Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Old 09-29-2020, 08:43 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko View Post
He's not a billionaire, seriously. He's a multiple times failed real estate developer who was bailed out by his dad. I've worked in construction in NY and this is common knowledge well before he was on your TV.

Without The Apprentice then he was broke, again. Hence most likely his presidential campaign was to boost his stature which he never wanted to actually win!

He absolutely has committed crimes in his financial returns, it would be impossible not to or he would have released them. I have a family friend connected to the Turkish license agreement and that guys reeks to high heaven with fraud tied to Erdogan and cronies over there (Mr Yalcingdag if you want to google)
So, and I really don’t know, did the Times have his tax returns? Did they publish the returns? Only the most salacious parts? Because, again, I haven’t seen any news source say he has committed crimes in his returns.
Now, I’m certain, absolutely certain, that any individual making a million dollars or more a year has some things that may be questioned on his/her tax return in any given year. Anyone, any year. So, the (criminal) release of the tax return of this private citizen making over a million dollars a year will now be subject to scrutiny unlike the average millionaire’s tax return. It won’t surprise me at all that some accountant somewhere (probably a consultant to CNN) finds some things that are on the fringes of legality. Have that same accountant scrutinize Don Lemon’s or Paul Pelosi’s tax returns and fringe practices will be found there too.
I have no knowledge of the ‘Turkish license agreement’ of which you speak so I won’t bother looking it up. I’m absolutely certain that licensing agreements with individuals and companies in Turkey and Egypt and Saudi Arabia and and and have all kinds fraud and corruption associated with them. It’s dirty business doing big business with questionable businesses in countries that have questionable governments.
Just look at Burisma.

Last edited by Kelly Gruene; 09-29-2020 at 09:07 PM.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 09-29-2020, 09:04 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
He absolutely has committed crimes in his financial returns, it would be impossible not to or he would have released them. I have a family friend connected to the Turkish license agreement and that guys reeks to high heaven with fraud tied to Erdogan and cronies over there (Mr Yalcingdag if you want to google)
I have a relative who is very very high up in security at one of our nation’s very largest defense contractors. He travels to many unsavory places as part of what he does for this giant company. He sees first-hand what it’s like doing big business with uncertain characters in less than friendly places. Licensing agreements and contracts in general are routinely done with people who just aren’t very nice, to say the least.
I’d bet if you looked at Google contracts with China, you’d find unsavory characters and conflicts of interest and flat out bribery. Fraud, cronies , you name it. Big business isn’t for the faint of heart.

Last edited by Kelly Gruene; 09-30-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:34 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Of course I have issues with Trump. He is a loathsome, vile, creep and a fraud. And that's what I thought of him before he was president!
But this guy's not a loathsome, vile creep:

I just don't get it when people say, "Well, that's just like my old grandpa..." or , "That's just what guys of his generation did".
NO!! IT's NOT!!! Never has been okay, never will be okay. It's just creepy. Only creepers did it or do it .

And while some people may not find this creepy, the Secret Service agents assigned to Biden’s detail do: https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/wa...ts-book-claims

Sometimes I wonder what's on his, and on Donald's, personal laptops. I think about it for, like, a millisecond, then get the heebie jeebies and try to gouge my eyes out.

Last edited by Kelly Gruene; 09-29-2020 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:54 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Biden looked pretty good. Trump was a ridiculous bully.
I didnít think Biden would pull it off. Gotta give him credit.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:18 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
Biden looked pretty good. Trump was a ridiculous bully.
I didnít think Biden would pull it off. Gotta give him credit.
Gotta love the Trump vs Biden and Wallace debate. Talk about media protection on full display.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:59 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Well that was embarrassing for all involved. They should cancel the remaining two debates as there is really nothing left to say.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:12 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Well that was embarrassing for all involved. They should cancel the remaining two debates as there is really nothing left to say.
Agreed. To say that was a debate is misunderstanding what a debate actually is. There aren't many undecided voters remaining at this point anyways.

The only way they should stage another debate is with the moderator controlling a mute button.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Old 09-30-2020, 03:42 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

This debate is exactly how I expected it. My wife wanted to watch it and I said why? Nothing will be accomplished. A lot of talking over each other and insults. Well weíll well. Exactly as I thought. Embarrassing this is what we got. But I will say Iím actually proud of Biden or anyone who was not afraid to stand up to Trump. No ones been able to figure him out or is afraid to go toe to toe with him. So that was at least refreshing. Even if it was like two teenage girls screaming about who read whoís journal.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:32 AM
Domer Domain Junior

I guess the debate question is not too relevant anymore.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:31 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Anyone else think this is a convenient excuse to not have to debate again?
Old 10-02-2020, 11:45 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsan View Post
No, I think it's the most glaring example yet of why having a flippant and dismissive attitude towards Covid-19 puts this nation at increased risk.
My hope is that it leads those railing against a caution in the face of the virus to begin demonstrating sympathy for all Americans that have been gravely affected by it.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:41 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsan View Post
Hmmm so you are implying there is more to this than face value. Interesting...🤔
Old 10-02-2020, 01:58 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

