Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 06-19-2012, 12:07 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Default New DD Member. ND Podcaster, Blogger. Excited to join in.

First post here everyone. I'm got a tip on this forum by PCD329 who said this was a fun, positive place that had been really supportive of her recent work.

I'm a Notre Dame blogger myself at HerringBoneSports.com & I do a couple of podcasts with TNNDN Network. It's been unbelieveable. They asked me to do a guest spot on the Champs Bowl preview show in December and a couple months later I'm interviewing Lou Holtz, Tim Brown, Brady Quinn, Marc Edwards & many more.

I'm also now co-hosting a show with former Notre Dame tight end Oscar McBride as well that discusses youth sports and coaching with integrity. It just started but I think it's going to be something very cool.

I also played football through college, finishing up at I-AA Wagner after taking the JUCO route to a scholarship. I'm really just another football fanatic though. Met Lou Holtz on a family trip to ND when I was 6 and fell in love with everything about the school.

Looking forward to participating in here and getting help from great fans as I prep for interviews and ND shows. Hopefully we're in for a good time Domer Domain!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 06-19-2012, 02:51 AM
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend

Welcome to DD! Let us know when the shows are.

"
If we were in the wild, I would attack u. Even if u weren’t in my food chain, I would go out of my way to attack u!" ~Manti Teo

Old 06-19-2012, 03:49 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Aloha Herring Bone-- welcome aboard--nice time to join in---we are all on our best behavior all summer ---remember though once the season starts we turn on each other like a pack of RABID DOGS!!!---

aloha's go irish!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:33 AM
Administrator
Domer Domain All American

Welcome in !! Post away! Can't wait to hear how the Timmy Brown Interview goes

Old 06-19-2012, 04:57 AM
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdnd81 View Post
You're such a whore for Timmy Brown!

"
If we were in the wild, I would attack u. Even if u weren’t in my food chain, I would go out of my way to attack u!" ~Manti Teo

Old 06-19-2012, 05:31 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedsterX View Post
Welcome to DD! Let us know when the shows are.
Thanks. Our main show "Down the Line" airs on Thursday nights. The summer has been jam packed with interviews and this week we host Tony Rice & Chris Zorich along with Oscar McBride's segment "Red Zone Target". You can listen in live, on the site later, or on iTunes podcasts under "TNNDN".

Been enjoying my Tony Rice research today. I was only 6 in 1988 so it's been fun interviewing all these guys and hearing more stories about the times with Holtz, Alvarez and the games.

Appreciate the support!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedsterX View Post
You're such a whore for Timmy Brown!
Yes sir !!!!!!!! I might have to change my avatar.. I got my 6 month old girl in a ND helmet. Its not as good as Timmy's when he was 3 months old but I will try again.

It is well known I have a problem with my TD Timmy Brown love

Old 06-19-2012, 05:37 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdnd81 View Post
How could you not love Tim Brown?? Here is his with some player highlights. I kinda popped a question on him he wasn't expecting. He's been telling the story this year about his father coming home drunk and threatening to kill him when he was young and he decided to never touch alcohol. He had just started speaking about it and I thought he wanted to get it out there. He also talks about the Holtz effect & his realization the Heisman was a possibility.

Tim will be on Oscar McBride's show "Ask Oscar" next Sunday, June 28th and I'll be co-hosting so I'm excited to speak with him. Enjoy!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:39 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiirish View Post
Aloha Herring Bone-- welcome aboard--nice time to join in---we are all on our best behavior all summer ---remember though once the season starts we turn on each other like a pack of RABID DOGS!!!---

aloha's go irish!
I love it my man. Notre Dame football is serious business. I'm pretty no holds barred when discussing the team myself. Guess I should get it out there I'm a Golson man. Expecting big things out of him.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herring Bone View Post
How could you not love Tim Brown?? Here is his 1st TNNDN interview from earlier this spring with some player highlights. I kinda popped a question on him he wasn't expecting. He's been telling the story this year about his father coming home drunk and threatening to kill him when he was young and he decided to never touch alcohol. He had just started speaking about it and I thought he wanted to get it out there. He also talks about the Holtz effect & his realization the Heisman was a possibility.

Tim will be on Oscar McBride's show "Ask Oscar" next Sunday, June 28th and I'll be co-hosting so I'm excited to speak with him. Enjoy!
Thank you for that !! I don't have time tonight for a 30:00 video but I sure as hell will have time soon. Thanks for sharing.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
I love it my man. Notre Dame football is serious business. I'm pretty no holds barred when discussing the team myself. Guess I should get it out there I'm a Golson man. Expecting big things out of him.
Really?

Well then, me, you, and hawaii are gonna get along juuuuuust fine.

Welcome to DD!!

