Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Old 09-26-2020, 10:18 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Who started this ridiculous thread???

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 09-26-2020, 10:20 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2Dokes View Post
You sure seem to think in very black and white terms. Just because some tweakers are looting doesnít mean a majority of the countryís citizens are responsible. I say majority because majority of the country vote left, even the last president election. Are you complicit in the nearly 400 people right wing nationalists have killed since 1994? The Kkk? No you are not, but by your logic you sure are.
"Some tweakers" represent your cause. And it's not "some". My city just shut down again with a curfew because of your "peaceful protests". Coverage of violence of kkk and white nationalists is something both sides can condemn. The chaotic actions of the left...right now...is something that will ruin anyone's career or life if they criticize it to any extent.
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 09-26-2020, 10:21 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsan View Post
Prob someone who needed a sanity check before voting for a 2nd term for the burnt sienna turd...
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 09-26-2020, 11:04 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
"Some tweakers" represent your cause. And it's not "some". My city just shut down again with a curfew because of your "peaceful protests". Coverage of violence of kkk and white nationalists is something both sides can condemn. The chaotic actions of the left...right now...is something that will ruin anyone's career or life if they criticize it to any extent.
No, they are stupid kids or tweakers. My protests? I haven’t been out there. Ha! Americans have the right to protest. So I guess as an American they could be mine? Idk I didn’t organize, participate or anything really to do with them. Again, look to the grey, you will live a better, more aware life. My city has 40% black population, with no rioting and no curfew. Protests happing everyday all day. Funny that “your” people the proud boys go to Portland all the time, but don’t show up here. I wonder why.

This is just so much fun, I feel like I am just jogging at this point.

Last edited by Jim2Dokes; 09-26-2020 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-26-2020, 11:28 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
No, they are stupid kids or tweakers. My protests? I haven’t been out there. Ha! Americans have the right to protest. So I guess as an American they could be mine? Idk I didn’t organize, participate or anything really to do with them. Again, look to the grey, you will live a better, more aware life. My city has 40% black population, with no rioting and no curfew. Protests happing everyday all day. Funny that “your” people the proud boys go to Portland all the time, but don’t show up here. I wonder why.
You support it. Dont lie. No one has questioned the peaceful variant of protests. "My people", who i dont support, are serving the roles of the police forces who have been intentionally withdrawn by mayors who oppose Trump. Peace will be restored one way or another. If it takes private citizens to do it for them, so be it. Just don't act shocked when voters let Trump have another term...
Old 09-26-2020, 11:33 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
You support it. Dont lie. No one has questioned the peaceful variant of protests. "My people", who i dont support, are serving the roles of the police forces who have been intentionally withdrawn by mayors who oppose Trump. Peace will be restored one way or another. If it takes private citizens to do it for them, so be it. Just don't act shocked when voters let Trump have another term...
I absolutely do not support violence of any kind or looting. You sound ridiculous. There is no point engaging you any further, you are acting like a child. You just gave me an easy win on this debate, go back to school.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:25 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
I absolutely do not support violence of any kind or looting. You sound ridiculous. There is no point engaging you any further, you are acting like a child. You just gave me an easy win on this debate, go back to school.
Haha whatever you say man....
Old 09-27-2020, 12:33 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Haha whatever you say man....
Old 09-27-2020, 01:12 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
You don't get to say you don't support **** like that after youve spent months doing just that. Lol but good game...sorry it backfired
Old 09-27-2020, 01:53 AM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
I may not agree AT ALL with Dokes, but I have to say...sweet use of a GIF.
Old 09-27-2020, 02:02 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
I may not agree AT ALL with Dokes, but I have to say...sweet use of a GIF.
Yeah that's all he has...now that i learned that there are only 200 agitators in downtown Raleigh...and that based on the arrests that most arent even from here. It begins to unravel...lol

Thank god i live in a city that still has the balls to keep law and order. This farce of a movement is in its death throes...lol
Old 09-28-2020, 01:03 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Looking forward to the debate tomorrow night!
Very high entertainment value.
Biden has been preparing like crazy. Trump doesn't prepare at all. Biden should shine unless Trump throws him off, which is entirely possible given Trump's history.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainm...-election.html
Old 09-28-2020, 07:39 PM
Domer Domain Junior

These tax returns... lol
Old 09-28-2020, 10:13 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko View Post
These tax returns... lol
and those pesky little S corp elections.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/06/joe-...u-can-too.html

and entertainers in general form corporations trying to cut down on tax obligations: https://axislc.com/public/basics-loa...-film-tv-arts/

Hmmmm

Seems like everyone takes legal advantage of the tax laws....
If people don’t like the tax laws, perhaps they can elect people to change the laws?

