Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 09-22-2020, 05:30 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Default Practice Canceled due to CV19

Welp per ESPN, the team cancelled practice today due to four players testing positive. Hope this is amongst the four that were already quarantining and not an additional four. Also hope they have a speedy recovery with not lasting impacts.

Wonder how much of an ďxĒ factor this will have the teams.....part of life this season I know.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 09-22-2020, 05:42 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFA03_HUGENDFAN View Post
Welp per ESPN, the team cancelled practice today due to four players testing positive. Hope this is amongst the four that were already quarantining and not an additional four. Also hope they have a speedy recovery with not lasting impacts.

Wonder how much of an ďxĒ factor this will have the teams.....part of life this season I know.
Saw this coming after multiple players were deemed out last week unexpectedly. No doubt it has spread throughout the football team. I suspect the game will now be cancelled. Per Twitter, both teams have a bye on Oct 3 so maybe it can be rescheduled.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:10 PM
Domer Domain All American

It was controversial at the time, however I did mention it being ideal if the team caught the virus before the season. It is inevitable the team will catch it sooner or later and they are the least at risk population for complications. I could be wrong, but didnít almost all of the Clemson team catch it before the season? If so, I thought that was likely planned.

All that aside, I wonder if we play a game like this down 20 players or so and lose. Do we then get a pass if we lose twice but win the ACC? If the game is postponed, I think weíll see more than one game moved back to a later date. Regardless, this team has enough depth to beat Wake with the majority of the second string.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndomer4 View Post
It was controversial at the time, however I did mention it being ideal if the team caught the virus before the season. It is inevitable the team will catch it sooner or later and they are the least at risk population for complications. I could be wrong, but didnít almost all of the Clemson team catch it before the season? If so, I thought that was likely planned.

All that aside, I wonder if we play a game like this down 20 players or so and lose. Do we then get a pass if we lose twice but win the ACC? If the game is postponed, I think weíll see more than one game moved back to a later date. Regardless, this team has enough depth to beat Wake with the majority of the second string.
I wouldnít bet the season on it. Iíd rather outright cancel than risk losing bc they had to play the JV squad.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:21 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
I had a similar thought earlier in the year. While the Clemsons and SEC schools would never admit to it, I could see them intentionally exposing players to ďget it over with.Ē Now I know there are sources saying you can get more than once et etc and I would perfect this not turn into another political thread so Iíll stop there on that topic.

BL - the team was a leader in protocols for preventing and testing but this will be a potential impact to every team each week. I agree that we could probably beat Wake if the four members were already the ones quarantining. I also do not think anyone is giving any team a pass for losing a game because of players out for CV19. It will truly show which teams have built a program with quality depth. Just hope ND has less players out then the other teams.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:33 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:

Ed Orgeron of LSU has stated that his team pretty much ALL have had it ALREADY...seems fishy but, yeah, I wouldnít put it pass some SEC schools.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:57 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Irish Sports Daily
@ISDUpdate

6m
#NotreDame announces #WakeForest game this Saturday has been postponed.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:01 PM

Not the worst thing in the world. Had to expect some bumps in the road during this season.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:11 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
I wouldnít bet the season on it. Iíd rather outright cancel than risk losing bc they had to play the JV squad.
So Notre Dame should just hide?! Didn't you say that anyone that hides is a pussy in an earlier thread?
Old 09-22-2020, 07:22 PM

is ND the 1st ACC team to cancel a game? how are the other ACC teams doing, what are their test results? i'd be very curious to know how duke is doing 1 week after playing at ND.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:34 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Cancel culture is getting out of hand! 🙃
Old 09-22-2020, 07:52 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeruss View Post
is ND the 1st ACC team to cancel a game? how are the other ACC teams doing, what are their test results? i'd be very curious to know how duke is doing 1 week after playing at ND.
I believe both VTech and NC State had to cancel games already because of COVID
Old 09-22-2020, 08:25 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by napadomer View Post
I believe both VTech and NC State had to cancel games already because of COVID
Donít forget UNC cancelling their game with Charlotte.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:59 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
My wife has a friend who has just just tested positive for the second time, several months apart. NYC based in the service industry. The second time was asymptomatic (caught as she had a procedure in the works for appendicitis) but you can def get this things twice and set off the alarm bells.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:11 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

It is so interesting to watch this play out.
I wonder how the Big10 will do, starting later as they are.
I'd like to know the economics of it all. How much are teams spending on testing and various protocols?
How are the television networks handling this? What are the revenues to the schools from television?
How does a game impact a local economy, given that so few people actually go to a game? Are people watching at home, buying food and drinks for the game(s)?

I have been hopeful, but doubtful, that teams will play 10 games. Hard to imagine that there will be a national champion this year. Maybe just 3 or 4 asterisks by the name if a champion is actually crowned.
Old 09-22-2020, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaverIrish View Post
So Notre Dame should just hide?! Didn't you say that anyone that hides is a pussy in an earlier thread?
WTF are you talking about? Iím talking about from a strategic standpoint, if ND loses to Wake with their 2nd string, itís still a loss and will likely end any chance of the playoffs. Why on earth would you take that risk with minimal reward?
Old 09-23-2020, 02:11 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
WTF are you talking about? Iím talking about from a strategic standpoint, if ND loses to Wake with their 2nd string, itís still a loss and will likely end any chance of the playoffs. Why on earth would you take that risk with minimal reward?

Hoes mad
Old 09-23-2020, 02:12 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
For such a tough guy who has talked about how much you bench and called people on this board cucks, you sure donít embody ďwhat though the oddsĒ yourself do you?
Old 09-23-2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dardo View Post
For such a tough guy who has talked about how much you bench and called people on this board cucks, you sure donít embody ďwhat though the oddsĒ yourself do you?
I embody taking smart risks based on the reward. Whatís the reward for beating Wake with the 2nd string? Virtually nothing. Now look at the risk, itís losing out on the playoff. Itís not being cowardly, cowardly would be avoiding Clemson, this is smart.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:59 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
I embody taking smart risks based on the reward. Whatís the reward for beating Wake with the 2nd string? Virtually nothing. Now look at the risk, itís losing out on the playoff. Itís not being cowardly, cowardly would be avoiding Clemson, this is smart.
Iíd actually argue we have no idea the reward, because we donít know what the end of the season playoff picture is going to look like. At this point the big 10 will have played 3 games less than ND, if everything goes according to plan. If playoffs are the goal keeping that 3 game gap may be important, we donít know.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:41 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Iím going to take a controversial position:

Iíd like our players, and the students they live among, to be healthy.

Oh, the faculty and staff, too.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:48 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Well the team is going to very undermanned, rusty, or another game cancelled (FSU). Just reported on ESPN 18 positive tests over the weekend with a total of 39 players in quarantine or isolation.

What a sh!tshow....hope all the affected players are ok.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Well the team is going to very undermanned, rusty, or another game cancelled (FSU). Just reported on ESPN 18 positive tests over the weekend with a total of 39 players in quarantine or isolation.

Should have done this over the summer like Clemson did. I think we are going to have a stinker loss or two due to rust. Pitt and UNC look like those games to me.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:51 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:

Most will be back for FSU. They'll be fine
Old 09-29-2020, 02:39 AM

When Deangelo Williams was at Memphis, they lost every qb they had. They had to pull in Avery from WR to play qb and managed to create an offense for the two that ultimately won their bowl game. You adapt... If you canít, whatís your value...?