Notre Dame Football News And Talk  


Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Recruiting Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #401  
Old 06-02-2020, 08:21 PM
Big23Head's Avatar
Big23Head Big23Head is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown_9999 View Post
It's too bad that Kelly needs in person visits while other schools seem to be getting commitments without them even for out of state recruits.

What can Kelly do differently to compete?
ND is a smaller, private, Catholic school in South Bend, IN. If you aren't into ND somewhat to begin with you need visits. That said, they need to do whatever they can to show these kids the academics, football program, and campus to get them to at least wait to see it in person.

They are staying on several committed prospects. If things open up in the fall it will get interesting.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

  #402  
Old 06-02-2020, 08:23 PM
Big23Head's Avatar
Big23Head Big23Head is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,159
Default




Last edited by Big23Head; 06-02-2020 at 08:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #403  
Old 06-02-2020, 08:33 PM
Big23Head's Avatar
Big23Head Big23Head is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,159
Default

Reply With Quote
  #404  
Old 06-03-2020, 05:35 PM
golson5 golson5 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big23Head View Post
ND is a smaller, private, Catholic school in South Bend, IN. If you aren't into ND somewhat to begin with you need visits. That said, they need to do whatever they can to show these kids the academics, football program, and campus to get them to at least wait to see it in person.

They are staying on several committed prospects. If things open up in the fall it will get interesting.
Hopefully staying on a couple OL
Reply With Quote
  #405  
Old 06-03-2020, 06:01 PM
coltssb coltssb is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 4,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big23Head View Post
ND is a smaller, private, Catholic school in South Bend, IN. If you aren't into ND somewhat to begin with you need visits. That said, they need to do whatever they can to show these kids the academics, football program, and campus to get them to at least wait to see it in person.

They are staying on several committed prospects. If things open up in the fall it will get interesting.
Is it getting harder and harder for ND to sell kids the longer ND doesnít win a championship? Also, is it harder for Nd to have a coach like BK who hasnít won anything at the D-1 level? Itís hard for the factors you mentioned. But Iím beginning to think ND is going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat on both things Iíve mentioned.
Reply With Quote
  #406  
Old 06-04-2020, 12:40 AM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 4,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
Is it getting harder and harder for ND to sell kids the longer ND doesnít win a championship? Also, is it harder for Nd to have a coach like BK who hasnít won anything at the D-1 level? Itís hard for the factors you mentioned. But Iím beginning to think ND is going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat on both things Iíve mentioned.
I keep seeing on twitter how black athletes feel like theyíre just used for their athletic ability by their schools. If they feel that way, start looking at ND, Stanford, Nwestern, even Vandy more. Those Schools care about developing you athletically and academically. You canít say you want to be serious about academics and keep going to these football factories.
Reply With Quote
  #407  
Old 06-04-2020, 01:45 AM
TheRizz TheRizz is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
Is it getting harder and harder for ND to sell kids the longer ND doesnít win a championship? Also, is it harder for Nd to have a coach like BK who hasnít won anything at the D-1 level? Itís hard for the factors you mentioned. But Iím beginning to think ND is going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat on both things Iíve mentioned.
It's basically been Clemson, OSU, and Alabama (along with GA) in the playoffs.

So you are saying all the other D1 coaches are all sinking except for those four teams?
Reply With Quote
  #408  
Old 06-04-2020, 01:10 PM
jbrown_9999 jbrown_9999 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
Is it getting harder and harder for ND to sell kids the longer ND doesn’t win a championship? Also, is it harder for Nd to have a coach like BK who hasn’t won anything at the D-1 level? It’s hard for the factors you mentioned. But I’m beginning to think ND is going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat on both things I’ve mentioned.
I am as guilty of this as much as anyone else but let's keep this thread focused on individual 2021 recruits. We can start another thread to comment on Brian Kelly's overall recruiting

Last edited by jbrown_9999; 06-04-2020 at 01:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #409  
Old 06-04-2020, 01:20 PM
coltssb coltssb is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 4,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizz View Post
It's basically been Clemson, OSU, and Alabama (along with GA) in the playoffs.