Last edited by Kelly Gruene; 09-28-2020 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post

and entertainers in general form corporations trying to cut down on tax obligations: https://axislc.com/public/basics-loa...-film-tv-arts/

Hmmmm

If people donít like the tax laws, perhaps they can elect people to change the laws?
The Supreme Court has actually rules that you have an obligation to pay the minimum tax due based on the law. Tax returns for politics are a freaking joke...itís a political talking point with no substance. You have zero clue what the situation is that resulted in the tax liability but the average person has no clue. Most idiots think a refund means they paid no tax.... Anyway, donít get me started as a tax attorney about how ignorant this tax return crap is.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsan View Post
Americans, Mr. O. Canada. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Enjoy your new NAFTA. As Maui says, youíre welcome. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Old 09-29-2020, 06:09 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:

Hmmmm

If people donít like the tax laws, perhaps they can elect people to change the laws?
That's your take? I couldn't give two shits how much tax he pays or ever will pay. The IRS can deal with that.

I'm more interested in the fact his business are cash flow black holes, he's in hock for over $400 million over the next several years and that he's generally a bum. A complete fraud. Plus his dodgy consultancy roles for his family.. this stinks.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:36 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
That's your take? I couldn't give two shits how much tax he pays or ever will pay. The IRS can deal with that.

I'm more interested in the fact his business are cash flow black holes, he's in hock for over $400 million over the next several years and that he's generally a bum. A complete fraud. Plus his dodgy consultancy roles for his family.. this stinks.
Yup. That’s my take.
Gosh, Biden’s family has never profited from consultancy roles during his time in public office. ( or maybe they have: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/3441817001/. Not saying anything was illegal mind you, but it just, to borrow your word, 'stinks'.)
Pot, meet Kettle. Kettle, meet Pot.

And there’s just no other real estate developer who takes legal advantage of tax laws like this guy. He’s the only one. (or maybe not: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...hing-in-taxes/)

One candidate has wracked up debt for 47 years by selling his soul to campaign investors. That kind of debt doesn’t show up on an IRS document. If they don’t get what they want, those investors can try to get the candidate to change his mind or they can try to elect someone else.
The other candidate has no soul to sell but has financial debts that do show up on spreadsheets and IRS documents. Those investors have legal and financial recourse if they don’t get what they want.

I think many people, heck maybe even most people, who will be voting for Donald think he’s a hack. I think many, maybe most, people who will vote for Joe think he has early dementia issues and are creeped out by his touching of young girls ("golly, that was just a thing with his generation, ya' know?").
It comes down to the direction the voters think the country will go when a candidate is elected.
If you like that direction more with Joe and Kamala, super! He’s a hack too, but certainly more likable than Donald.
I still have a hard time getting over the fact that he had to repeat third grade. That just speaks something to me. I don't know what, but something. But he is likable (unlike Donald, and unlike Kamala).

Character issues abound in both candidates.

Last edited by Kelly Gruene; 09-29-2020 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:15 PM
Domer Domain Junior

If what the NYT published were falsehoods then why not publish his actual tax returns. He won't as he's a career con man and this is just a very sad, disturbing extension of his lifetime of grifting.

He has no money and if he were not the elected POTUS then he wouldn't get a basic security clearance due this his ridiculous levels of debt to an unknown number of lenders. It beggars belief this is even a discussion but it is what it is and an disgraceful chapter in US history.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:32 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Plus his dodgy consultancy roles for his family.
The one thing that I do not have any problems with is funneling private money to family. Yes, a corporation gets to deduct it but it then becomes taxable revenue to the family members. The media and others seem to have forgotten this last bit.

I have a problem with politicians who hire their family members at above market rates and pay them from campaign contributions (i.e. public money). Unfortunately, this seems to be very common.