"It isn't necessary to see a good tackle. You can hear it. "
Knute Rockne

Old 06-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
How could you not love Tim Brown?? Here is his 1st TNNDN interview from earlier this spring with some player highlights. I kinda popped a question on him he wasn't expecting. He's been telling the story this year about his father coming home drunk and threatening to kill him when he was young and he decided to never touch alcohol. He had just started speaking about it and I thought he wanted to get it out there. He also talks about the Holtz effect & his realization the Heisman was a possibility.

Welcome, Herring. Good luck with all your work. Do you have a twitter acct?

Touchdown Timmy Brown was what got me through Notre Dame football while I attended: '83-'87. That story about his father is a good one for him to share: there are a lot of high functioning men in this world who dealt with dysfunctional relationships with their own fathers.

Oh, and tell him I remember how we kicked his butt during the annual Flanner Hall-Grace Hall snowball fight.
The Indiana General Assembly granted the school its charter on January 15, 1844 under the name University of Notre Dame du Lac. While the translation of the French is "Our Lady of the Lake," the university actually has two lakes on its campus.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Smile

Welcome home Bone...now you have just 24 hours to select your camp. The Colin Kent State pessimists or the Hawaii Rainbow state optimists. Orrrrrr...just buy some popcorn and pop it when appropriate...munch on...
Old 06-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Yeah, the Tim Brown show was very early on in the whole "get the interviews up on YouTube" era of our show. Lately If the interview is over 12-15 minutes I'll clip out the best stories and load them up separately without the cheesy graphics because I use a very simple video editing program.

The channel the Tim Brown video is on has ALL our best interviews. The Holtz one is especially fantastic as Oscar McBride, Jeff Burris, Rick Mirer, and a few other guys kind of randomly called in to say hi to coach.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by PursuitAce View Post
Welcome home Bone...now you have just 24 hours to select your camp. The Colin Kent State pessimists or the Hawaii Rainbow state optimists. Orrrrrr...just buy some popcorn and pop it when appropriate...munch on...
I don't need 24 hours - I'm an eternal optimist and unlike many I do trust that Kelly knows what he is doing in the long run, even at QB. If it's Rees or Hendrix or Kiel over my man Golson I'm behind the program 100%. I don't root for the player or team to fail based off a personal idea or agenda.

While being an optimist I am also a realist. When I see poor play and coaching decisions I call it out. I will in here and I will on the shows.

I've been through the recruiting process as a player at lower levels and my JUCO teammates were national recruits whom I participated with to some degrees. Three of them ran out the tunnel as ND opponents down the road actually. The way in which recruiting works at all levels has so many massive, gushing holes that I REFUSE to get too worked up about most players that are landed or commit elsewhere. In the world of recruiting I AM a big optimist.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lakes View Post
Welcome, Herring. Good luck with all your work. Do you have a twitter acct?

Touchdown Timmy Brown was what got me through Notre Dame football while I attended: '83-'87. That story about his father is a good one for him to share: there are a lot of high functioning men in this world who dealt with dysfunctional relationships with their own fathers.

Oh, and tell him I remember how we kicked his butt during the annual Flanner Hall-Grace Hall snowball fight.
Thanks for the welcome - I'm on Twitter: @HB_Sports

I'll see if Oscar wants to discuss life as a student on ND's campus and maybe we can bring that story up. True about men of great worth overcoming obstacles as children and Timmy is no exception. Hard to believe he literally didn't talk to his father for 10 full years, which included time at ND & the beginning of his HOF career.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:39 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
First post here everyone. I'm got a tip on this forum by PCD329 who said this was a fun, positive place that had been really supportive of her recent work.

I'm a Notre Dame blogger myself at HerringBoneSports.com & I do a couple of podcasts with TNNDN Network. It's been unbelieveable. They asked me to do a guest spot on the Champs Bowl preview show in December and a couple months later I'm interviewing Lou Holtz, Tim Brown, Brady Quinn, Marc Edwards & many more.

I'm also now co-hosting a show with former Notre Dame tight end Oscar McBride as well that discusses youth sports and coaching with integrity. It just started but I think it's going to be something very cool.

I also played football through college, finishing up at I-AA Wagner after taking the JUCO route to a scholarship. I'm really just another football fanatic though. Met Lou Holtz on a family trip to ND when I was 6 and fell in love with everything about the school.

Looking forward to participating in here and getting help from great fans as I prep for interviews and ND shows. Hopefully we're in for a good time Domer Domain!
Welcome, kiddo! Glad to have you onboard!

Old 06-20-2012, 04:33 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Enjoyed your interview with Timmy. I remember when he ran those two kicks back against Michigan State. You will be a great addition to DD. I have been very outspoken about Golson and I know this kid is a winner. He will be terrific in the red zone. I come from Oklahoma where they made a living on sub 6 foot running quarterbacks, only Golson can throw better then almost all of the Oklahoma kids in the 70's and 80's. All these guys did was win 4 titles in this era and it could have been 8 or 9. Can't wait for Ireland when we shock the world with a fast break offense and a run stuffing defense. Go Irish!!!