I think it’s a opportunity for Trump to resign and hand the reigns over to Pence, who would pardon him.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:03 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
I think itís a opportunity for Trump to resign and hand the reigns over to Pence, who would pardon him.
I've thought a lot about this scenario, just not related to COVID.
If Trump loses the election, I think it's likely the democrats in the House pursue him for years. It seems plausible to me that Trump could hand the Presidency to Pence for a month, on the condition that Pence pardons Trump for whatever they think the dems could most likely go after Trump.
That way Pence could actually say he was 46th President of the US, and Trump might not have to duck and dodge for the rest of his life.
Not especially likely, I suppose. But, Trump has been known to do the unexpected....
Old 10-02-2020, 05:42 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
If Trump loses the election, I think it's likely the democrats in the House pursue him for years. It seems plausible to me that Trump could hand the Presidency to Pence for a month, on the condition that Pence pardons Trump for whatever they think the dems could most likely go after Trump.
House Democrats will be the least of his concerns after he leaves office. The man was a operating a very shady enterprise before entering office and law enforcement now have a bead on his every movement prior to 2016, let alone what may be transpiring right now.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:01 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
That way Pence could actually say he was 46th President of the US, and Trump might not have to duck and dodge for the rest of his life.
Not especially likely, I suppose. But, Trump has been known to do the unexpected....
Presidential Pardons are only federal pardons, not state. So in your hypothetical, it wouldnt clear all hurdles of being prosecuted if a president (keeping it generic, not speaking of anyone in particular) were to be prosecutable under both federal and state statutes.

Old 10-02-2020, 07:14 PM
Domer Domain Junior

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/us/no...rnd/index.html

The Trump Covid Train Continues.....How many significant people are going to get Covid from Trump events simply because his team simply refuses to wear a mask?
Old 10-02-2020, 07:29 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
House Democrats will be the least of his concerns after he leaves office. The man was a operating a very shady enterprise before entering office and law enforcement now have a bead on his every movement prior to 2016, let alone what may be transpiring right now.
Really? Like his Russia contacts with Putin, tax returns, and so forth.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:15 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJackson'sDred15 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/us/no...rnd/index.html

The Trump Covid Train Continues.....How many significant people are going to get Covid from Trump events simply because his team simply refuses to wear a mask?
How can anyone who attended that without a mask ever be taken seriously. A bunch of flat earthers.

https://www.southbendtribune.com/new...5750b59e7.html
Old 10-02-2020, 08:36 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

Quote:
How can anyone who attended that without a mask ever be taken seriously. A bunch of flat earthers.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:45 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:

Flat earthers? Convenient that the virus is so smart that it only attacks people at Trump organized events, or at churches, small businesses, funerals for common people and the like. But at Walmart, protests and riots, funerals of dignitaries, etc it completely bypasses everyone of those condoned activities.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:26 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synoptico View Post
Presidential Pardons are only federal pardons, not state. So in your hypothetical, it wouldnt clear all hurdles of being prosecuted if a president (keeping it generic, not speaking of anyone in particular) were to be prosecutable under both federal and state statutes.
Good information.
And somehow I doubt he would ever get a pardon from Cuomo.

Guess he could be spending a little of his money on lawyers if he loses. Heck, if he wins, too.
Old 10-03-2020, 10:20 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemoore97 View Post
Flat earthers? Convenient that the virus is so smart that it only attacks people at Trump organized events, or at churches, small businesses, funerals for common people and the like. But at Walmart, protests and riots, funerals of dignitaries, etc it completely bypasses everyone of those condoned activities.
It's hard to find your point so I'll just say this. There are standard protocols established now to try and prevent the spread of the virus. A protest of an unruly mob is extremely unlikely to adhere to mask wearing and minimum 6ft of distance. You would have expected the very highest levels of US Government to at least try.

It is quite ironic that they went out of their way to show a bad example and now they are dropping like flies from public. Trump is the one who by far the most at risk

I would guess it will be a little like when Boris Johnson was diagnosed. A lot of rumours, hospitalisation, ICU mentioned etc... but they have the very best doctors on the case and he'll be ok. But he can write off the next fortnight and maybe a month at best from campaigning and fundraising.
Old 10-03-2020, 11:34 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
It's hard to find your point so I'll just say this. There are standard protocols established now to try and prevent the spread of the virus. A protest of an unruly mob is extremely unlikely to adhere to mask wearing and minimum 6ft of distance. You would have expected the very highest levels of US Government to at least try.

It is quite ironic that they went out of their way to show a bad example and now they are dropping like flies from public. Trump is the one who by far the most at risk

I would guess it will be a little like when Boris Johnson was diagnosed. A lot of rumours, hospitalisation, ICU mentioned etc... but they have the very best doctors on the case and he'll be ok. But he can write off the next fortnight and maybe a month at best from campaigning and fundraising.
Iíll bet his campaigning continues, minus trips and rallies, unless he ends up in the ICU. Will be interesting to see if Pence gets it too.
Old 10-03-2020, 11:44 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:

The point was the media and the left has outright supported "protests", and there has been no mention of their concern for Covid exposure among the participants. But they will turn into pearl clutching Karen's when a group gathers together for something they don't support. There were projections of the number of new Covid cases following Sturgis two months ago, which BTW was complete BS. Yet I don't hear people screaming from the mountain top about all the potential new cases and lives put in danger from the "protests" Why is that?

I think Trump has a hell of a lot of support going for him regardless of him being on the campaign trail or not and there has been lot of money raised in his campaign. I don't see this changing any of that.