Another issue are the politicians who use their influence to have themselves or family members improperly cash in (or allow their family members to cash in without objecting). This happens at the town/city level all the way to the halls of Congress and offices of President and Vice President.

Last edited by jbrown_9999; 09-29-2020 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:42 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
If what the NYT published were falsehoods then why not publish his actual tax returns. He won't as he's a career con man and this is just a very sad, disturbing extension of his lifetime of grifting.

He has no money and if he were not the elected POTUS then he wouldn't get a basic security clearance due this his ridiculous levels of debt to an unknown number of lenders. It beggars belief this is even a discussion but it is what it is and an disgraceful chapter in US history.
I missed the part where someone said something about falsehoods.
I am curious to know who broke the law to get the tax returns to the Times. That’s an actual crime.
I haven’t seen where Trump committed crimes in how he managed his finances. Granted, I haven’t read everything there is to read, but I haven’t seen anything that says laws were broken.

He’s not a nice guy. He won’t win the Nobel Prize because of that. (But at least he actually did something to merit three nominations for it, as opposed to the last President who won it.. At least that guy was likable.)
He’s a ruthless businessman. Only other ruthless billionaires seem to respect that. Darn oligarchs. Someone should look into that.

Last edited by Kelly Gruene; 09-29-2020 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:52 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
I missed the part where someone said something about falsehoods.
I am curious to know who broke the law to get the tax returns to the Times. Thatís an actual crime.
I havenít seen where Trump committed crimes in how he managed his finances. Granted, I havenít read everything there is to read, but I havenít seen anything that says laws were broken.

Heís not a nice guy. He wonít win the Nobel Prize because of that. (But at least he actually did something to merit three nominations for it, as opposed to the last President who won it.. At least that guy was likable.)
Heís a ruthless businessman. Only other ruthless billionaires seem to respect that. Darn oligarchs. Someone should look into that.
He's not a billionaire, seriously. He's a multiple times failed real estate developer who was bailed out by his dad. I've worked in construction in NY and this is common knowledge well before he was on your TV.

Without The Apprentice then he was broke, again. Hence most likely his presidential campaign was to boost his stature which he never wanted to actually win!

He absolutely has committed crimes in his financial returns, it would be impossible not to or he would have released them. I have a family friend connected to the Turkish license agreement and that guys reeks to high heaven with fraud tied to Erdogan and cronies over there (Mr Yalcingdag if you want to google)
Old 09-29-2020, 08:03 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
He's not a billionaire, seriously. He's a multiple times failed real estate developer who was bailed out by his dad. I've worked in construction in NY and this is common knowledge well before he was on your TV.

Without The Apprentice then he was broke, again. Hence most likely his presidential campaign was to boost his stature which he never wanted to actually win!

He absolutely has committed crimes in his financial returns, it would be impossible not to or he would have released them. I have a family friend connected to the Turkish license agreement and that guys reeks to high heaven with fraud tied to Erdogan and cronies over there (Mr Yalcingdag if you want to google)
I dislike Trump immensely, but Forbes, as of today, places his net worth at 2.5 billion, which makes him a billionaire. It's obvious that you have some personal issues with him----just a word of advice. Back yourself out of this and try to look at both house plants we are being forced to choose between on equal footing. They're both equally worthless and terrible for this country.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:07 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
I dislike Trump immensely, but Forbes, as of today, places his net worth at 2.5 billion, which makes him a billionaire. It's obvious that you have some personal issues with him----just a word of advice. Back yourself out of this and try to look at both house plants we are being forced to choose between on equal footing. They're both equally worthless and terrible for this country.
Of course I have issues with Trump. He is a loathsome, vile, creep and a fraud. And that's what I thought of him before he was president!
Old 09-29-2020, 08:09 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Of course I have issues with Trump. He is a loathsome, vile, creep and a fraud. And that's what I thought of him before he was president!
And that is fine. Completely understandable. But we are stuck picking between him and Biden....and neither is fit to be POTUS.

We don't have a racial issue in the U.S. We have a financial disparity issue. It doesn't matter what your race is....if you're poor, you're fu(ked. And you always will be with either of these idiots in power.