Notre Dame Football News And Talk  


Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-01-2020, 08:07 PM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 4,674
Default Clemson WR Ross out for yr

Massive blow to Clemson.

https://twitter.com/gmraynor/status/...882426374?s=21
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

  #2  
Old 06-03-2020, 12:41 AM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 4,674
Default

Nothing? Itís a BFD, this is the dude who torched ND in the semi final. Anyway, Dabo is taking some heat online. Iím guessing heíll slide

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/3127947001
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-12-2020, 08:06 PM
Jersey Irish's Avatar
Jersey Irish Jersey Irish is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mine Hill, New Jersey
Posts: 4,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Nothing? Itís a BFD, this is the dude who torched ND in the semi final. Anyway, Dabo is taking some heat online. Iím guessing heíll slide

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/3127947001
No one is calling for his hide....just yet! But he just blew his chance at a Dabo statue on campus.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-20-2020, 12:40 PM
gasher gasher is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa
Posts: 435
Default

Well, this bad for the season.

http://twitter.com/woodywhitehurst/s...51406161858562
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-20-2020, 01:34 PM
jbrown_9999 jbrown_9999 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,351
Default

Without a vaccine, better for teams if their players get sick now than in the fall
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-20-2020, 08:43 PM
ndomer4's Avatar
ndomer4 ndomer4 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 5,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown_9999 View Post
Without a vaccine, better for teams if their players get sick now than in the fall
Yes, I have been saying this for the past week. If teams like Bama and OSU truly care about winning at all costs, they’d expose all their players to the virus now. It is inevitable they will contract the virus at some point, and they are the population least likely to be impacted by the virus. This is a controversial opinion, but I’m sure it has crossed the minds of many.

Imagine losing your entire o-line for a few weeks, you’d basically be forced to forfeit.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-21-2020, 12:24 AM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 4,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown_9999 View Post
Without a vaccine, better for teams if their players get sick now than in the fall
Pretty much and most arenít even ďsickĒ, theyíre asymptomatic and have no effects of the virus. Itís become clear to me, sports writers do not want sports to happen. They want to use this as a Chance to delve into politics.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-21-2020, 06:25 PM
ndfanatic78 ndfanatic78 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Pretty much and most aren’t even “sick”, they’re asymptomatic and have no effects of the virus. It’s become clear to me, sports writers do not want sports to happen. They want to use this as a Chance to delve into politics.
What a moronic point of view you have. Not everybody is as concerned about politics as you. Some people just care about other human beings. From all your posts I can tell you are not one of them and obviously you don’t think anybody else does. Your bias bleeds through everything you post.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-21-2020, 06:33 PM
ndfanatic78 ndfanatic78 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Pretty much and most arenít even ďsickĒ, theyíre asymptomatic and have no effects of the virus. Itís become clear to me, sports writers do not want sports to happen. They want to use this as a Chance to delve into politics.
What a moronic point of view you have. Not everybody is as concerned about politics as you. Some people just care about other human beings. From all your posts I can tell you are not one of them and obviously you donít think anybody else does. Your Dias bleeds through everything you post.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-21-2020, 08:48 PM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 4,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfanatic78 View Post
What a moronic point of view you have. Not everybody is as concerned about politics as you. Some people just care about other human beings. From all your posts I can tell you are not one of them and obviously you donít think anybody else does. Your bias bleeds through everything you post.
Oh bs. These guys are auditioning for jobs at other places. I have no bias, except a bias against sports media trying to cancel everything. I support the players protesting, but if you can protests, you can play sports. We just had millions of people out 2 weeks ago in massive groups and thereís no massive nationwide spike. Itís ok to play sports.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-21-2020, 09:19 PM
Soko Soko is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Oh bs. These guys are auditioning for jobs at other places. I have no bias, except a bias against sports media trying to cancel everything. I support the players protesting, but if you can protests, you can play sports. We just had millions of people out 2 weeks ago in massive groups and thereís no massive nationwide spike. Itís ok to play sports.
Well there is a national spike actually. And it's going to get worse.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-21-2020, 10:01 PM
coltssb coltssb is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 4,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko View Post
Well there is a national spike actually. And it's going to get worse.
Especially, in Arizona where I live. My Wifeís two sisters just had it it, one was really sick, and the other was fine. I was around them helping them move and as of last night started having chest-like symptoms. Like the early stages of pneumonia, which Iíve had three times now. So Iím hoping itís just some random allergy or something. But, I havenít had a chest cold in 20 years...
Itís been easy to dismiss by me until they got it and now Iím starting to feel like crap. What a serious crazy time now.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-21-2020, 10:10 PM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 4,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko View Post
Well there is a national spike actually. And it's going to get worse.
Then weíll have herd immunity. Might as well get it over with now, bc a vaccine isnít coming anytime soon.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-21-2020, 10:16 PM
Soko Soko is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Then weíll have herd immunity. Might as well get it over with now, bc a vaccine isnít coming anytime soon.
Herd immunity is years away, if even possible. And the death toll for that approach will be very ugly.

