Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 09-29-2020, 04:33 AM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFA03_HUGENDFAN View Post
Well the team is going to very undermanned, rusty, or another game cancelled (FSU). Just reported on ESPN 18 positive tests over the weekend with a total of 39 players in quarantine or isolation.

What a sh!tshow....hope all the affected players are ok.
That includes the ones who tested + vs USF. Still, WTF is going on? Get it together.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 09-29-2020, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golson5 View Post
Most will be back for FSU. They'll be fine
Thank god FSU is literally one of the worst teams in P5. Still, disappointed, no other major programs are having issues like this.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:24 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Still, disappointed, no other major programs are having issues like this.
That was my feeling exactly. ND canít be the only ones, or at least in the minority, with these issues.

Even if the teams gets the 11-14 back on Saturday to practice for FSU that leaves 25-28 new players (or at least how I read the article) that would keep them out till the day of the FSU game. WF was postponed with far fewer players out. I wouldnít be surprised to see another game postponed.

Oh well. Play with what you have, hope for the best (even though hope is not a COA), and be thankful FSU is terrible.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:35 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Maybe there were players at that big FSU party

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/28/us/fl...rnd/index.html

“The massive party came as nearly 1,500 students have tested positive for the coronavirus since testing began August 2.”
Old 09-29-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
That was my feeling exactly. ND can’t be the only ones, or at least in the minority, with these issues.

Even if the teams gets the 11-14 back on Saturday to practice for FSU that leaves 25-28 new players (or at least how I read the article) that would keep them out till the day of the FSU game. WF was postponed with far fewer players out. I wouldn’t be surprised to see another game postponed.

Oh well. Play with what you have, hope for the best (even though hope is not a COA), and be thankful FSU is terrible.
No, screw that. Take no unnecessary risk. Why the f**k should the B10 & Pac 12 have an advantage by playing fewer games? ND is supposed to run their scrubs out there and possibly lose while Oregon can wait until late October before playing a game? F**k that. No, only play if the bulk of your starters are playing, otherwise, there’s no value.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
No, screw that. Take no unnecessary risk. Why the f**k should the B10 & Pac 12 have an advantage by playing fewer games? ND is supposed to run their scrubs out there and possibly lose while Oregon can wait until late October before playing a game? F**k that. No, only play if the bulk of your starters are playing, otherwise, thereís no value.
you could do that cause it makes no sense to have your 3rd team get beat by BCs starters. or since players don't loose eligibility by playing this year try to play all the freshmen and backups as much as possible to get them ready for next season.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeruss View Post
you could do that cause it makes no sense to have your 3rd team get beat by BCs starters. or since players don't loose eligibility by playing this year try to play all the freshmen and backups as much as possible to get them ready for next season.
So you throw this season down the toilet? No, thatís unacceptable.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:24 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Apparently, ND is not alone.

Two NFL teams have the same issue right now.

https://www.kxan.com/sports-general/...ovid-19-tests/
Old 09-29-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
im not in favor of throwing the season away just throwing out an idea. in just three weeks almost half the team has contracted covid, it may seem that ND is trying to prevent the inevitable.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:21 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
No, screw that. Take no unnecessary risk. Why the f**k should the B10 & Pac 12 have an advantage by playing fewer games? ND is supposed to run their scrubs out there and possibly lose while Oregon can wait until late October before playing a game? F**k that. No, only play if the bulk of your starters are playing, otherwise, thereís no value.
I agree with you. Just saying there is not a lot of room to move postponed games to. And yes it is a joke that that the Big10 and PAC12 get fewer games.

The playoff games need to be moved to Feb giving those two conferences time to play more games and/or allow for more flexibility in rescheduling postponed games for all conferences.

I just donít see that happening. I donít see SEC schools Postponing games for Covid either....but who knows.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:38 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
The season has been down the toilet for quite some time. No one is going to count this year, regardless of the attempts by the NCAA and the conferences to salvage it....giant asterisk next to this season so it's kinda just for fun at this point.
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 09-29-2020, 07:39 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
I agree with you. Just saying there is not a lot of room to move postponed games to. And yes it is a joke that that the Big10 and PAC12 get fewer games.

