Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 01-10-2020, 08:23 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiirish View Post
I think the future at QB here is going to be Drew Pyne,,,,I think he as much as Book gave the push to phil to move on....Pyne will most likely start as a redshirt frosh season after this and another 20 pounds.....Clark will be the back up next year though....but Pyne is a good one and will rise to the top quickly.

aloha
Pyne is a very good QB.
I think he could be the one to get squeezed out though.
Book in 2020. Clark then Pyne in 2021 while Buchner runs the scout team. Buchner in 2022 and beyond.
Pyne may be good enough to transfer and be successful somewhere else.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 01-10-2020, 08:45 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
Pyne is a very good QB.
I think he could be the one to get squeezed out though.
Book in 2020. Clark then Pyne in 2021 while Buchner runs the scout team. Buchner in 2022 and beyond.
Pyne may be good enough to transfer and be successful somewhere else.
Pyne is a solid prospect but heís no Trevor Lawrence. I doubt Jurkovec felt squeezed by a borderline 4* who hasnít even been in a college practice.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:22 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
Oh no you didnít!
You posted something positive about a three star recruit quarterback.
Youíre not supposed to do that here when thereís a Ďreal dealí four star quarterback on the roster or in the pipeline.
Kids just got something about him that I like. Kind of like Favre did, just looks to enjoy playing the game, true competitor. And like I said, his arm will surprise a few.

MICHIGAN SUCKS BALLS CLUB
Old 01-10-2020, 09:47 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
This is moronic. Rees only started bc Golson got himself suspended. McDaniel didnít take away PT from anyone who mattered, Schmidt was the only one who could understand Van Gorderís Defense. Finke is really the only one you can make that case for and I think he benefitted more from having experience than ďmoxieĒ.
This is even more moronic. Even the slight mishap with Golson, Rees was already warming up on the sideline. Donít act like Golson was ever the clear cut favorite every game.
Really? Really? McDaniel and his glamour shot took over playing time from anybody that was a running back on that team that year. His random three yards really led the charge that year. Let me ask you this? No, wait..Iíll come back to my question.
Let me get this straight...Schmidt was the only guy who could understand a defense that was towards the bottom every year Van Gorder was here. A guy that your boy BK kept on his staff and wouldnít fire. A defense I wrote about during the Fiesta bowl bashing where our corners played 22 yards off the line and our line got blown up on every play. Maybe it wasnít that the other guys couldnít understand his defense, but rather it was that Van Gorder was a poor talent evaluator and play-caller. Maybe thatís why Schmidt played.
Iíll get to my question but I already know my answer. What benefit did it do for anyone when McDaniel got those three yards. When Finke dropped those passes against Georgia for a pick-6? Joe Schmidt constantly missing tackles, too weak to shed blocks, or even get into position. Or how many wins did Rees and company give us to stick our chests out about? Because playing all these ďveteran moxiesĒ as you see as given us a ton of 8-5 records. Maybe Bryant is in the NFL right now with a strong career because he successfully ran great at ND given the opportunities instead of dead in Florida somewhere. Maybe ND has some more wins earlier in BKís years because he played the more talented players?
But Iím done ranting, I need to go catch ride to softball. Whereís John Goodman when you need him.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:04 PM
Domer Domain All American

I still dont get why people hate on Finke. He was a reliable WR. It is almost like you hate guys like Wes Welker and Julian Edelman. Yes I am comparing them because none of them are burners. Finke did at the college level what those two did/do at the NFL level. No, I do not think Finke could do anything at the NFL level. But it's not an issue to have a good hands receiver who plays very smart. Finke earned his spot and I was rarely disappointed in him...
Old 01-11-2020, 12:36 AM
Domer Domain All American

Them playing Clarke against New Mexico made it clear who the staff really sees as the successor to Book. Phil may turn out or he may be a bust, but I know Iíve never seen a great qb who couldnít throw a spiral. Heís got an Andrew Hendrix awkwardness to him but not nearly as bad.

Iím high on Buchner but I wonít be shocked if Clarke takes the reigns once Book leaves. ND is in a good spot at qb moving forward.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:44 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Thunder View Post
Kids just got something about him that I like. Kind of like Favre did, just looks to enjoy playing the game, true competitor. And like I said, his arm will surprise a few.
I was saying the same thing about Book when he first arrived at ND. He just wins. Nothing fancy about his game.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:23 AM
Domer Domain Freshman

That article said he's 6-2 and 185? That's not bad size. That means he could potentially be 6-2 200 or 205. That's a step up physically.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:00 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Thunder View Post
I agree with this. Iím excited to watch him play if he gets that chance. I believe heís gonna turn some heads.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:13 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4life View Post
I agree with this. Iím excited to watch him play if he gets that chance. I believe heís gonna turn some heads.
You got to think that Phil probably saw this too in practice. Phil might had felt he was one mistake away from being 3rd string. You never know.....
Old 01-12-2020, 05:58 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4life View Post
I still prefer a transfer with experience for Ď21.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:03 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Default Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiirish View Post
I think the future at QB here is going to be Drew Pyne,,,,I think he as much as Book gave the push to phil to move on....Pyne will most likely start as a redshirt frosh season after this and another 20 pounds.....Clark will be the back up next year though....but Pyne is a good one and will rise to the top quickly.

aloha
Clark is very good and supposedly passed Phil at practice. He has a strong arm and is accurate in long passes but his touch on short plays needs work.
He is a good runner. I have not heard how he compared to Phil but he is suppose to be a tough guy type.
Pyne is a good player also.
Tyler Buchner, best QB since Brady Quinn per Irish Sports Daily, plus others. Watch his videos, there a lot to watch and I think you will enjoy it.

Phil might have been much better if he didn`t have a QB coach.