There will be a vaccine before that point is reached.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-21-2020, 10:41 PM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 4,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko View Post
Herd immunity is years away, if even possible. And the death toll for that approach will be very ugly.

There will be a vaccine before that point is reached.
Death toll? It has a 99.9% recovery rate of your under 70.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-21-2020, 11:09 PM
ndomer4's Avatar
ndomer4 ndomer4 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 5,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Death toll? It has a 99.9% recovery rate of your under 70.
Letís not forget, about 70% of people donít have symptoms so the total number of cases is astronomically higher than being reported. Thatís not even accounting for the asymptomatic people who did not feel sick enough to warrant a test. Now theyíre saying this was in Italy in December, so thereís another large majority of people who got passed off as having the flu.

The message being lost here is the metabolically healthy people have practically no risk. If youíre still pounding back soda, chips and being sedentary, then this should be wake up call to focus on your health. The old and elderly should definitely be isolating, but the young and healthy need to get back to work.

The mental health impacts due to the quarantine have been way overlooked, itís time to get back to some normalcy already.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-22-2020, 12:58 AM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 4,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndomer4 View Post
Let’s not forget, about 70% of people don’t have symptoms so the total number of cases is astronomically higher than being reported. That’s not even accounting for the asymptomatic people who did not feel sick enough to warrant a test. Now they’re saying this was in Italy in December, so there’s another large majority of people who got passed off as having the flu.

The message being lost here is the metabolically healthy people have practically no risk. If you’re still pounding back soda, chips and being sedentary, then this should be wake up call to focus on your health. The old and elderly should definitely be isolating, but the young and healthy need to get back to work.

The mental health impacts due to the quarantine have been way overlooked, it’s time to get back to some normalcy already.
Beyond that, I want to know what suicide rates look like since the pandemic. It’s hard not to be depressed amongst a virus, massive unemployment, racial issues, and political uncertainty. Add to that, there’s no outlet to escape from all of it. That’s why these sports writers who constantly inject politics are azzholes. People know what’s going on in the world, it’s a cluster f***. However, they don’t need that reminder when they look for some respite. And it’s find if these writers want to talk about politics on twitter, they have that right, but your articles should try to stay focused on sports. Occasionally, there’s some overlap, but it’s not necessary to have them in every f’n article.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-22-2020, 03:12 PM
ndfanatic78 ndfanatic78 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 113
Default

It’s not true that just obese lazy people die from the virus, it might be a smaller percentage but there are many healthy people that have died from the disease, both old and young. A 20 year old girl just had a lung transplant because of the disease who had no preexisting conditions before she got the virus. Beyond that we still do not know what kind of life long complications the virus can cause for those who get it but don’t die. One major possibility is infertility for young men. Then there is also the high probability that it is going to mutate again, it already has, and could get even worse. The virus still has a higher mortality rate than the flu. Last no one is saying we shouldn’t figure out other ways to deal with it other than social isolation but to act like it is nothing is also incredibly naive at best and to call out sports writers as if they have some agenda to cancel sports for another gig is just moronic. Maybe actually listen to health experts and not some political rag or politicians.

By the way this virus still has a spread factor above 1 and it can kill the healthiest of us as it has including a marathon runner who again had no preexisting conditions.

The very last thing I’m going to say about this and never again bring it up on a FOOTBALL FORUM Is that I’m not trying to be a fear monger or act like this is the end of the world but the people on here acting like they know more than professionals across the world is sad and why there is so much disinformation out there. Be smart, be safe, and care about your fellow man pretty simple.