The playoff games need to be moved to Feb giving those two conferences time to play more games and/or allow for more flexibility in rescheduling postponed games for all conferences.

I just donít see that happening. I donít see SEC schools Postponing games for Covid either....but who knows.

Wouldnít it be funny if no SEC games are canceled this year because of Covid?
Old 09-29-2020, 07:43 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
The season has been down the toilet for quite some time. No one is going to count this year, regardless of the attempts by the NCAA and the conferences to salvage it....giant asterisk next to this season so it's kinda just for fun at this point.
Alabama will most definitely count it. Heíll, as a fan, and if we won it, I would even count it. With or without an asterisk....Just because that team would of had to steer through this cesspool of a Covid season. If Louisiana wins it all I would count it. They had the same problems as everyone else. They would of just done a better job of handling this crisis better.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:47 PM

Quote:
No, f that noise. I guarantee if Clemson, OSU, or Bama win there wonít be any asterisks.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
Alabama will most definitely count it. Heíll, as a fan, and if we won it, I would even count it. With or without an asterisk....Just because that team would of had to steer through this cesspool of a Covid season. If Louisiana wins it all I would count it. They had the same problems as everyone else. They would of just done a better job of handling this crisis better.
I understand why ppl would want an asterisk, but at the same time f em. Who cares?
Old 09-29-2020, 07:59 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
No, f that noise. I guarantee if Clemson, OSU, or Bama win there wonít be any asterisks.
Hahaha maybe not for their programs, but I promise no one is going to count this year. They can claim whatever they wanted. ND could convincingly traverse the playoffs and win the national title and I wouldn't bat an eye. It doesn't count if all teams aren't playing. And it never will.
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 09-29-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Hahaha maybe not for their programs, but I promise no one is going to count this year. They can claim whatever they wanted. ND could convincingly traverse the playoffs and win the national title and I wouldn't bat an eye. It doesn't count if all teams aren't playing. And it never will.
But all teams are going to be playing. The only exception might be the PAC 12, but outside of Oregon, they had no chance to get a playoff bid.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:10 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
But all teams are going to be playing. The only exception might be the PAC 12, but outside of Oregon, they had no chance to get a playoff bid.
They're not playing the same # of games....nor are they playing their original opponents.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:47 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Thank god FSU is literally one of the worst teams in P5. Still, disappointed, no other major programs are having issues like this.
A lot already had these issues before the season started. LSU said most of the team already had covid. And clemson had over 30 too
Old 09-29-2020, 11:48 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
No asterisk. This year will definitely count. No reason it shouldnt
Old 09-29-2020, 11:49 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
All teams are playing. No asterisk. Play ball
Old 09-30-2020, 12:11 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Thatís never the headline you want to see:

Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly says Covid-19 'spread like wildfire' on his team

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/29/us/no...rnd/index.html
Old 09-30-2020, 12:04 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by golson5 View Post
A lot already had these issues before the season started. LSU said most of the team already had covid. And clemson had over 30 too
Do you think LSU having a large number of covid cases earlier had any bearing on their loss to Miss St? They did have significant turnover in their coaching staff, both offensive and defensive coordinators I believe. Maybe losing some of that practice time with the new staff took its toll?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Old 09-30-2020, 01:05 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Do you think LSU having a large number of covid cases earlier had any bearing on their loss to Miss St? They did have significant turnover in their coaching staff, both offensive and defensive coordinators I believe. Maybe losing some of that practice time with the new staff took its toll?
Any one player would only be out 10 or 14 days.

That said, Mississippi State had a completely new coaching staff as well
Old 10-01-2020, 07:57 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Only having 3 of the 22 starters from the NC game is the main reason they lost. That is just a ton of talebt and players. And they lost their DC and Joe Brady. Too much talent and coaching turnover to overcome