Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Default Respect the Schedule (and My Authoritay [sic])

According to the AP and USA Today Coaches' poll. NR = Not Ranked; BE = Bowl Eligible

Temple (2-10) -- NR
Air Force (2-10) -- NR
Purdue (1-11) -- NR
Pitt (6-6) -- NR (BE)
Navy (7-4) -- NR (BE)
Michigan (7-5) -- NR (BE)
BYU (8-4) -- NR (BE)
USC (9-4) -- 26, AP; 28, USA (BE)
ASU (10-3) -- 16, AP; 17, USA (BE)
Oklahoma (10-2) -- 11, AP; 10, USA (BE)
Stanford (11-2) -- 5, AP; 7, USA (BE)
MSU (12-1) -- 4, AP; 4, USA (BE)

Opponents Combined Record: 85-62, 0.578, 58%
Combined Record of Top 6 Opponents: 70-16, 0.814, 81%
Average Ranking of Top 5 Opponents (both polls): 13th

Figuring in the likelihood that Navy will beat 3-8 Army, our opponents combined record will be 86-62, 0.581, 58%.

Depending on the bowl outcomes, either Stanford or MSU will be in the top 5 and the other will drop down; Oklahoma has a good shot of being ranked in the top 8; ASU of being in the top 13; and USC of being in the top 25.
The Indiana General Assembly granted the school its charter on January 15, 1844 under the name University of Notre Dame du Lac. While the translation of the French is "Our Lady of the Lake," the university actually has two lakes on its campus.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 12-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Domer Domain All American

that makes 8 look pretty nice except pitt of course

Keep That Fighting Spirit

"Let me see you disrespect me now, when my face is to ya" Lou Holtz

Resident video nerd and DomerDomain MVP since 2011
Old 12-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Send a message via AIM to toddrhodes Send a message via Yahoo to toddrhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithInIrishForever View Post
that makes 8 look pretty nice except pitt of course
Yep, and much as I hate to admit it, Echo was right; we'd stub our toe somewhere between USC and Stanford. I remember watching the very first Gameday of the season and they all agreed that 8 wins against our schedule *should* be considered very positive given our situation in late August. Stack up injuries on top of that and it's a wonder we got away with 8 wins. If we can thump Rutgers it gets us to 9-4 and, I personally feel, a top 25 preseason ranking going into 2014 against what I think is another difficult schedule. I don't know how everyone else feels but I am damn proud of the team and look forward to an exciting next season.

/insert witty comment or quote <here>
Old 12-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddrhodes View Post
I don't know how everyone else feels but I am damn proud of the team and look forward to an exciting next season.
With you Todd. 8 wins against this schedule was,
all things considered, a pretty good run.

Better if we won the 'right' 8 games, sure -
good teams win the games they are supposed to.

Satisfied with 8 wins every year? No.
Thrilled with an 8-4 record? No, of course not
But with tough schedule; rash of injuries; and far from a top-25 QB...
Could have been a helluva lot worse --
and not too long ago it was.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddrhodes View Post
Yep, and much as I hate to admit it, Echo was right; we'd stub our toe somewhere between USC and Stanford. I remember watching the very first Gameday of the season and they all agreed that 8 wins against our schedule *should* be considered very positive given our situation in late August. Stack up injuries on top of that and it's a wonder we got away with 8 wins. If we can thump Rutgers it gets us to 9-4 and, I personally feel, a top 25 preseason ranking going into 2014 against what I think is another difficult schedule. I don't know how everyone else feels but I am damn proud of the team and look forward to an exciting next season.
Our record is right where I thought it would be. I am with you. Curb stomp...... Errr noodle thrash Rutgers and I will be content (not happy) moving into the 2014 season. Let's get through these 6 months without some sort of scandals, death, defection, drama, disaster, rape......etc. And I will then move towards happy.

Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do!
Old 12-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDomer View Post
Our record is right where I thought it would be. I am with you. Curb stomp...... Errr noodle thrash Rutgers and I will be content (not happy) moving into the 2014 season. Let's get through these 6 months without some sort of scandals, death, defection, drama, disaster, rape......etc. And I will then move towards happy.
No kidding on this statement. Man, no news is the best news this offseason. Last offseason was a roller coaster of disaster.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDomer View Post
This. 100%. Can we please go through the offseason without a nasty transfer, a late de-commit, or a medical issue?
Old 12-11-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzenboyer View Post
This. 100%. Can we please go through the offseason without a nasty transfer, a late de-commit, or a medical issue?
Its happens on most teams every year. In fact, most of the better teams have transfers every year because someone it not getting the Playing Time that they wanted. I expect one or two transfers this off-season, not counting 5th year players moving on after not being asked back.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDhoosier View Post
Its happens on most teams every year. In fact, most of the better teams have transfers every year because someone it not getting the Playing Time that they wanted. I expect one or two transfers this off-season, not counting 5th year players moving on after not being asked back.
I think the bigger issue is late decommits. No one was super butthurt about Gunner leaving, but Vanderdouche was another issue. Also, Davonte Neal and Ferguson (To a lesser extent) sucked. And I don't think the latter two can be accounted to lack of PT big program type issues.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieAngel View Post
I think the bigger issue is late decommits. No one was super butthurt about Gunner leaving, but Vanderdouche was another issue. Also, Davonte Neal and Ferguson (To a lesser extent) sucked. And I don't think the latter two can be accounted to lack of PT big program type issues.
Neal had a family back in Arizona I thought, but he was not getting much PT. Ferguson, no one is sure why he left, but he did not get much PT. Gunner left because PT was not in his foreseeable future with Golson there. Vanderdouche is well... a douche.