Last edited by ndfanatic78; 06-22-2020 at 03:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-22-2020, 03:26 PM
ndomer4's Avatar
ndomer4 ndomer4 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 5,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfanatic78 View Post
It’s not true that just obese lazy people die from the virus, it might be a smaller percentage but there are many healthy people that have died from the disease, both old and young. A 20 year old girl just had a lung transplant because of the disease who had no preexisting conditions before she got the virus. Beyond that we still do not know what kind of life long complications the virus can cause for those who get it but don’t die. One major possibility is infertility for young men. Then there is also the high probability that it is going to mutate again, it already has, and could get even worse. The virus still has a higher mortality rate than the flu. Last no one is saying we shouldn’t figure out other ways to deal with it other than social isolation but to act like it is nothing is also incredibly naive at best and to call out sports writers as if they have some agenda to cancel sports for another gig is just moronic. Maybe actually listen to health experts and not some political rag or politicians.

By the way this virus still has a spread factor above 1 and it can kill the healthiest of us as it has including a marathon runner who again had no preexisting conditions.

The very last thing I’m going to say about this and never again bring it up on a FOOTBALL FORUM Is that I’m not trying to be a fear monger or act like this is the end of the world but the people on here acting like they know more than professionals across the world is sad and why there is so much disinformation out there. Be smart, be safe, and care about your fellow man pretty simple.
Those cases you bring up are anomalies and even though they were seemingly healthy, they likely could have had a pre existing condition that was not diagnosed.

Like I said earlier, take into account the people that don’t get tested because they either don’t have symptoms or aren’t sick enough to warrant a test. The number of cases would be astronomically higher and the death rate would be a fraction of what it is being reported as.

Not saying this virus is nothing, but it’s a lot closer to the flu than you think.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-22-2020, 04:26 PM
ndfanatic78 ndfanatic78 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 113
Default

Thousands if not millions of people get the flu that are never tested also and those examples I gave are not anomalies. There are plenty of seemingly healthy people that have died from this virus. Maybe they have pre existing conditions but according to their doctors nothing was known. Iíll take doctors opinions from across the globe rather than those from people on a football forum. Iím done responding to this any further in a football forum. Any discussion of this or about politics should be deleted by the admins. This is supposed to be about ND football. We can debate whether we think there is going to be a season but debate about a virus that in 3 and half months killed more Americans than died in the whole of the Vietnam War should be left for political or medical message boards.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-22-2020, 05:55 PM
ndomer4's Avatar
ndomer4 ndomer4 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 5,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfanatic78 View Post
Thousands if not millions of people get the flu that are never tested also and those examples I gave are not anomalies. There are plenty of seemingly healthy people that have died from this virus. Maybe they have pre existing conditions but according to their doctors nothing was known. I’ll take doctors opinions from across the globe rather than those from people on a football forum. I’m done responding to this any further in a football forum. Any discussion of this or about politics should be deleted by the admins. This is supposed to be about ND football. We can debate whether we think there is going to be a season but debate about a virus that in 3 and half months killed more Americans than died in the whole of the Vietnam War should be left for political or medical message boards.
Sorry to tell you, but those are anomalies.

Key word, “seemingly.” The amount of people with metabolic disease is astounding. You would be shocked at the amount of “seemingly” healthy people who have a pre-existing condition they are unaware of.

You are right though, this type of conversation should be left off here. The message here is that university has over 20+ players with the virus and they are moving on. I can then surmise that they agree with me and don’t see any threat because their players are metabolically healthy.

Last edited by ndomer4; 06-22-2020 at 05:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-24-2020, 06:22 PM
Dardo's Avatar
Dardo Dardo is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Posts: 1,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Beyond that, I want to know what suicide rates look like since the pandemic. Itís hard not to be depressed amongst a virus, massive unemployment, racial issues, and political uncertainty. Add to that, thereís no outlet to escape from all of it. Thatís why these sports writers who constantly inject politics are azzholes. People know whatís going on in the world, itís a cluster f***. However, they donít need that reminder when they look for some respite. And itís find if these writers want to talk about politics on twitter, they have that right, but your articles should try to stay focused on sports. Occasionally, thereís some overlap, but itís not necessary to have them in every fín article.
For someone bitching about how sportswriters need to stick to sports, you've sure posted a lot of non football talk on this football forum.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Also visit IrishEnvy, our Notre Dame Football partner site

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:12 AM.

Last Updated: July 10, 2020

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.