Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Old Today, 01:53 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemoore97 View Post
Not what I was referring to. But just got up and saw that decision in the Taylor case. We'll see how bad things get.
2 Louisville police shot tonight so far.

Stores everywhere have sold out of bullets. Even hard to find the more common ammunition at gun shows now.
Scary, really.

A good time to be living in smaller towns and cities.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Today, 02:01 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Ammo has been sold out since the COVID lockdowns started
Old Today, 02:43 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdntDrvr View Post
Ammo has been sold out since the COVID lockdowns started
True.
But now police are being shot. Things have escalated.
Old Today, 02:54 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
2 Louisville police shot tonight so far.

Stores everywhere have sold out of bullets. Even hard to find the more common ammunition at gun shows now.
Scary, really.

A good time to be living in smaller towns and cities.
Yeah heard just one before getting ready for work, half hour later heard two. Will be monitoring off and on at work as time allows.

Yeah I'm a small town and country boy at heart, and that's where I grew up. My city I live and work is only about 140k so not that big. Lived around here all my life. I'd be a fish out of water anywhere larger. Guns and ammo have been in short supply for awhile now even around here, but supplies are coming back slowly. Big believer in 2A.

Anyhow my earlier post aluded the Biden stuff coming out.
Old Today, 03:41 AM
Domer Domain All American

Go figure... The media comes out telling us all sorts of “facts” about Breonna Taylor spoonfed from BLM and Dems... Then, a grand jury who hears alllll the facts and has to make a determination whether there is the smallest amount of evidence to issue an indictment says there isn’t... Because “facts.” This is why I will never support BLM. This happens every. Single. Time. Hell, look at what the media reported in Ferguson and then the facts in the grand jury report. 180 degree difference with witness testimony from folks who have no incentive to protect cops.

Here we go again... Cops announced themselves, bf shoots through the damn door, so cops fire back... What would you do in a me versus you situation like that? Moral of the story, if they say “cops,” then say yes sir or yes ma’am and you avoid everything else. If not, you’re a moron and have what’s coming to you... I don’t care about your perception of distrust. You believed the hype and believed the bs your friends told you which made you distrust cops, and now you’re dead. Good job, moron.

Same story, different characters...more burnt down buildings for no reason. Trump 2020, even if he’s an immature dbag.
Old Today, 08:56 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
Go figure... The media comes out telling us all sorts of “facts” about Breonna Taylor spoonfed from BLM and Dems... Then, a grand jury who hears alllll the facts and has to make a determination whether there is the smallest amount of evidence to issue an indictment says there isn’t... Because “facts.” This is why I will never support BLM. This happens every. Single. Time. Hell, look at what the media reported in Ferguson and then the facts in the grand jury report. 180 degree difference with witness testimony from folks who have no incentive to protect cops.

Here we go again... Cops announced themselves, bf shoots through the damn door, so cops fire back... What would you do in a me versus you situation like that? Moral of the story, if they say “cops,” then say yes sir or yes ma’am and you avoid everything else. If not, you’re a moron and have what’s coming to you... I don’t care about your perception of distrust. You believed the hype and believed the bs your friends told you which made you distrust cops, and now you’re dead. Good job, moron.

Same story, different characters...more burnt down buildings for no reason. Trump 2020, even if he’s an immature dbag.
Frankly, with so many half truths and outright lies flying around, I don’t know how to feel.
Old Today, 11:30 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:

Great post

Common sense isn’t so common
Old Today, 02:10 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

And now they are burning the houses of people who have Trump signs in the front yard...

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...rning-it-down/

But really, they were peaceful Antifa members. It's getting cold in Minnesota and they needed some warmth.

Something like this happens to a house with a Biden sign out front, it's on CNN for hours. It would lead Wolf's Breaking News, Lemon and Cuomo would start a GoFundMe page for the homeowners.
On NPR, Innskeep and King would be doing interviews with Minnesota BLM members to discuss how the Trump signs made them feel threatened enough that they just had to do something.

Last edited by Kelly Gruene; Today at 02:15 PM.
Old Today, 02:52 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:

so what are the facts? Did these officers not go to the wrong house and break down the door or was this a normal warrant?

Old Today, 03:13 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious_ND View Post
so what are the facts? Did these officers not go to the wrong house and break down the door or was this a normal warrant?
They went to the correct apartment.
It seems that Ms. Taylor was in her bed with her current boyfriend, Kenneth Walker. Her "former" boyfriend, Jamarcus Glover, was a really bad dude. Unfortunately for Ms. Taylor, she had been maintaining a relationship with Mr. Glover up until, it's unclear, but maybe a week before this event. Ms. Taylor had done a lot for Mr. Glover. A lot. And he was a really bad dude.

Read this: https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...icide-charges/

Last edited by Kelly Gruene; Today at 06:42 PM.
Old Today, 05:01 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
It was the correct apartment, and she along with her vehicles were subject to the warrant. The judge stipulated that the officers needed to knock despite this being a no knock warrant. The officers knocked and were observed doing so by neighbors who asked what was going on prior to the breach of the door. The BF who was with Taylor acknowledged he heard the door knocked and both of them got out of bed to see who was there and he grabbed his gun. As the door was breached the BF fired towards the door and struck one officer in the leg. Officers returned fire to the area the shot was observed and struck Taylor, killing her.

I believe CNN or another very liberal outlet reported all of this shortly after the incident and even concluded the officers acted accordingly based on the above facts.
Old Today, 06:20 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
It was the correct apartment, and she along with her vehicles were subject to the warrant. The judge stipulated that the officers needed to knock despite this being a no knock warrant. The officers knocked and were observed doing so by neighbors who asked what was going on prior to the breach of the door. The BF who was with Taylor acknowledged he heard the door knocked and both of them got out of bed to see who was there and he grabbed his gun. As the door was breached the BF fired towards the door and struck one officer in the leg. Officers returned fire to the area the shot was observed and struck Taylor, killing her.

I believe CNN or another very liberal outlet reported all of this shortly after the incident and even concluded the officers acted accordingly based on the above facts.
I mean, if a task force assigned to a raid beat down my door, I'd comply just like most in that position would, while knowing it was a case of mistaken identity/wrong address, etc. While laying in the prone, I'd also be mentally writhing my hands at the potential for a civil suit payday from the state. I sure as fu(k wouldn't be firing at them.
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old Today, 07:22 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:

CNN had the details correct almost two months ago, but they’ve been ignored in the larger discourse.
Old Today, 07:36 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:

thanks for the info.. I ended up reading the CNN article. A tragedy for sure but not murder by police.

Old Today, 07:38 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
CNN had the details correct almost two months ago, but they’ve been ignored in the larger discourse.
Are you sure you have the media outlet correct? Lol...
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old Today, 07:39 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
thanks for the info.. I ended up reading the CNN article. A tragedy for sure but not murder by police.
Tell that to the hordes who have reverted to smashing/looting/stealing from businesses In Lville....yknow, because Taylor would want that.

Last edited by echo88; Today at 08:03 PM.
Old Today, 09:59 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
Are you sure you have the media outlet correct? Lol...
Yeah, I was surprised to. However, Tim Pool covered it in one of his recent videos.
Old Today, 10:01 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

I’m honestly shocked by this. I always thought Mark Jones was easy going and even tempered. He’s a legitimately good announcer, but he’s lost his mind

https://twitter.com/markjonesespn/st...206751235?s=21
Old Today, 10:12 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Even beyond the political comments, he liked a tweet mocking Nick Bosa’s ACL injury. That’s a fireable offense.