see this team and itís coach for what they are, a nice little Midwestern program that systemically doesnít have what it takes to compete at an elite level.

So, take the good with the bad and make alternative plans on November 7th.
Btw, Thursday (October 15) was the 32nd Anniversary of the Catholic vs Convicts Game. Still the best game Iíve ever seen.

Just sayn...
Old 10-18-2020, 03:55 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Did I just read this right? NDís opponents record so far this season is 1-13. Not exactly something to hang our hats on.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:41 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
Did I just read this right? NDís opponents record so far this season is 1-13. Not exactly something to hang our hats on.
opponents record 5-16!

Old 10-21-2020, 01:00 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious_ND View Post
opponents record 5-16!
I think these numbers are correct:

Duke: Overall 1-5; FBS 1-5 (Beat Syracuse)
USF: Overall 1-4; FBS 0-4 (Beat Citadel)
FSU: Overall 2-3: FBS 1-3 (Beat Jacksonville St & North Carolina)
Louisville: Overall 1-4: FBS 1-4 (Beat Western Kentucky)

Opponents' FCS Record: 2-0

Opponents' FBS Record: 3-16

Opponents' Power 5 Record: 2-13
Old 10-21-2020, 01:38 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown_9999 View Post
I think these numbers are correct:

Duke: Overall 1-5; FBS 1-5 (Beat Syracuse)
USF: Overall 1-4; FBS 0-4 (Beat Citadel)
FSU: Overall 2-3: FBS 1-3 (Beat Jacksonville St & North Carolina)
Louisville: Overall 1-4: FBS 1-4 (Beat Western Kentucky)

Opponents' FCS Record: 2-0

Opponents' FBS Record: 3-16

Opponents' Power 5 Record: 2-13
Ha! I hadn't even factored in the FCS teams..

Old 10-21-2020, 06:40 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

0.00% chance
Old 10-24-2020, 05:13 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

This is such a strange season,,,insightful eh But frankly im not complaining about the weak schedule....lots of teams have done real well in the rankings by playing lots of teams with weaker talent ....then the hope is you get up or get lucky against the couple of good teams you play.....its a system that can work, its not been the ND way in decades probably since the NBC contract and for other reasons we all know. But for this season i think its fascinating.

We have clemson,,,the only team thats got more talent then us,,,,if we can keep from screwing up against BC Pitt and UNC....teams we obviously CAN lose to...but teams we probably are better then. Do our business and then get up or lucky against clemson....and well im just sayin,

Weird season,,,weakest schedule we likely have had this century, anomaly or not, i kind of like it for one season.

aloha
Old 10-24-2020, 12:58 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

I STILL believe ND has the talent to beat the top team in the country but one thing this board consistently fails to do is give credit to the teams we play. I don't recall anyone giving credit to our opponent and in the case of Clemson, they're worthy of every ranking and kudos they get and if ND were to lose, the majority will be calling for Kelly to be fired blah blah blah...but if we should lose, but take it deep into the 4th Qtr, the team and staff deserve respect for having played Clemson better than anyone save for Bama these past few years.
Time for those on this board to be a fan instead of whining and complaining about how awful we are despite our winning streaks both at home and overall. Kelly is paid to win games and he's doing just that. Reese has turned out to be a pretty successful Coordinator and we already know what we have in Lea. Throw in Taylor and Elston and I believe we've been game planning for this match-up since the preseason and will show up and avoid a blow out as many predict. Norvell may in fact have something at FSU and no one predicted their beating NC so who knows what can happen week to week. I believe and Go IRISH!
Old 10-24-2020, 01:11 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLeastMySisWasIrish View Post
I STILL believe ND has the talent to beat the top team in the country but one thing this board consistently fails to do is give credit to the teams we play. I don't recall anyone giving credit to our opponent and in the case of Clemson, they're worthy of every ranking and kudos they get and if ND were to lose, the majority will be calling for Kelly to be fired blah blah blah...but if we should lose, but take it deep into the 4th Qtr, the team and staff deserve respect for having played Clemson better than anyone save for Bama these past few years.
Time for those on this board to be a fan instead of whining and complaining about how awful we are despite our winning streaks both at home and overall. Kelly is paid to win games and he's doing just that. Reese has turned out to be a pretty successful Coordinator and we already know what we have in Lea. Throw in Taylor and Elston and I believe we've been game planning for this match-up since the preseason and will show up and avoid a blow out as many predict. Norvell may in fact have something at FSU and no one predicted their beating NC so who knows what can happen week to week. I believe and Go IRISH!
After 11 seasons, Kelly has a third year QB who seems to have trouble completing a pass more than ten yards even against a very weak schedule. Meanwhile the backup who transferred after he almost never played is having a statistically better season. I'm not sure that anyone is calling for Kelly to be fired. There are probably many who wishes he would retire though.

Also, it would be nice to have Kelly beat a season ending top 10 team more recently than 2013.

He has the #3 team and is playing Clemson at home. Surely he can beat them

Last edited by jbrown_9999; 10-24-2020 at 01:14 PM.