So you are saying all the other D1 coaches are all sinking except for those four teams?
What Iím saying is all I here about is how hard it is to recruit at ND. Weather, academics. whatever.. Each year that passes that Nd hasnít won a Natty is another year that these guys become younger. Most of these kids have never seen ND be dominant. And with BK never winning a Natty or being able to sell a championship besides at Grand Valley State, I was asking the question is it getting tougher to bring in top 20 kids anymore? Besides the 40 year degree, what else can Nd offer kids from all over. Tv viewership is gone, everyone plays on tv in some capacity, running for the title is gone, that hasnít happened since a Reagan, no to weather, no to hot California girls, no to a party. What else can ND truly sale if they havenít won in 20+ years, and they have a coach who has never won at this level or whose own last championship is almost as long as NDís. Thats all Iím asking.
Reply With Quote
  #410  
Old 06-04-2020, 06:54 PM
cavic cavic is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big23Head View Post
ND is a smaller, private, Catholic school in South Bend, IN. If you aren't into ND somewhat to begin with you need visits. That said, they need to do whatever they can to show these kids the academics, football program, and campus to get them to at least wait to see it in person.

They are staying on several committed prospects. If things open up in the fall it will get interesting.
ND was a smaller, private, Catholic school for Holtz, Devine, Parseghian, Leahy and Rockne. Excellence is achieved by special people. Maybe it is not only the coaches but the administrators above them at ND. Clemson wasn't Clemson before Dabo, Bama went through a drought from 1993 to 2008, Ohio State has always had advantages over the rest of the Big 10 but Urban Meyer took them to another level. Kelly is entering year 11. It won't last much longer. Lets hope the administration goes all in and rewards a loyal fan base that has supported the team through 31 years of no national titles with a coach that will not be denied in any way, shape or form!
Reply With Quote
  #411  
Old 06-04-2020, 07:51 PM
golson5 golson5 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavic View Post
ND was a smaller, private, Catholic school for Holtz, Devine, Parseghian, Leahy and Rockne. Excellence is achieved by special people. Maybe it is not only the coaches but the administrators above them at ND. Clemson wasn't Clemson before Dabo, Bama went through a drought from 1993 to 2008, Ohio State has always had advantages over the rest of the Big 10 but Urban Meyer took them to another level. Kelly is entering year 11. It won't last much longer. Lets hope the administration goes all in and rewards a loyal fan base that has supported the team through 31 years of no national titles with a coach that will not be denied in any way, shape or form!
Tressell was pretty damn good himself. OSU has been dominant for awhile
Reply With Quote
  #412  
Old 06-05-2020, 03:10 AM
Big23Head's Avatar
Big23Head Big23Head is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,159
Default



Reply With Quote
  #413  
Old 06-05-2020, 10:54 AM
jbrown_9999 jbrown_9999 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,351
Default

Any chance that recent RB offers Logan Diggs and Tavierre Dunlap are 3-stars who are under rated and are actually 4-star talent?

Or is Kelly & Co having to settle for 3-star RBs now that Chip Long is gone?
Reply With Quote
  #414  
Old 06-05-2020, 07:51 PM
cavic cavic is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by golson5 View Post
Tressell was pretty damn good himself. OSU has been dominant for awhile
Tressel was very good but OSU went from 1969 through 2001 without a national title. 34 seasons. It took Tressel to get it done. My point is it will take someone special at ND also.
Reply With Quote
  #415  
Old 06-05-2020, 09:46 PM
jbrown_9999 jbrown_9999 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,351
Default Dallas Turner

Any reason that Kelly is just now making an offer to Dallas Turner (High 4-Star, Top 50 DE from St Thomas Aquinas in Florida)? Kelly seems a little late to the party since even Stanford, with their more stringent academic requirements, offered back on April 4th.

Was it not wanting recruits from Florida?

https://247sports.com/Player/Dallas-...Events/?Page=1
Reply With Quote
  #416  
Old 06-05-2020, 11:54 PM
Big23Head's Avatar
Big23Head Big23Head is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown_9999 View Post
Any chance that recent RB offers Logan Diggs and Tavierre Dunlap are 3-stars who are under rated and are actually 4-star talent?

Or is Kelly & Co having to settle for 3-star RBs now that Chip Long is gone?
Maybe, senior years are a big deal for kids. Maturing and all that. I think Diggs may have shared carries with someone last year too, so that could change things being the main guy now. Dunlap seems pretty solid.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown_9999 View Post
Any reason that Kelly is just now making an offer to Dallas Turner (High 4-Star, Top 50 DE from St Thomas Aquinas in Florida)? Kelly seems a little late to the party since even Stanford, with their more stringent academic requirements, offered back on April 4th.

Was it not wanting recruits from Florida?

https://247sports.com/Player/Dallas-...Events/?Page=1
No clue here, seems odd timing.
Reply With Quote
  #417  
Old 06-05-2020, 11:54 PM
golson5 golson5 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown_9999 View Post
Any reason that Kelly is just now making an offer to Dallas Turner (High 4-Star, Top 50 DE from St Thomas Aquinas in Florida)? Kelly seems a little late to the party since even Stanford, with their more stringent academic requirements, offered back on April 4th.

Was it not wanting recruits from Florida?

https://247sports.com/Player/Dallas-...Events/?Page=1
You have a BK obsession. You must hate the guy so much it has you obsessed
Reply With Quote
  #418  
Old 06-06-2020, 12:46 AM
TheRizz TheRizz is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by golson5 View Post
You have a BK obsession. You must hate the guy so much it has you obsessed
Good post
Reps!!!
Reply With Quote
  #419  
Old 06-06-2020, 03:15 PM
D Fence's Avatar
D Fence D Fence is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,083
Default

Looks like 2021 CB Ryan Barnes just committed per 247. Mickens getting his work in on the trail. Barnes had offers from Clemson, LSU, Georgia, Oklahoma, USC, Michigan, Florida, Florida State and several others.
Reply With Quote
  #420  
Old 06-06-2020, 03:19 PM
USAFA03_HUGENDFAN's Avatar
USAFA03_HUGENDFAN USAFA03_HUGENDFAN is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern MD for now
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Fence View Post
Looks like 2021 CB Ryan Barnes just committed per 247. Mickens getting his work in on the trail. Barnes had offers from Clemson, LSU, Georgia, Oklahoma, USC, Michigan, Florida, Florida State and several others.
Ya saw some of the post on Instagram. Seems they are continuing to add size (or lengthy) in backfield. Welcome board Ryan!
Reply With Quote
  #421  
Old 06-06-2020, 05:50 PM
4thand1 4thand1 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 276
Default

Barnes was a great get! DBs has been a weakness and it appears that Mickens is making progress.

Wondering if Big or anyone else has predictions for how the class will finish out and if you have any potential flip candidates.
Reply With Quote
  #422  
Old 06-07-2020, 03:21 AM
Big23Head's Avatar
Big23Head Big23Head is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thand1 View Post
Barnes was a great get! DBs has been a weakness and it appears that Mickens is making progress.

Wondering if Big or anyone else has predictions for how the class will finish out and if you have any potential flip candidates.
Right now predictions are hard. With so many kids committing early and feeling pressure to do so, there will be decommits. I don't mean ND, although it could happen, but other schools. They need a solid RB, they need to land a solid larger WR (strike while Boykin and Claypool are fresh), and the rest will fill out.

I'm excited to see Buchner play in a higher division this year, that will get RB and WR attention too.

Guys I could see landing at ND: Rocco Spindler, Christian Lewis, Prince Kollie, Kaleb Edwards, Titus Mokiao-Atimalala, Jayden Thomas. All would be strong pick ups

Last edited by Big23Head; 06-07-2020 at 03:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #423  
Old 06-08-2020, 05:28 AM
Big23Head's Avatar
Big23Head Big23Head is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,159
Default



Reply With Quote
  #424  
Old 06-08-2020, 06:01 PM
Big23Head's Avatar
Big23Head Big23Head is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,159
Default

This kid may be a visit away from committing to ND. The way he has worded some of his answers is coincidental or telling

Reply With Quote
  #425  
Old 06-09-2020, 12:44 AM
Jersey Irish's Avatar
Jersey Irish Jersey Irish is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mine Hill, New Jersey
Posts: 4,586
Default

He'd be a great get at TE! His H.S. coach compared him to a budding George Kittle. High praise indeed!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Also visit IrishEnvy, our Notre Dame Football partner site

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:03 AM.

Last Updated: July 10, 2020

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.